• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

REQ: Blackview BV9900 Pro Root/Recovery

Search This thread

DaedalusWren

Oct 17, 2009
Ontario
This has got to be one of the most difficult phones I have ever had to find definitive answers to rooting. I have rooted a few phones in the past. Even the almost impossible LG-G4 Canadian version. TWRP and Magisk have been instrumental, but for this phone, I am finding bits and pieces, most dealing with the non-pro Android 9 version of the phone. If there is anyone that can give me a rundown of accomplishing this on Android 10, I would be very appreciative. My current firmware is (BV9900Pro_S900AA_V1.0_20201116V03_20201116-1727) Non-EU version.

I have checked TWRP and the Blackview is not even listed, magisk shows (Ramdisk - YES, A/B - NO, SAR - YES)

Thanks.

mentalis

Nov 13, 2012
i first tried rooted it a few weeks after i got it, got root working for the most part and ever almost got a recovery working but anything that wasnt the official rom pretty much didnt work right for me.
even the android 10 update had its fair share of problems and i was pretty much forced to downgrade to stock 9 as important stuff i used for work back then just didnt work, while i like the phone itself the lack of support and the censorship on the official blackview forums have left behind a pretty sour taste of the blackview brand.
half a year after launch android 10 was supposed to come out yet they never went past the preview build phase as far as i know.
its kinda sad as its one of the bigger chinese brands and i have seen it a few times with others which made me think it would try harder to push updates and fix problems as it was supposed to be a flagship phone, but instead it quietly got pushed aside after its initial release.

this may be a bit offtopic but im just wanting to share how i experienced the bv9900 pro

i Agree, the BLACKVIEW forums are just awful.
i took a break from my blackview playing, as it really frustrated me,- not record video- on a FACTORY ROM.
(fun fact, - i have 3 of these, and ALL 3 can not record video)
these were all bought from blackview direct for a heck-of-a-deal.

we will all look back someday, and wonder what was a blackview.. (companies that ignore there core dont last) but for this moment, i just wanted a mid grade phone to replace my note4 .

- there was a DEV on there forums that was more helpful than the companys own staff, and i wonder how we can ask for his help? (he had answers , indicating he had been involved in firmware development)

do1fmd

Mar 26, 2008
i Agree, the BLACKVIEW forums are just awful.
i took a break from my blackview playing, as it really frustrated me,- not record video- on a FACTORY ROM.
(fun fact, - i have 3 of these, and ALL 3 can not record video)
these were all bought from blackview direct for a heck-of-a-deal.
What is your problem with video recordings?
I have Android 10 and I can record videos without any problem by stock camera app and also by OpenCamera from F-Droid.

gromain

Jun 26, 2010
Hi @do1fmd ,

I was having a look at your guide, and really it's super good! Thanks a lot for all the details!

Do you know if it's possible to do a manual update with spflashtool without flashing the partition userdata (and subsequently loosing said data)?

I just did a full backup, so I'm thinking that I might as well try it. But still, I'm curious if you have tried this before.

do1fmd

Mar 26, 2008
I haven't tried that before, but I guess it will work.
Please be aware: You have to modify the scatter file, if you want to backup your current userdata partition.
I added this in the guide recently.

gromain

Jun 26, 2010
Thanks for your reply. I'll try it and report then.

I did the modification of the scatter file, so I'm confident the backup was complete, userdata image is 111GB big!

gromain

Jun 26, 2010
And I'm happy to report it worked perfectly.

My phone was already rooted, so I flashed at the same time the update files and the patched boot.img created by Magisk and the specific vbmeta file. Userdata partition was not flashed as well as the preloader partition.

RamHa

Any news about official rom update? About bug fixing on Android 10? Btw, MEGA links doesnt working, so pls, post it again files( patched rom, boot, magisk etc) with instruction bcz it is quite confusing how to and with which files and rom to root BV9900PRO. Patched Android 10 or 9 or both? Also, anyone manage to achieve true Fast charge on this device and how? So, if anyone can uploaded it ALL files at ONE folder or give me links with files and instructions, i'll'd be very greatful. Namaste friends!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Firmware stock bv 9900 pro (Eu/Non Eu) and boot root magisk.img

https://mega.nz/folder/OgkS3LKS#dfYnPrNfzRDh-xcTWGXhyA
    Hello, Here are the resources concerning the Bv9900 pro,
    Enjoy the sequel!
    Ps: flash the integrality of one if it doesn't work, flash the integrality of the other. (The Sp flash tool can be very useful for these files.
    Re Good continuation!
    Firmware stock bv 9900 pro (Eu/Non Eu) and boot root magisk.img

https://mega.nz/folder/OgkS3LKS#dfYnPrNfzRDh-xcTWGXhyA
    Hello, Here are the resources concerning the Bv9900 pro,
    Enjoy the sequel!
    Ps: flash the integrality of one if it doesn't work, flash the integrality of the other. (The Sp flash tool can be very useful for these files.
    Re Good continuation!

THANK YOU quelqun700 for sharing this. I was finally able to root my BV9900 Pro. The downside is that I had to downgrade to Android 9, but who cares, I largely prefer a rooted Android 9 than an unrooted Android 10.
    I'm sharing the steps I followed so that they may help other users.

PREREQUIREMENTS:

1) Download the Android9 stock firmware with the patched boot image, as shared a few posts ago by good user quelqun700 (https://mega.nz/folder/OgkS3LKS#dfYnPrNfzRDh-xcTWGXhyA).
    2) Install SP FLASH TOOLS (https://spflashtool.com/).
    3) Install ADB and fastboot for windows (https://androidmtk.com/download-minimal-adb-and-fastboot-tool).
    4) Install the MTK drivers for Windows (https://androidmtk.com/download-mtk-usb-all-drivers).

OPERATIONS:

0) Backup all your data as these operations will erase everything in your phone, except for the external SD card.

1) Enable Developer Options in your phone.
    1.1-To do this, go to Settings -> System -> About phone -> and then, tap 7 times over the "build number" entry.

2) Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging.
    2.1-To do this, enter the newly created "Developer Options" menu by going to Settings -> System -> Developer options.
    2.2-Then, enable "OEM unlocking" and "USB debugging". If the phone asks about accepting some RSA fingerprint, click OK.

3) Unlock the bootloader.
    3.1-To do this, from your PC, open a command prompt and type:
    -"adb reboot bootloader" and wait a few seconds
    -"fastboot flashing unlock" and press the Volume Up button on your phone to confirm the operation.
    1.png

3.2-Switch on the phone and repeat the initialization wizard.

4) Flash the patched firmware.
    4.1-To do this, open SP Flash tools on your PC, go to the "Download" tab;
    4.2-then select the "Scatter-loading file" that you can find in the file shared by user quelqun700;
    4.3-then, click on the row containing the boot image and select the patched boot image, which is also contained in the file shared by user quelqun700;
    4.4-then select "Firmware upgrade" from the drop-down menu.
    CAUTION!!! Never, never chose the option "Format all + download", as this will erase the contents of the NVRAM which contains useful data such as your IMEI. If you do so, you will get in big troubles, which can be hardly fixed.
    4.5-Then, click the "Download" button with the green arrow, and SP flash tool will wait for the phone to reboot.
    4.6-then, reboot the phone and wait for the flashing to complete.
    2.png

5) Install Magisk manager
    5.1-To do this, install the Magisk Manager app on your phone and follow the instructions.

Voilà, your phone is now rooted ^ÿ^

In case some day you'll want to un-root and restore your phone to factory status, you basically have to download the original Android10 stock firmware that you can find on the internet, and repeat the flashing process.
    Hi, finally managed to share my rooted boot and custom recovery images. Both have been successfully flashed into my BV9900 and worked fine. Maybe this can be useful to someone.
    Recovery image with Twrp:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=313541
    Boot image patched with Magisk (also you need to install MagiskManager app to manage root access in the system):
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=313543
    So Im confused. Did this method work for you in the BV9900 Pro or not?

The magisk root method works with the patched boot.img, though it is a systemless root only. I couldn't get a custom recovery to work yet but haven't look at it in a couple weeks. I was waiting for more people to get this device for it to gain momentum.
    I made the image with some tool I found
    I used linux to flash it as windows didnt want to detect my phone in fastboot mode
    First I flashed the vbmeta (fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img)
    Then I flashed the recovery (fastboot flash recovery recovery.img)
    I'm running android 10 but the recovery is a patched version of the one included with the original android 9 firmware so it should work
    And it's twrp 3.4 which should be the newest