[REQ] Minimalistic Themes

Search This thread

TheWhiteBandito

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2010
NY/CT
Looking to see if anyone else is a fan of minimalism like myself. Wondering if anyone could make status bar themes in the style of something like these:

j8f721.jpg

Source: http://chancellorr.deviantart.com/art/Eris-10-16-10-182823885

Or really anything in this gallery http://android-users.deviantart.com/gallery/ That would be awesome. These minimalistic themes are so nice.

MMBosstones86

Aug 21, 2010
There are quite a few threads here to remove icons from the status bar. Wirth a look. I usually remove all but the battery

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

TheWhiteBandito

Jun 15, 2010
NY/CT
There are quite a few threads here to remove icons from the status bar. Wirth a look. I usually remove all but the battery

Yes I am aware of those. but I'm talking about like those beautifully themes icons and status bars. they are great and wish we had some of those on the Inc!

TheWhiteBandito

Jun 15, 2010
NY/CT
Yes exactly, I just want a really clean status bar mod with icons that are beautiful. It seems for the Inc that there are really two options, either the sense status bar or the vanilla status bar. Taking a look through that gallery makes you realize the potential for other beautiful mods.

Maybe I'll have to start working on some of these themes, although I've never themed the phone before.

Solomente

Mar 17, 2009
By status bar I believe you're referring to the dock, and that's nothing more than a simple Launcher Pro setup which doesn't require any theming. Search for Ultralinx icons if you want text dock icons.

TheWhiteBandito

Jun 15, 2010
NY/CT
By status bar I believe you're referring to the dock, and that's nothing more than a simple Launcher Pro setup which doesn't require any theming. Search for Ultralinx icons if you want text dock icons.

No, I mean the status bar. With the clock/battery/notifications. I already have a simple LauncherPro setup that is minimalistic. I'm talking about theming the notification bars. I'm tired of either the sense or vanilla notification bars, that's all.

jbdan

Aug 30, 2010
Atlanta
Yea I think it's called the notification bar no? Anyways I like minimal layouts over all and especially like minimal notification bars with minimal looking icons that just tell you what you need to know.

TheWhiteBandito

Jun 15, 2010
NY/CT
Yea I think it's called the notification bar no? Anyways I like minimal layouts over all and especially like minimal notification bars with minimal looking icons that just tell you what you need to know.

Yeah I guess it was misleading when I said status bar. Definitely looking for minimal looking icons with a clean notification bar.

Sent from my HTC Incredible

TheWhiteBandito

Jun 15, 2010
NY/CT
I heard somewhere that this theme works on the incredible but I can't confirm http://www.ultralinx.blogspot.com/2010/09/minimal-matte-grey-for-cyanogenmod-600.html

That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for, but you have to pay for it and it says its CM6.0.0 compatible and also only compatible with another phone. I'm not going to pay for something that only MIGHT work on an outdated ROM. But this is definitely a step in the right direction!