• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

REQ: Blackview BV9900 Pro Root/Recovery

Search This thread
I cannot get my Windows PC to recoginize my BV9900 Pro in Fastboot mode. Also, I can only find a boot-magisk-blackview-bv9900.img and a recovery-twrp-3.3.1-0-blackview-bv9900.img files. Is there a link or somewhere I can go to root mydevice? Can I remove all google software once rooted like the old rooting allowed? I want to de-google
Lool win10 [email protected] ...use win7 or use USB hub on win10 $hit.. for win 10 you have also reg patch on XDA forum... enjoy your win10 spyware :laugh:
Good luck and stay safe.

P.s. use latest adb/fastboot version.

Reactions: mprudic0404

zioanza

Dec 5, 2020
Como
zioanza.com
Firmware stock bv 9900 pro (Eu/Non Eu) and boot root magisk.img

https://mega.nz/folder/OgkS3LKS#dfYnPrNfzRDh-xcTWGXhyA
Hello, Here are the resources concerning the Bv9900 pro,
Enjoy the sequel!
Ps: flash the integrality of one if it doesn't work, flash the integrality of the other. (The Sp flash tool can be very useful for these files.
Re Good continuation!

THANK YOU quelqun700 for sharing this. I was finally able to root my BV9900 Pro. The downside is that I had to downgrade to Android 9, but who cares, I largely prefer a rooted Android 9 than an unrooted Android 10.
I'm sharing the steps I followed so that they may help other users.

PREREQUIREMENTS:

1) Download the Android9 stock firmware with the patched boot image, as shared a few posts ago by good user quelqun700 (https://mega.nz/folder/OgkS3LKS#dfYnPrNfzRDh-xcTWGXhyA).
2) Install SP FLASH TOOLS (https://spflashtool.com/).
3) Install ADB and fastboot for windows (https://androidmtk.com/download-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-tool).
4) Install the MTK drivers for Windows (https://androidmtk.com/download-mtk-usb-all-drivers).

OPERATIONS:

0) Backup all your data as these operations will erase everything in your phone, except for the external SD card.

1) Enable Developer Options in your phone.
1.1-To do this, go to Settings -> System -> About phone -> and then, tap 7 times over the "build number" entry.

2) Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging.
2.1-To do this, enter the newly created "Developer Options" menu by going to Settings -> System -> Developer options.
2.2-Then, enable "OEM unlocking" and "USB debugging". If the phone asks about accepting some RSA fingerprint, click OK.

3) Unlock the bootloader.
3.1-To do this, from your PC, open a command prompt and type:
-"adb reboot bootloader" and wait a few seconds
-"fastboot flashing unlock" and press the Volume Up button on your phone to confirm the operation.
1.png

3.2-Switch on the phone and repeat the initialization wizard.

4) Flash the patched firmware.
4.1-To do this, open SP Flash tools on your PC, go to the "Download" tab;
4.2-then select the "Scatter-loading file" that you can find in the file shared by user quelqun700;
4.3-then, click on the row containing the boot image and select the patched boot image, which is also contained in the file shared by user quelqun700;
4.4-then select "Firmware upgrade" from the drop-down menu.
CAUTION!!! Never, never chose the option "Format all + download", as this will erase the contents of the NVRAM which contains useful data such as your IMEI. If you do so, you will get in big troubles, which can be hardly fixed.
4.5-Then, click the "Download" button with the green arrow, and SP flash tool will wait for the phone to reboot.
4.6-then, reboot the phone and wait for the flashing to complete.
2.png

5) Install Magisk manager
5.1-To do this, install the Magisk Manager app on your phone and follow the instructions.

Voilà, your phone is now rooted ^ÿ^

In case some day you'll want to un-root and restore your phone to factory status, you basically have to download the original Android10 stock firmware that you can find on the internet, and repeat the flashing process.

Last edited:

kuni0169

Oct 13, 2017
Lak
I have installed firmware : BV9900Pro_S900AA_V1.0_20200609V03_user_20200618.tar , and
i don't know what the red text is up there right - how to disappear?
Screenshot_20201225-181028.png

zioanza

Dec 5, 2020
Como
zioanza.com
I have installed firmware : BV9900Pro_S900AA_V1.0_20200609V03_user_20200618.tar , and
i don't know what the red text is up there right - how to disappear?
Ah yes, it's typical. Don't worry, just google search for "tee key google key", you'll solve it in 2 minutes.
In short:
-open a command prompt
-type "adb shell"
-type "pm uninstall --user 0 com.mediatek.factorymode"
-reboot the phone, the chinese watermarks will disappear.

Last edited:

Alexaav23

Jan 13, 2021
Hello friends I have a problem, when I update my blackview bv9900 pro the application myflir or to the thermal camera stopped working if someone has the solution please post it in a comment

Last edited:

missionman

Sep 18, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Issues

Hey,
Have the BV9900 using Verizon. Since the 1st day using the phone I'm unable to receive calls from iPhones. Went to Verizon to see if they had a setting I missed. Nope. Had them dial my number from their iPhones and they all failed to connect. I can call out to iPhones. Contacted BV and was told to save an file and send it to them, which I did and the reply was no problem found.
They just pushed out an update, which after downloaded I now have an issue making ANY calls out. Sometimes it will connect for a few seconds and then fail. The only way to make a call now is be disabling the LTE Enhanced setting under Network. The side effect of doing that is nothing else works. No texts, news, anything!
I now see that someone else is also having the same issue.

This BV9900 replaced a BV9500 (the brick) and has zero issues with that phone. Yes its a different version of andriod, but still was able to receive and place any calls to anyone. I took the SIM out of the 9900 and put it in the 9500 and everything worked.

Not sure what to do as BV does not have an answer or appear to even care.
Thanks

The ONLY cellular providers the BV9900 Pro doesnt support fully is Verizon (it does support 2 out of 5 bands on verizon) and Sprint. It states this numerous times all over the internet and through Blackviews website. Still its a great phone!

gromain

Jun 26, 2010
Hey everyone,

I rooted my BV9900 Pro with Magisk a while back, and I have two (unrelated) issues. I'm running android 10.

First one is that it seems that some apps are not waking up, like Telegram for example, so I have no notifications for received messages... Does anyone have the same problem? Is there a solution?

Second one is how do I update? There is an available wireless update that I would like to apply, but I'm pretty sure doing it directly will just send my phone in a bootloop! Any advice on how to do it?

vitormvieira

Apr 8, 2021
Hello, everyone!

I've installed it successfully (not sure exactly how), but then and with TWRP, I've tried to install GApps because I've read it elsewhere. The result, I have got a bricked unit. Recovery is gone, fastmode doesn't work (PC doesn't recognize it and normal boot too. Any ideas, please?

dhchris

Hello, everyone!

I've installed it successfully (not sure exactly how), but then and with TWRP, I've tried to install GApps because I've read it elsewhere. The result, I have got a bricked unit. Recovery is gone, fastmode doesn't work (PC doesn't recognize it and normal boot too. Any ideas, please?
Try to reflash stock rom by SPFlasher.
If flashing/downloading won´t work try start the flash-procedure /set the phone in Flashmode.
Press the Vol+ and Vol- buttons at the same time as the start-up process and release them when the procedure begins.

Reactions: vitormvieira

vitormvieira

Apr 8, 2021
Try to reflash stock rom by SPFlasher.
If flashing/downloading won´t work try start the flash-procedure /set the phone in Flashmode.
Press the Vol+ and Vol- buttons at the same time as the start-up process and release them when the procedure begins.
Hey man! It worked like a charm. The detail of pushing Vol+ Vol- and Power was decisive.

Thank you so much!

Reactions: dhchris

tekzer0

Jan 17, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hey man! It worked like a charm. The detail of pushing Vol+ Vol- and Power was decisive.

Thank you so much!
I was trying to use Lucky Patcher due to Magisk and manager just disappearing from my phone and LP had permanent root. Reinstalled MM and couldnt pass safetynet. while figuring out that issue, I ended up patching the sysimage with a custom patch and now im boot looping to the orange state screen. SP Flasher sticks at DA 100% and just stays until it errors out. Sometimes depending on the button the phone will appear to stay off or itll bootloop. Feel like I may not recover unless theres a button combo+timing that I am not privvy to despite having done this a few times before (just never had zero results). Anyone?

gromain

Jun 26, 2010
Hi everyone,
Thanks to do1fmd, I managed to solve the notifications issue I had. Thread is here:

Gist of it is search for an app in the settings named "duraspeed" and either whitelist the app you want to receive notifications for, or just deactivate completely the "service" there.

I'm still looking for a solution regarding the update. If anyone has an insight, I'm open!

Reactions: tekzer0
picked up a 2 BV9900 pro's for a good deal ( factory sale, new for 330.00 ) and considering the price,. it seemed like a good deal.
these devices are fairly nice, and the thermal cam is a good tool when needed. right out of the box they have android 10 ( updated builds ) but still have a few bugs. trying to ask for help on the blackview forums is terrible, as its a long time before you can even post a question, let alone get answers..
- anyone have luck getting WIFI direct to work?
- even whitelisting apps or even turning off DURASPEED , still doesn't fix apps from running correctly, as a simple RADAR WALLPAPER fails to start when device reboots. (i also exempted apps from the task killer)
-blackview forums , report this as a treble A/B device. (can not confirm if this is true)
- blackview has built in a IMEI changer option, but so far i cant not find the SIM1 SLOT version. (you can change SIM2 SLOT all day long)- anyone know what the code for slot 1SIM is? (slot2SIM - *#*#8688#*#* )
-
Has anyone tried MAGISK 23 yet ? (patch boot image, then flash all files over ADB)
- Verizon is listed as NOT working, but after correcting APN settings, i now have 3 of 5 bands working. (2 of these are non-working bands are being phased out anyways ) plus, this device has very good cell reception, actually better than true Verizon phones. (tested single channel -db strength/ 3/5 working bands )
-FLIR offers a SDK development package, ( must register for free ) so if anyone is inclined, its a way to port the thermal imaging into another ROM or BUILD
-PS: to dissemble these BV9900 pro's, you need to warm up the rubber back and then slowly peel it off. ( there a few screws under this that keep it together )
- does anyone have the NIGHT PICTURE APK? ( blackview will send this, but its a lengthy communication to get it )
-almost forgot, i think the FASTCHARGE (turbo charge) QCS is BROKE on android 10. no matter what charger i have tried, it NEVER goes above 5VOLTS. (tested on way too many chargers to list) (also tried multiple cables with no joy) it does charge at up to 2 amps @ 5 volts, but this is only 10 watts. (not the 18 listed on the box)
-anyone know how to adjust the screen brightness in engineering mode? (i can not even get this mode to work) the screen brightness seems limited to me ( i don't think it ever gets to 255 on high )
-cheers to blackview, as there is almost no bloat on this device.

Last edited:

tekzer0

Jan 17, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
picked up a 2 BV9900 pro's for a good deal ( factory sale, new for 330.00 ) and considering the price,. it seemed like a good deal.
these devices are fairly nice, and the thermal cam is a good tool when needed. right out of the box they have android 10 ( updated builds ) but still have a few bugs. trying to ask for help on the blackview forums is terrible, as its a long time before you can even post a question, let alone get answers..
- anyone have luck getting WIFI direct to work?
- even whitelisting apps or even turning off DURASPEED , still doesn't fix apps from running correctly, as a simple RADAR WALLPAPER fails to start when device reboots. (i also exempted apps from the task killer)
-blackview forums , report this as a treble A/B device. (can not confirm if this is true)
- blackview has built in a IMEI changer option, but so far i cant not find the SIM1 SLOT version. (you can change SIM2 SLOT all day long)- anyone know what the code for slot 1SIM is? (slot2SIM - *#*#8688#*#* )
-
Has anyone tried MAGISK 23 yet ? (patch boot image, then flash all files over ADB)
- Verizon is listed as NOT working, but after correcting APN settings, i now have 3 of 5 bands working. (2 of these are non-working bands are being phased out anyways ) plus, this device has very good cell reception, actually better than true Verizon phones. (tested single channel -db strength/ 3/5 working bands )
-FLIR offers a SDK development package, ( must register for free ) so if anyone is inclined, its a way to port the thermal imaging into another ROM or BUILD
-PS: to dissemble these BV9900 pro's, you need to warm up the rubber back and then slowly peel it off. ( there a few screws under this that keep it together )
- does anyone have the NIGHT PICTURE APK? ( blackview will send this, but its a lengthy communication to get it )
-almost forgot, i think the FASTCHARGE (turbo charge) QCS is BROKE on android 10. no matter what charger i have tried, it NEVER goes above 5VOLTS. (tested on way too many chargers to list) (also tried multiple cables with no joy) it does charge at up to 2 amps @ 5 volts, but this is only 10 watts. (not the 18 listed on the box)
-anyone know how to adjust the screen brightness in engineering mode? (i can not even get this mode to work) the screen brightness seems limited to me ( i don't think it ever gets to 255 on high )
-cheers to blackview, as there is almost no bloat on this device.
I've had none of those issues with mine and however mine is just brick because I didn't know the systemless root rules and edited a system file and I get boot loop no matter what I do even with all the options stated before my post.. but blackview said they would fix it free despite having it 6mos and rooting it. Well they didnt say free but didnt say a number either. Just gave an address & said send it. Yeah I must say it has zero of the problems that you mentioned that I know of...so idk. You buy it from Blackview Official?

do1fmd

Mar 26, 2008
I had the same problems with my BV9900 Pro.
You can fix the non-starting widgets, if you have your phone rooted.
I wrote instructions on Github (see also bugfixes.md): https://github.com/do1fmd/BV9900Pro-optimization/

If you don't want to use the Magisk feature mentioned there, you can try to edit build.prop directly.
ro.freeme_freemanager and ro.hct_autostart_manager must be set to 0.

Reactions: kuni0169
I wrote instructions on Github (see also bugfixes.md): https://github.com/do1fmd/BV9900Pro-optimization/

If you don't want to use the Magisk feature mentioned there, you can try to edit build.prop directly.
Thank you for making this link and information.

may i ask , has anyone in here had success in the TWRP port ?
(mentalis) - created one using a PORT TOOL.
i haven't tried this TWRP yet, but it sounds like a few flags aren't correct .

note: you can install MYFLIR 3.0.43 (59meg) with no issues. ( this is a updated version of the stock thermal app. not sure if its any better, but i seems to react faster than stock one? ) <stock MYFLIR is 3.0.25>

strange info for all BV9900 pro users.. - i use a 1TB MICRO SD card in my phone, and haven't tried any other sizes yet, but this alone is quite strange.. when moving data ( i use MiX explorer silver ) it SCREAMS speed. example is from internal storage to external storage. anyone else notice how fast this device is at moving data? (moving mp4 files is faster than this pic)

Attachments

• bv9900pro.jpg
    bv9900pro.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 26

thank you, I edited the build.prop directly. no issues.

the latest build of android 10 on these devices, has so many bugs that i wish i knew how to pull the rom, fix it, then share it.
- settings change after a reboot (things turned on , are off after reboot)
-camera wont record video
-OTG fails after a certain time passes (no matter if your coping files)
-OTG fails on ANY app except the stock GOOGLE FILES??
-MTP does not work at all...
-there is no FAST CHARGE . (confirmed with USB meters and TONS of high quality chargers/cables) <note:never goes above 5volts>
-WIFI dirrect does not work.
-Bluetooth file transfer drops after a timeout (duraspeed off and tasker excluded)
- HDMI over usb-c does not work, but should as its built into the mediatek processor
-MY FLIR works, but is not updatable. (the APP has been be updated 2 times but not the BLACKVIEW version??)
-more to list, but this is just stuff off the top of my head.

does anyone in here have a link to the LAST ANDROID 9 ROM ? (seems like there were 4 versions of android 9??? <looking for the USA version?> )

i ask, because- i miss the FAST CHARGE (higher than 5 volts), and android 9 seems to have most of the bugs fixed,

---has anyone here tried a generic LINEAGE rom on these ??
https://www.getdroidtips.com/lineage-os-17-1-blackview-bv9900-pro-android-10/

Reactions: a_petrov303

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Enjoy the sequel!
    Ps: flash the integrality of one if it doesn't work, flash the integrality of the other. (The Sp flash tool can be very useful for these files.
    Re Good continuation!

Enjoy the sequel!
    Re Good continuation!

THANK YOU quelqun700 for sharing this. I was finally able to root my BV9900 Pro. The downside is that I had to downgrade to Android 9, but who cares, I largely prefer a rooted Android 9 than an unrooted Android 10.
    I'm sharing the steps I followed so that they may help other users.

PREREQUIREMENTS:

1) Download the Android9 stock firmware with the patched boot image, as shared a few posts ago by good user quelqun700 (https://mega.nz/folder/OgkS3LKS#dfYnPrNfzRDh-xcTWGXhyA).
    2) Install SP FLASH TOOLS (https://spflashtool.com/).
    3) Install ADB and fastboot for windows (https://androidmtk.com/download-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-tool).
    4) Install the MTK drivers for Windows (https://androidmtk.com/download-mtk-usb-all-drivers).

OPERATIONS:

0) Backup all your data as these operations will erase everything in your phone, except for the external SD card.

1) Enable Developer Options in your phone.
    1.1-To do this, go to Settings -> System -> About phone -> and then, tap 7 times over the "build number" entry.

2) Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging.
    2.1-To do this, enter the newly created "Developer Options" menu by going to Settings -> System -> Developer options.
    2.2-Then, enable "OEM unlocking" and "USB debugging". If the phone asks about accepting some RSA fingerprint, click OK.

3) Unlock the bootloader.
    3.1-To do this, from your PC, open a command prompt and type:
    -"adb reboot bootloader" and wait a few seconds
    -"fastboot flashing unlock" and press the Volume Up button on your phone to confirm the operation.
    1.png

3.2-Switch on the phone and repeat the initialization wizard.

4) Flash the patched firmware.
    4.1-To do this, open SP Flash tools on your PC, go to the "Download" tab;
    4.2-then select the "Scatter-loading file" that you can find in the file shared by user quelqun700;
    4.3-then, click on the row containing the boot image and select the patched boot image, which is also contained in the file shared by user quelqun700;
    4.4-then select "Firmware upgrade" from the drop-down menu.
    CAUTION!!! Never, never chose the option "Format all + download", as this will erase the contents of the NVRAM which contains useful data such as your IMEI. If you do so, you will get in big troubles, which can be hardly fixed.
    4.5-Then, click the "Download" button with the green arrow, and SP flash tool will wait for the phone to reboot.
    4.6-then, reboot the phone and wait for the flashing to complete.
    2.png

5) Install Magisk manager
    5.1-To do this, install the Magisk Manager app on your phone and follow the instructions.

Voilà, your phone is now rooted ^ÿ^

In case some day you'll want to un-root and restore your phone to factory status, you basically have to download the original Android10 stock firmware that you can find on the internet, and repeat the flashing process.
    Hi, finally managed to share my rooted boot and custom recovery images. Both have been successfully flashed into my BV9900 and worked fine. Maybe this can be useful to someone.
    Recovery image with Twrp:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=313541
    Boot image patched with Magisk (also you need to install MagiskManager app to manage root access in the system):
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=313543
    So Im confused. Did this method work for you in the BV9900 Pro or not?

The magisk root method works with the patched boot.img, though it is a systemless root only. I couldn't get a custom recovery to work yet but haven't look at it in a couple weeks. I was waiting for more people to get this device for it to gain momentum.
    I made the image with some tool I found
    I used linux to flash it as windows didnt want to detect my phone in fastboot mode
    First I flashed the vbmeta (fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img)
    Then I flashed the recovery (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img)
    I'm running android 10 but the recovery is a patched version of the one included with the original android 9 firmware so it should work
    And it's twrp 3.4 which should be the newest