[REQ] Mashup of Drizzy's Blur 1.5.7's /system/framework with any Hero ROM out there

Search This thread

alpha22

Aug 10, 2009
Code:
D/AndroidRuntime( 1537): >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
D/AndroidRuntime( 1537): CheckJNI is OFF
D/dalvikvm( 1537): DexOpt: incorrect opt magic number (0xff ff ff ff)
D/dalvikvm( 1537): Stale deps in cache file; removing and retrying
W/dalvikvm( 1537): Size mismatch on inflated file (927937 vs 924012)
E/dalvikvm( 1537): Unable to extract+optimize DEX from '/system/framework/services.jar'
D/dalvikvm( 1537): Failed on '/system/framework/services.jar' (boot=1)
D/dalvikvm( 1537): VM cleaning up
D/dalvikvm( 1537): LinearAlloc 0x0 used 4100 of 4194304 (0%)
W/dalvikvm( 1537): JNI_CreateJavaVM failed
E/AndroidRuntime( 1537): JNI_CreateJavaVM failed

As some of you know, I have been having this looping in my logcat after I flash a ROM properly. I tried to push services.jar and even services.odex from some ROMs, but none worked.

To make things work, I tried flashing the only recent ROM that worked for me (Blur 1.5.7), booted once, wiped data (not ext3) then flashed any other ROM (like Maxisma's 1.7). It worked, but some things kept force closing (clock, wallpapers, sometimes even launcher).

So...rather than focusing on a hardware/NAND problem I can't fix, could I request all you devs to modify your ROM with a different services.jar or framework files? Or could you teach me the basics so I can experiment for myself how I can modify your ROMs?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Docavelli

May 8, 2009
psst... right behind you
I am not a dev. But i did stay at a holiday inn last night. :D

Not sure if this is exactly what you want but you can push the framework-res.apk from drizzys 1.5.7 to most of the new heros. Push it to /system/framework.

Im using Maxismas 1.6 framework-res on drizzys 1.5.5

I hope this helps. If not, or i am way off of what you want, i appologize.

relevent81

Aug 12, 2009
So...rather than focusing on a hardware/NAND problem I can't fix............

Myabe you should. Are you 100% that your sd card isn't toast? It sounds like it could be causing the file mismatch problems you are having.

I had a brand new class 6 sd card that was causing all kinds of trouble for me just like this.

alpha22

Aug 10, 2009
So...it's not the fault of the phone's hardware, but rather the SD?

And I've managed to flash mdhero 1.7, mlign as well as kingklick's ROMs by pushing Blur 1.5.7's framework-res.apk and services.jar after flashing. I pushed the originals back after they've booted, though.

Some things like clock/launcher still force-close on me, so I'm not fully satisfied with my solution. Mlign's is terribly slow, too.

dan0zone

Mar 4, 2007
LYNN
Ok alpha22 now that you figured out your problem please move this to Q&A ....you're choking up the dev section with this ,,,,so pretty pretty please , repost in Q&A !!!

alpha22

Aug 10, 2009
Ok alpha22 now that you figured out your problem please move this to Q&A ....you're choking up the dev section with this ,,,,so pretty pretty please , repost in Q&A !!!

Nah the problem is far from solved. Everything resets after a reboot, as i just found out. And this is a legit request going out to developers to either teach me how framework works, or modify their ROMs to help me. I could PM them if you think I'm clogging up this board.

alpha22

Aug 10, 2009
Ok then put this in the q&a section!!!

I don't know how to move this. Only a mod can. And if I post this in Q&A, the devs will never get to read it.

Whatever, I'm done here. Thank you all for trying to help, especially Drizzy and Cyanogen. They're like the only devs who truly bother.

I shall convert to Apple soon enough.

Mikey, you can close this. Thanks.

palosjr

Jul 25, 2009
Houston
I don't know how to move this. Only a mod can. And if I post this in Q&A, the devs will never get to read it.

Whatever, I'm done here. Thank you all for trying to help, especially Drizzy and Cyanogen. They're like the only devs who truly bother.

I shall convert to Apple soon enough.

Mikey, you can close this. Thanks.

done here? we are trying to help you, but all people are trying to say is next time please post in the correct subforum.

now, what exactly are you trying to do. framework-res.apk? are you trying to change/add animations from blur or what?

also, between ROMs you should wipe ext or at least /system/sd/app* and /system/sd/dalv*. maybe this is causing the mismatch/FC between switching ROM's

and one last thing, asking devs to modify all their ROMs per one users request seems farfetched. while some devs will probably be more than happy to help you on a single basis, its quite hard to ask all devs to do this. shoot me a PM or hit me on gtalk- palosjr@gmail.com and i will see if i can get you up and running again, in the meantime Mikey can you move this thread over to Q&A.

lets get you back up and running again alpha.