Req: Blackview BV9900 Pro Root

Search This thread

pbsavages

Oct 22, 2012
Hey guys.. having issues rooting my BV9900 Pro. Not much on the net about this device. I gained Root access for one boot using magisk app to patch my boot image and fastboot flashing it. I used a couple Root apps and deleted a couple of system apps, magisk granted access. When I restarted, it went into a boot loop until I flashed the original boot.img. Now whenever I flash the patched boot, it tries once and goes into bootloader. I have an Orange State message on regular boot.img startup.

I tried this with a generic blank vbmeta, it went into a boot loop.

Someone with a non-pro BV9900 with the exact same chipset managed to get twrp on his. I tried flashing that. Bootloader says data transfered but whenever I go into recovery, the original recovery.img loads and it boots normally with the Orange State message.

The root deleted system apps are still gone.

Any insights or tips would be greatly appreciated.

D

Deleted member 1890170

Someone with a non-pro BV9900 with the exact same chipset managed to get twrp on his. I tried flashing that. Bootloader says data transfered but whenever I go into recovery, the original recovery.img loads and it boots normally with the Orange State message.
Only a side remark:
Even if one finds a TWRP image that at 100% matches his/her device, it's not a good idea to flash it: instead boot into it
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img

Reactions: pbsavages

pbsavages

Oct 22, 2012
Only a side remark:
Even if one finds a TWRP image that at 100% matches his/her device, it's not a good idea to flash it: instead boot into it
Code:
fastboot boot twrp.img

Ah. I didn't realize magisk was systemless root. The BV9900 Pro crashes when you edit the system image. I suppose I should research more, things have changed in the last few years.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 1890170
    Only a side remark:
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img