• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[REQ] Need help for LB root from people with SGP621 on unlocked BL and stock kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lowtraxx

Sep 20, 2007
Augsburg
blog.toshsoft.de
I may have get giefroot working on the SGP621. But to find out if it will really work I need help from people with a SGP621 and unlocked bootloader who are already rooted on stock kernel. Please issue the following commands in the terminal emulator on the device and attach the results (kallsysm.txt and the kernel version the cat /proc/version command produces) here.

Code:
su
echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/kptr_restrict
cat /proc/kallsyms >/storage/sdcard1/kallsyms.txt
cat /proc/version

Last edited:

jaime4272

Jul 26, 2008
Earth
I just wanted to tell you what root has been found for the z3 d... At the bounty forum go there to check it out?

lowtraxx

Sep 20, 2007
Augsburg
blog.toshsoft.de
@gromoglasnik could you please contact me again, I would need you to execute
Code:
cat /proc/version
too, so I can combine those two infos.

For all others, I ask you again for the sake of all the people that have a SGP621 and want to backup their TA and root, please if you have a unlocked SGP621 supply the information requested in the opening thread, share them here or PM me with them. Thank you!

lowtraxx

Sep 20, 2007
Augsburg
blog.toshsoft.de
I got everything I need. This Thread can be closed or locked. For now it seems our kernel can not be made compatible to giefroot, but I got a method to get root and backup the TA here. It is high risk and means loosing all your data in the process, but for me it worked and I am now running CM12 and have my TA Backed up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know. I am working with the guy who did it to get root to our devices. But it involves more work and more risk than normal because the firmware of our devices is not exploitable. But I may have found a way nonetheless. I post as soon as I have an update.
    I may have get giefroot working on the SGP621. But to find out if it will really work I need help from people with a SGP621 and unlocked bootloader who are already rooted on stock kernel. Please issue the following commands in the terminal emulator on the device and attach the results (kallsysm.txt and the kernel version the cat /proc/version command produces) here.

Code:
    su
    echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/kptr_restrict
    cat /proc/kallsyms >/storage/sdcard1/kallsyms.txt
    cat /proc/version
    This is from my unlocked bootloader Z3C SGP621
    mega.co.nz/#!PZQwiDwI!6pVS23Du52wfe8gUx3UQ4M_RU6OatwEAfYV1lkdNtWk
    Linux version 3.4.0-perf-gd4d661a ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.7 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Sep 19 18:10:07 2014