[REQ] Unihertz Titan Stuck in Bootloop

Search This thread

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Okay here's where all this started https://www.facebook.com/groups/130...61465&ref=notif&notif_t=group_comment_mention

Windows and Android Drivers are always a bothersome attempt at trying to get to work properly. Always with a hiccup.

I formated a new laptop with Windows 7 64 Bit Sp1

It still acts as though I don't have a bootloader, recovery menu or chinese mediatek diagnostics menu.

Phone is just constantly looping off and on, in SP Flash Tool it'll timeout. I let the battery drain yesterday and did get a full battery and the green circle.

Me and Nomi (the developer of the rom) tried everything yesterday and he even said he hasn't seen anything like it before, but had driver issues before too.

I'd believe it's still got USB Debugging and looks to still be OEM Bootloader Unlocked as I have the text on the bootscreen.

Just trying to think of anything else I can do, as unihertz hasn't answered my email since yesterday afternoon at 2.

But this seems to be a common problem as you'll see in this reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/UnihertzTitan/comments/i33me3
Help the poor UniHurtz TitanFALL!

DragonPitbull

Mar 10, 2020
Houston
Samsung Galaxy A20
Okay here's where all this started https://www.facebook.com/groups/130...61465&ref=notif&notif_t=group_comment_mention

Windows and Android Drivers are always a bothersome attempt at trying to get to work properly. Always with a hiccup.

I formated a new laptop with Windows 7 64 Bit Sp1

It still acts as though I don't have a bootloader, recovery menu or chinese mediatek diagnostics menu.

Phone is just constantly looping off and on, in SP Flash Tool it'll timeout. I let the battery drain yesterday and did get a full battery and the green circle.

Me and Nomi (the developer of the rom) tried everything yesterday and he even said he hasn't seen anything like it before, but had driver issues before too.

I'd believe it's still got USB Debugging and looks to still be OEM Bootloader Unlocked as I have the text on the bootscreen.

Just trying to think of anything else I can do, as unihertz hasn't answered my email since yesterday afternoon at 2.

But this seems to be a common problem as you'll see in this reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/UnihertzTitan/comments/i33me3
Help the poor UniHurtz TitanFALL!
Are you needing help or you solved the bootloop?

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
I'll find out when I get home from work this morning Unihertz did finally reply to my email at 3am

I'm going to try in both Ubuntu and Windows as they have me tute's and files for both.

On that and the windows note can anyone recommend which driver version works best doesn't matter if it's 7 or 10, so long as it's 64Bit supported.

DragonPitbull

Mar 10, 2020
Houston
Samsung Galaxy A20
I'll find out when I get home from work this morning Unihertz did finally reply to my email at 3am

I'm going to try in both Ubuntu and Windows as they have me tute's and files for both.

On that and the windows note can anyone recommend which driver version works best doesn't matter if it's 7 or 10, so long as it's 64Bit supported.
platform-tools-latest | drivers USB OEM | MTK USB driver

Obviusly you only need flash stock recovery.img as your device has A9.

For Custom Recovery like TWRP maybe I can ask my friend to help you. If - you still TWRP want?!

Last edited:

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Where's the link for that I'll try and see as even with a reply from Unihertz and new files I'm still running into the same error. Where constant looping and when plugged in attempting to flash the factory firmware it times out with a red Download DA bar loading at 100% in seconds and then two minutes later timing out and giving me error code 0xXC0010005.

RN I don't think it'd be possible to get it to stay in bootloader or on long enough to fully do the ADB or Powershell twrp.img flash, interestingly enough I did find MTK Droid Tools v2.5.3B has a rewrite boot and recovery option and askes for the img before proceeding and I didn't do anything else after that though cause it wants a .prm as for a scatter file. Oh and it has ADB builtin to the program.
Screenshot 2022-01-21 114417.png

DragonPitbull

Mar 10, 2020
Houston
Samsung Galaxy A20
Where's the link for that I'll try and see as even with a reply from Unihertz and new files I'm still running into the same error. Where constant looping and when plugged in attempting to flash the factory firmware it times out with a red Download DA bar loading at 100% in seconds and then two minutes later timing out and giving me error code 0xXC0010005.

RN I don't think it'd be possible to get it to stay in bootloader or on long enough to fully do the ADB or Powershell twrp.img flash, interestingly enough I did find MTK Droid Tools v2.5.3B has a rewrite boot and recovery option and askes for the img before proceeding and I didn't do anything else after that though cause it wants a .prm as for a scatter file. Oh and it has ADB builtin to the program.View attachment 5518101
Search in the internet How install MTK drivers, specially in the Win7. Better in Win10 and if you as that so the drivers [link] is much better, You can try installing that file but need reboot your computer. After try flash with SPFT.
Don't choose FORMAT+ALL or any option with FORMAT+........

Win7 need more effort to start drivers for Mediatek devices!
You can try pressing constantly the VOL - button when put USB for SPFT work.

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
The issue I keep running into here is no matter how charged the battery is, it won't stay power up long enough to even attempt to correctly install the drivers. (I think at least, still don't ever see a unknown device in other devices), if I could get that far I'd probably stand a chance of recovering it.

DragonPitbull

Mar 10, 2020
Houston
Samsung Galaxy A20
The issue I keep running into here is no matter how charged the battery is, it won't stay power up long enough to even attempt to correctly install the drivers. (I think at least, still don't ever see a unknown device in other devices), if I could get that far I'd probably stand a chance of recovering it.
We often don't realize that certain errors are normal on our machine. So the question is to test in others computers.
But there are possibilities of company blocks or even something that has happened on the phone without it really should happen.
Some interesting cases:
1- I noticed with the image you showed about trying to flash all the firmware.
** So even if you have tried the Download only or Firmware Upgrade options, the question remains if you tried to flash only the recovery.img file? Obviously you can have the same error in SPFT?!
2- Cases of hardware vs software that match the use and characteristics found such as restarting the PC and trying to flash in a different USB port. Same problem?!: Drivers are resolved?!

The biggest case of suggesting something or thinking that this or that is a problem wastes precious time. Confirm the main steps!:
1- Driver correctly installed and working;
2- Driver works: Different USB PORT tested;
3- SPFT version must be tested. Mainly previous versions to confirm the error message that persists or may disappear;
4- Phone particularities: pressing the VOL buttons for a while can trigger the preloader that is responsible for the connection between the SPFT and your phone on the computer. Switching to VOL+ or Power or VOL- with VOL+ or VOL+ VOL - and Power may solve or confirm the non-solution.

Best way: Win10 with driver updates. Find the way to disable unsigned driver installations. But you can use this driver and you must restart your computer for it to take effect.
Make sure the USB port has a speed feature for the flashing process. Example: All USB ports are 2.0 only and SPFT asks for a USB 3.0 port to make the connection.
With everything confirmed the rest is something to question in relation to having the correct firmware file or the device itself having blocked the installation process due to a drastic change in the preloader or something that has changed and is blocking it.

Look previous posts about that so all depends on what you have and how you use it.
Unfortunately everyone (including me) who went through bad times like the one you have now, has a headache because it's a simple process and doesn't know what to do. But on the other hand, it's a huge learning experience when we solve it.
But there is still a choice without a headache: take it to a technical assistance and pay for it!

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
No on drivers when it goes to do the typical windows installation with the installation boxes in the upper left corner, I keep getting red x's.

I'm letting it charge some more and tomorrow trying again on my windows 7 laptop, as I think I'm also getting hung up on disabling driver signatures on windows 10 laptop. IDK if it's cause I'm dual booting JingOS 0.9 and that cancels out F7 or what the hang up is on that part.

shivadow

Jan 26, 2012
In all honesty I think you'll end up finding that the only way to recover it is by removing and reprogramming the nand in a proper programmer.

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Okay a little bit of progress and interesting discovery of errors...

Upon extracting a rom from wherever in zip format, in at least 7zip it gets as far as boot.img and then has an error extracting that.

I discovered this by finding Miracle Flash Tool and clicked on Android tab, loaded the scatter file and it took and accepted it and then said boot.img missing please load and pulled up a selection window.

IDK SP Flash Tool never said that. I got drivers to work once and then rebooted now can't get them to work again keeps saying unrecognized usb device. At least it's a bit of progress.

DragonPitbull

Mar 10, 2020
Houston
Samsung Galaxy A20

Upon extracting a rom from wherever in zip format, in at least 7zip it gets as far as boot.img and then has an error extracting that.

I discovered this by finding Miracle Flash Tool and clicked on Android tab, loaded the scatter file and it took and accepted it and then said boot.img missing please load and pulled up a selection window.

IDK SP Flash Tool never said that. I got drivers to work once and then rebooted now can't get them to work again keeps saying unrecognized usb device. At least it's a bit of progress.
If you have more drivers for others phones like samsumg, motorola, lg, etc so remove that's and reboot computer. Install again MTK Drivers, UAC permissions and reboot computer. Test SPFT.

But here a good video to see and may be can fix - confirm driver issue in Win7:

Drivers: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V2FducGB4pNpbkJWVmk2sfRJpf4Q5Bth/view

Maybe corrupted zip file?