• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

REQ: Blackview BV9900 Pro Root/Recovery

Search This thread

mentalis

Nov 13, 2012
found this and it gets magisk working on my bv9900 pro, sadly no luck with twrp yet
GwJjS.png
GwJll.png
i cant share links yet so ill just use a qrcode to the mega link wit the images

crocobc

Aug 17, 2017
HI there,

Thank you for mega files.

But when flashing boot.img for BV9900pro, it i have bootloop.
If i patch my original boot.img (android 10 version) it seems to output the exact same file that the one in mega archive file...and it's bootloop also with this one.

Why do you have other img files in the archive (recovery and vbdata) ?
Do i have to flash somehting with it to make it work ?

EDIT: Ok flash the 2 other files working great sorry :)

Regards

Last edited:

n3kr0s1s

Jun 8, 2009
Thank you, but i was wondering what software was used to flash the 3 files?
boot.img
recovery.img
vbmeta.img

Or was it simply adb commands? Thanx for the help.

crocobc

Aug 17, 2017
Thank you, but i was wondering what software was used to flash the 3 files?
boot.img
recovery.img
vbmeta.img

Or was it simply adb commands? Thanx for the help.

Complete steps:

- allow "developper options" => activate "oem unlock" => activate "debugging usb"

- go to fastboot mode (via adb command or volume up + power at boot then "fastboot mode"

- unlock bootloader (fastboot flashing unlock) => reboot (it will wipe all data)

- go to fastboot mode again then flash all 3 files
flash boot boot.img
flash revovery recovery.img
flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
reboot

DONE :D

n3kr0s1s

Jun 8, 2009
Sweet. What do u recommend for back up procedure prior to flashing? I would like to have originals of those 3 files just to be safe :)

mentalis

Nov 13, 2012
So i just got TWRP sort of working i asume i gotta format data to make it usable but i havent had the motivation to do that yet
GBVoK.png

Same as before this time with the recovery
GBViC.png

So i just got TWRP sort of working i asume i gotta format data to make it usable but i havent had the motivation to do that yet

Same as before this time with the recovery
So did you use something special?
fastboot mode or flasher..
Whenever I tried and whatever I tried I got bootloop on android 9 (pie).
Is this a new build of TWRP?
I tried all TWRPs on net and I always get bootloop.
Can you explain a little more about the way you did it?
I have root with magisk 20.4 by flashing boot.img.

Thank you.

Last edited:

mentalis

Nov 13, 2012
I made the image with some tool I found
I used linux to flash it as windows didnt want to detect my phone in fastboot mode
First I flashed the vbmeta (fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img)
Then I flashed the recovery (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img)
I'm running android 10 but the recovery is a patched version of the one included with the original android 9 firmware so it should work
And it's twrp 3.4 which should be the newest

Reactions: a_petrov303

pbsavages

Oct 22, 2012
Pretty cool. Any progress on this? Have you tried flashing SuperSU? I've been rooted with magisk but can't wait for system root. I was waiting for someone to have a working twrp recovery before I attempted it.

I used linux to flash it as windows didnt want to detect my phone in fastboot mode
I'm running android 10 but the recovery is a patched version of the one included with the original android 9 firmware so it should work

Pretty cool. Any progress on this? Have you tried flashing SuperSU? I've been rooted with magisk but can't wait for system root. I was waiting for someone to have a working twrp recovery before I attempted it.
Based on stock ROM.
You can't use system root in new Android era ... systemless or you'll face bootloops..
Any changes in system will lead in bootloops.
Why do you wanna use outdated SuperSU???
That's nonsense ... use Magisk.
Anyway, did someone try backup/restore in TWRP? Is it working or not?
Another question I have...
Is bv9900 PRO A only or A/B Treble device... I would like to test GSI LOS 17.1 image. (in LOS you can use PHH SuperSU :laugh: )

Last edited:

pbsavages

Oct 22, 2012
I haven't rooted since the S7 which was SuperSU through twrp.. isn't there a way to access system root on android 9 without it boot looping? Any way to bypass safety net? How does custom recovery not affect system?

Based on stock ROM.
You can't use system root in new Android era ... systemless or you'll face bootloops..
Any changes in system will lead in bootloops.
Why do you wanna use outdated SuperSU???
That's nonsense ... use Magisk.
Anyway, did someone try backup/restore in TWRP? Is it working or not?
Another question I have...
Is bv9900 PRO A only or A/B Treble device... I would like to test GSI LOS 17.1 image. (in LOS you can use PHH SuperSU :laugh: )

mentalis

Nov 13, 2012
got twrp running but not much else
encryption and the inability to read sd and otg makes using it pretty hard to flash zip files
i asume it has to do with the makeshift port

I haven't rooted since the S7 which was SuperSU through twrp.. isn't there a way to access system root on android 9 without it boot looping? Any way to bypass safety net? How does custom recovery not affect system?
Recovery doesn't touch system (different partitions) unless your flashing new ROM. Bypass safety net you have in magisk hide option.. go find on xda thread where they talk about bypassing safety net. It's a huge thread also you can use microg... just search bypass safety net magisk.

got twrp running but not much else
encryption and the inability to read sd and otg makes using it pretty hard to flash zip files
i asume it has to do with the makeshift port
Well than this twrp isn't fully functional.. more or less useless, sad.. don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for your hard work and testing new stuff... I know it's hard.. at least we have twrp :highfive:
without sd/mtd access its impossible to create backup or even flashing new ROM. You need to wipe internal storage and data (maybe even format).
Thank you for your effort, but I'll wait until sd or mtd is gonna work.
I'll be happy any new news about twrp.

Good luck and stay safe.

P.s. mybe adb is working under TWRP? Kmm, than we can use adb push bla bla yada yada and than flash it from internal storage

Last edited:

mentalis

Nov 13, 2012
kinda killed my phone while trying to flash magisk 21
it bootlooped till the battery died and i cant even enter fastboot
so i cant really try adb

kinda killed my phone while trying to flash magisk 21
it bootlooped till the battery died and i cant even enter fastboot
so i cant really try adb
Why magisk 21, If the version 20.4 is working normally??? :confused: v21 is canarry aka android 11 (testing version)

When its in bootloop you need right timing to press combo keys to enter into fastboot. Just when it reboots you need to press keys.
Hope you still can charge the battery (it should if the kernel is still alive).
You can't use adb if system is not working.. you need to use fastboot or mtk flasher to flash ROM.

Good luck and stay safe!

Last edited:

mentalis

Nov 13, 2012
i got it working again with spflashtool (as it uses a com port instead of fastboot)
i was mostly trying to use 21 as 20.4 kept getting detected even when i used magisk hide and prop hide
kinda need it to not be detected as i noticed my banking app stopped working with it and recent changes force me to use the app to authorize transactions
for now il keep it unrooted til magisk has a update or something

n16ht5

Oct 30, 2012
I cannot get my Windows PC to recoginize my BV9900 Pro in Fastboot mode. Also, I can only find a boot-magisk-blackview-bv9900.img and a recovery-twrp-3.3.1-0-blackview-bv9900.img files. Is there a link or somewhere I can go to root mydevice? Can I remove all google software once rooted like the old rooting allowed? I want to de-google

mentalis

Nov 13, 2012
I cannot get my Windows PC to recoginize my BV9900 Pro in Fastboot mode. Also, I can only find a boot-magisk-blackview-bv9900.img and a recovery-twrp-3.3.1-0-blackview-bv9900.img files. Is there a link or somewhere I can go to root mydevice? Can I remove all google software once rooted like the old rooting allowed? I want to de-google

had the same problem i took the roundabout way and made a linux live usb as that always seems to work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Firmware stock bv 9900 pro (Eu/Non Eu) and boot root magisk.img

https://mega.nz/folder/OgkS3LKS#dfYnPrNfzRDh-xcTWGXhyA
    Hello, Here are the resources concerning the Bv9900 pro,
    Enjoy the sequel!
    Ps: flash the integrality of one if it doesn't work, flash the integrality of the other. (The Sp flash tool can be very useful for these files.
    Re Good continuation!
    Firmware stock bv 9900 pro (Eu/Non Eu) and boot root magisk.img

https://mega.nz/folder/OgkS3LKS#dfYnPrNfzRDh-xcTWGXhyA
    Hello, Here are the resources concerning the Bv9900 pro,
    Enjoy the sequel!
    Ps: flash the integrality of one if it doesn't work, flash the integrality of the other. (The Sp flash tool can be very useful for these files.
    Re Good continuation!

THANK YOU quelqun700 for sharing this. I was finally able to root my BV9900 Pro. The downside is that I had to downgrade to Android 9, but who cares, I largely prefer a rooted Android 9 than an unrooted Android 10.
    I'm sharing the steps I followed so that they may help other users.

PREREQUIREMENTS:

1) Download the Android9 stock firmware with the patched boot image, as shared a few posts ago by good user quelqun700 (https://mega.nz/folder/OgkS3LKS#dfYnPrNfzRDh-xcTWGXhyA).
    2) Install SP FLASH TOOLS (https://spflashtool.com/).
    3) Install ADB and fastboot for windows (https://androidmtk.com/download-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-tool).
    4) Install the MTK drivers for Windows (https://androidmtk.com/download-mtk-usb-all-drivers).

OPERATIONS:

0) Backup all your data as these operations will erase everything in your phone, except for the external SD card.

1) Enable Developer Options in your phone.
    1.1-To do this, go to Settings -> System -> About phone -> and then, tap 7 times over the "build number" entry.

2) Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging.
    2.1-To do this, enter the newly created "Developer Options" menu by going to Settings -> System -> Developer options.
    2.2-Then, enable "OEM unlocking" and "USB debugging". If the phone asks about accepting some RSA fingerprint, click OK.

3) Unlock the bootloader.
    3.1-To do this, from your PC, open a command prompt and type:
    -"adb reboot bootloader" and wait a few seconds
    -"fastboot flashing unlock" and press the Volume Up button on your phone to confirm the operation.
    1.png

3.2-Switch on the phone and repeat the initialization wizard.

4) Flash the patched firmware.
    4.1-To do this, open SP Flash tools on your PC, go to the "Download" tab;
    4.2-then select the "Scatter-loading file" that you can find in the file shared by user quelqun700;
    4.3-then, click on the row containing the boot image and select the patched boot image, which is also contained in the file shared by user quelqun700;
    4.4-then select "Firmware upgrade" from the drop-down menu.
    CAUTION!!! Never, never chose the option "Format all + download", as this will erase the contents of the NVRAM which contains useful data such as your IMEI. If you do so, you will get in big troubles, which can be hardly fixed.
    4.5-Then, click the "Download" button with the green arrow, and SP flash tool will wait for the phone to reboot.
    4.6-then, reboot the phone and wait for the flashing to complete.
    2.png

5) Install Magisk manager
    5.1-To do this, install the Magisk Manager app on your phone and follow the instructions.

Voilà, your phone is now rooted ^ÿ^

In case some day you'll want to un-root and restore your phone to factory status, you basically have to download the original Android10 stock firmware that you can find on the internet, and repeat the flashing process.
    Hi, finally managed to share my rooted boot and custom recovery images. Both have been successfully flashed into my BV9900 and worked fine. Maybe this can be useful to someone.
    Recovery image with Twrp:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=313541
    Boot image patched with Magisk (also you need to install MagiskManager app to manage root access in the system):
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=313543
    So Im confused. Did this method work for you in the BV9900 Pro or not?

The magisk root method works with the patched boot.img, though it is a systemless root only. I couldn't get a custom recovery to work yet but haven't look at it in a couple weeks. I was waiting for more people to get this device for it to gain momentum.