REQ: Youtube.apk

Search This thread

foxfire235

Oct 14, 2009
Can someone please post or point me in the direction of a working youtube.apk that supports HD on the Nook color. I've tried three versions, two didn't work and one was shrunken screen. THanks

jpl605615

Nov 29, 2010
hello, I have the same problem. You tube works in hd but at a reduced screen size.
Almost like the apk was written for a phone.probably.

johnnydeathmatch

Aug 24, 2010
Boise, ID
Is there a reason my videos don't play? I tried to reinstall youtube and it didn't fix it :(

I haven't had any trouble playing videos... Ensure that the videos you are trying to play are formatted/available for mobile, some aren't. But, that's probably not the issue. Some people have been having issues with YouTube not working when signed in, but usually the entire app doesn't work.

If all else fails, you can always use the Erase option in the menu, then re-root and try again. I've done that like 30 times now. :D

mad5427

Nov 29, 2010
I have performed all rooting procedures and everything is working perfectly except YouTube. I click the app and it just goes straight to the homescreen. I tried removing the youtube app and reinstalling it and it still does the same thing.

Any ideas to fix this?

slimatic

Aug 28, 2009
I have performed all rooting procedures and everything is working perfectly except YouTube. I click the app and it just goes straight to the homescreen. I tried removing the youtube app and reinstalling it and it still does the same thing.

Any ideas to fix this?

I am getting the same issue. Everything else works..except YouTube. I tried re-rooting but that does not work either. Any way clear data on the youtube apk? Is there an intent to get to the applications settings?

Bimboy

Dec 5, 2006
I am getting the same issue. Everything else works..except YouTube. I tried re-rooting but that does not work either. Any way clear data on the youtube apk? Is there an intent to get to the applications settings?

I posted this in another thread, but:

You do not need to uninstall YouTube. It is crashing because it is still linked to your gmail account, as a hack to get all of the other Google apps working. If you disassociate YouTube from your gmail account, YouTube will once again work!

• From the Market, download Titanium Backup (Free in the Market)... You may already have it installed, if so, skip this part.
  • Open up Titanium Backup, it will likely ask for Superuser permissions. Grant it.
  • If you get a Busybox error, install Busybox from the Market.
  • Click on the second tab at the top of Titanium, named 'Backup/Restore', and let it populate all of your apps
  • Scroll to the bottom of the list and tap the YouTube app
  • You'll get a dialog box. Click on the 'Wipe Data' button

Just close Titanium Backup, and you're done. YouTube will work, now that you cleared your user data.

slimatic

Aug 28, 2009

Any ideas to fix this?

I found a way around it. I knew it would work and it did.
Download ES File Explorer from the Android Market.
Open the ES File Explorer
Access the App Manager by clicking Manager from its Menu options.
Hold on the YouTube app from the list of apps for a few seconds and click the Details option.
Voila! This should get you into the Application Info for the app.
Clear data, clear cache, Force stop and you will be good to go!

zipxavier

Jun 27, 2009
Thanks for this solution it fixed my youtube closing issue

You do not need to uninstall YouTube. It is crashing because it is still linked to your gmail account, as a hack to get all of the other Google apps working. If you disassociate YouTube from your gmail account, YouTube will once again work!

• From the Market, download Titanium Backup (Free in the Market)... You may already have it installed, if so, skip this part.
  • Open up Titanium Backup, it will likely ask for Superuser permissions. Grant it.
  • Click on the second tab at the top of Titanium, named 'Backup/Restore', and let it populate all of your apps

Just close Titanium Backup, and you're done. YouTube will work, now that you cleared your user data.

Sent from my NookColor using XDA app

neozen21

Oct 11, 2010
Henderson, NV
Once it's working again, don't sign in the next time you use youTube or sign out before quitting YouTube. If you remain signed in, the same thing will happen again next time you try to start YouTube.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

First post! Woooot!!

Gingerbread version of Youtube worked for me.