• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Request]Acer A100 Recovery.img for ICS LOCKED

Search This thread

rollidark

Jun 22, 2012
Hello Members

I need a Official recovery.img dump for this ICS version

ACER_AV041_A100_0.002.00_ww_GEN1 link >>http://vache-android.com/v1/download.php?fileID=116

my recovery does not install update.zip patches and power key does not select any opition

http://youtu.be/CWFlA1W08wE

this is my bootloader version
Bootloader v0.03.11-ICS: Starting Fastboot USB download protocol

help me please

You Can make a backup this IMG with "Acer recovery tool" downloaded from the google play store

thanks

masr1979

Apr 5, 2006
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
You're welcomed, we are here to help each other after all. You should follow pio's advice and describe what you did so others can benefit from your experience. We have to make such info as readily available as possible.

citricube

Apr 27, 2012
Having the same issue described

I have a locked bootloader tried many different A100 update.zip files. Please tell me how you fixed it with the recovery image I have the locked bootloader v 0.03 up.

liltyke

Aug 29, 2007
Texas
Ill attach the stock recovery for one of the ICS roms that vache posted, but I can't remember the exact build #. I know it's not the leak version, and if it helps I also used it to flash back to stock after some funny business.

Hi, I have the same problem as rollidark. What do you do with this recovery image. It seems rollidark used it to fix his issue.

thanks

masr1979

Apr 5, 2006
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Hi, I have the same problem as rollidark. What do you do with this recovery image. It seems rollidark used it to fix his issue.

thanks

Put an stock rom update on the root of your external sdcard (vache & zeronull have released some), rename it update.zip. I'd don't recommend recommend relocking your bootloader unless you're absolutely sure what you are doing, so that means that if the rom you downloaded has a bootloader.blob you need to delete it, or look for one that doesn't have it (I think vache's don't have it)
Now reboot into fastboot
adb reboot bootloader
once in fastboot
fastboot erase recovery
then
fastboot flash recovery "recovery.img file location"
That should give you stock recovery, after that I usually hold down the volume button closest to the lock switch and run
After you see the green android with the progress bar in the bottom your rom should be flashing, and hopefully once finished you'll be ready to re-root, and reflash your rom... if you were careful and had a nandroid-backup you could even restore your /data (I don't usually restore my /system or other partitions).

Godspeed in your flashing endeavors my friend.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Put an stock rom update on the root of your external sdcard (vache & zeronull have released some), rename it update.zip. I'd don't recommend recommend relocking your bootloader unless you're absolutely sure what you are doing, so that means that if the rom you downloaded has a bootloader.blob you need to delete it, or look for one that doesn't have it (I think vache's don't have it)
Now reboot into fastboot

once in fastboot

then

That should give you stock recovery, after that I usually hold down the volume button closest to the lock switch and run

After you see the green android with the progress bar in the bottom your rom should be flashing, and hopefully once finished you'll be ready to re-root, and reflash your rom... if you were careful and had a nandroid-backup you could even restore your /data (I don't usually restore my /system or other partitions).

Nicely done, masr1979!:good:

liltyke

Aug 29, 2007
Texas
Now reboot into fastboot

once in fastboot

then

thank you very much for the detailed explanation masr1979. I'll give it a shot when I get home from work.

citricube

Apr 27, 2012
Basically I got the rear camera replaced, it was working great. About a couple weeks later It's running sluggishly because I was running too many apps at once. So I decided to press the reset button while It was lagging out, next thing I know It's stuck at the silver android logo forever. I tried using some update.zip's but that just made the problem worse.

liltyke

Aug 29, 2007
Texas
Well it seems my knowledge level was a few steps back from where it needed to be to fully understand the instructions as posted, so the last 24 hours have been a whole lot of 'old dog learning new tricks'. I have adb and fastboot installed now via one of the threads found through googling. When I enter 'adb reboot bootloader' everything seems to go fine, but when I enter 'fastboot erase recovery' I get 'ersaing 'recovery' ... FAILED (remote: (00000002)) ANy tips from you pros?? I've been beating my head against the wall for a while and neither my head or the wall are looking too good right now :D Thanks for any help anyone may offer.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Well it seems my knowledge level was a few steps back from where it needed to be to fully understand the instructions as posted, so the last 24 hours have been a whole lot of 'old dog learning new tricks'. I have adb and fastboot installed now via one of the threads found through googling. When I enter 'adb reboot bootloader' everything seems to go fine, but when I enter 'fastboot erase recovery' I get 'ersaing 'recovery' ... FAILED (remote: (00000002)) ANy tips from you pros?? I've been beating my head against the wall for a while and neither my head or the wall are looking too good right now :D Thanks for any help anyone may offer.

Need a little more information first.
What android version are you on now? What boot loader version does it show upper left on boot? What all have you done to this point?

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.

liltyke

Aug 29, 2007
Texas
Need a little more information first.
What android version are you on now? What boot loader version does it show upper left on boot? What all have you done to this point?

Thanks for jumping in here pio_masaki. It's very much appreciated.

Sorry for the lack of details, I realize that I should have given that info from in my first post.

Android version is 4.0.3 ,I flashed it with the first ICS leak that showed up here on XDA.

Bootloader version is v0-03.11-ICS

The A100 is not rooted.

After the official ICS update was being streamed I realized that I wasn't getting it. Figured it was because I had already flashed the early leak. I saw here on XDA a few threads where people were trying to get back to HC because they were having the same problem. I followed steps and advice listed in those other threads but nothing was working for me. I always got the dead android logo any time I tried to recover using an 'update.zip' on my external sd card. When I get the dead android logo and press the home button I do get the recovery menu button soon noticed that even though I could scroll through the menu I could not select any of the options. I saw this thread and it seemed to be very similar to my situation.

thanks again for your time.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Thanks for jumping in here pio_masaki. It's very much appreciated.

Sorry for the lack of details, I realize that I should have given that info from in my first post.

Android version is 4.0.3 ,I flashed it with the first ICS leak that showed up here on XDA.

Bootloader version is v0-03.11-ICS

The A100 is not rooted.

After the official ICS update was being streamed I realized that I wasn't getting it. Figured it was because I had already flashed the early leak. I saw here on XDA a few threads where people were trying to get back to HC because they were having the same problem. I followed steps and advice listed in those other threads but nothing was working for me. I always got the dead android logo any time I tried to recover using an 'update.zip' on my external sd card. When I get the dead android logo and press the home button I do get the recovery menu button soon noticed that even though I could scroll through the menu I could not select any of the options. I saw this thread and it seemed to be very similar to my situation.

thanks again for your time.

So...you flashed the bootloader to get back to HC and now it won't use update.zip? What about booting into android, does that still work? Or fast boot? Or uhm...I seem to recall having to do a hard reset to get the downgrade to work, have you done this too? I never downgraded just seemed pointless when I was already on ics so I'm not experienced with it, just recall seeing the boot loader needing a hard reset to work.

liltyke

Aug 29, 2007
Texas
No, I never flashed the bootloader, not unless that happens while trying to run an update.zip. adb and fastboot seem to be working. Based on the earlier instructions 'adb reboot bootloader' does restart the A100 and gives me the bootloader message at the top left of the screen. When I run the ' fastboot erase recovery' command I get the FAILED message in the command prompt window and also get a message in red text on the A100 saying 'Fastboot: not support the command in lockmode, failed to process command erase: recovery error (0x2)'. When I run the 'fastboot reboot' command the A100 does restart. So all that leads to believe that the communication from my computer to the A100 is ok.

Booting into Android. The A100 starts and works fine if that is what you are referring too. As far as the hard reset, if that's the process of holding down the volume button while powering up and flipping the lock switch back and forth to reset the unit, then yes I have done that and it does work. My whole goal here is to get the unit to running ICS legitimately and get updates from ACER. I don't care what I have to do, it's just a couple of the other threads mentioned the need to go back to HC to get the official ICS update. So that's why I tried that. But the last time a update.zip worked was when I flashed the leaked ICS. I have got the dead android logo every time since.

Sorry if some of this info is redundant from my earlier post, I just wanted to get it all in the same place.

Thanks again for your help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ill attach the stock recovery for one of the ICS roms that vache posted, but I can't remember the exact build #. I know it's not the leak version, and if it helps I also used it to flash back to stock after some funny business.

thanks

Now reboot into fastboot
    adb reboot bootloader
    once in fastboot
    fastboot erase recovery
    then
    fastboot flash recovery "recovery.img file location"

Hey we all gotta help... I only wish I could be as hyperactive as you though LOL!

Yup in this small of a community we all gotta pitch in and help when we can!

Tapatalked from my A100 - Jellytime V7.11
    Since your rooted and have an unlocked bootloader, just run the automated installer for twrp 2.2.2.1 here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1848748

That will give you twrp recovery then you can backup and flash whatever you like. If you don't want a custom recovery let me know.