[REQ] ADDING of NEW Emojis in MMS.apk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pinopan

Jan 22, 2013
Hello people. :cyclops:

Surely you've noticed that the current Mms.apk (e.g. in AOKP, Xylon) just contains the old Emojis. If you take a look into iOS6 or WhatsApp you will see many more of them like these in the attachment.

So, isn't it possible to add the new Emojis into the Mms.apk? :confused: I am sure it is really easy for an experienced developer.

If not, can someone post me a manual, please. In the attachment is the package with all the Emojis and the Mms.apk from AOKP (with Quick-Emoji-Button).

Regards.

Attachments

• Emojis.rar
    2.7 MB · Views: 62
  • Emojis.jpg
    Emojis.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 718
  • Mms.apk
    3.2 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
It really is :p especially with this.. Unzip your emoji file, and then just open Mms.apk with 7zip and find the location of where the original are and drag and drop but make sure to rename them the way the originals are in the Mms.apk and just save and copy it back to your phone..

Sent from my Nexus 4

pinopan

Jan 22, 2013
It really is :p especially with this.. Unzip your emoji file, and then just open Mms.apk with 7zip and find the location of where the original are and drag and drop but make sure to rename them the way the originals are in the Mms.apk and just save and copy it back to your phone..

Sent from my Nexus 4

I doubt that this method works :) ... did you try it?

i think you have to modify some XML-files ... i don't know which files and how ...

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
Well if you want to replace them, yes it works just rename them to the same name. But if you want to add more like CM, then there's more to it like you said

Sent from my Nexus 4

Zainiak

Jul 1, 2012
How do I enable emoji in other apps? Once I flashed cm10.1 I lost it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
How do I enable emoji in other apps? Once I flashed cm10.1 I lost it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

you can enable native keyboard emoji, which should enable them in all apps that use keyboard.. search there's a how to thread in the nexus 4 genral forum

pinopan

Jan 22, 2013
Well if you want to replace them, yes it works just rename them to the same name. But if you want to add more like CM, then there's more to it like you said

Sent from my Nexus 4

Yes, do you perhaps have a link to a manual?

you can enable native keyboard emoji, which should enable them in all apps that use keyboard.. search there's a how to thread in the nexus 4 genral forum

The native keyboard contains the standard *green* emoticons by Android ... not the WhatsApp-Emojis. Correct me if i am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.