[REQUEST] Android 12 for S6/S6 Edge

Search This thread
Jan 7, 2022
Alright so....

All Galaxy S series except the Galaxy S6/S6 Edge have got the Android 12 Custom ROM's made for them. Can anyone make an Android 12 custom rom for this device? It will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Reactions: Fytdyh and joam280
Jan 7, 2022
I don't think anyone is actively developing for the S6 anymore. May be eventually someone will build A12L, but at least for now, dont get your hopes up :(
But it's such a capable device.....I don't know why anyone isn't currently working on making an android 12 rom for this device. Other phone's like S4 & S5 have 12 but this doesn't :(

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
You might could do it with a project treble GSI.(no guarantees)
Follow this guide
Note after flashing the treblizer zip, you need to flash the treble TWRP provided in the guide.
After done all of that guide Then in twrp click install, install image and select the GSI and install to system image
GSI: https://github.com/ponces/treble_build_pe/releases
thread for gsi:
Extract the GSI xxxxxx.img.xz into xxxxx.img first before moving to the phone.

Jan 7, 2022
You might could do it with a project treble GSI.(no guarantees)
Follow this guide
Note after flashing the treblizer zip, you need to flash the treble TWRP provided in the guide.
After done all of that guide Then in twrp click install, install image and select the GSI and install to system image
GSI: https://github.com/ponces/treble_build_pe/releases
thread for gsi:
Extract the GSI xxxxxx.img.xz into xxxxx.img first before moving to the phone.
got any roms that are treble supported?

fakemanoan

Jul 3, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
Hey man are you still working on CR Droid Rom for the s6
kinda. dont expect anything brand new anytime soon though. working on some other stuff currently.

But it's such a capable device.....I don't know why anyone isn't currently working on making an android 12 rom for this device. Other phone's like S4 & S5 have 12 but this doesn't :(
yeah its a shame. guess because there is no expandable storage, not a lot of people stick around. but android 11 is pretty good for a device that came out in 2015.

who knows... may be someone will build A12 for it eventually.

Jan 7, 2022
hope you have sucess, if you has success you can post a tutorial in the s6 general forum. if you failed i will help you find more android 12 gsis until hopefully one works
Oiii....I tried the gsi's. Unfortunately, there was no success. The phone was bootlooping continuesly. Most Android 12 gsi's are for "a/b type partition only" and the S6 is "A only type". That's the reason why it won't work. I guess....We'll have to wait for the Dev's to make an android 12 rom for this device. 🙄

Jan 7, 2022
kinda. dont expect anything brand new anytime soon though. working on some other stuff currently.

yeah its a shame. guess because there is no expandable storage, not a lot of people stick around. but android 11 is pretty good for a device that came out in 2015.

who knows... may be someone will build A12 for it eventually.
Alot of people still use the S6 to this day, even I have it as my secondary phone. It's running evolutionx (android 10) and it's absolutely a beast, it works buttery smooth. So smooth infact that it can beat a midrangers with ez. I can't imagine how cool it would be to run a12 on a phone that's almost 7 year old at this point. Hopefully, Some dev could give a new life to this device again. 🙃

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Oiii....I tried the gsi's. Unfortunately, there was no success. The phone was bootlooping continuesly. Most Android 12 gsi's are for "a/b type partition only" and the S6 is "A only type". That's the reason why it won't work. I guess....We'll have to wait for the Dev's to make an android 12 rom for this device. 🙄
Here
Extract the .gz file to become a .img file and flash

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Tysm dude....Can you also provide a rom that I can flash the gsis on? (I'm extremely sorry to bother you so much)
whats the problem with just flashing the gsi and try to boot? no boot animation and other stuff?
and as the FAQ in the trebliser thread says, it can work with any normal rom before you flash gsi.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022
whats the problem with just flashing the gsi and try to boot? no boot animation and other stuff?
and as the FAQ in the trebliser thread says, it can work with any normal rom before you flash gsi.
oh alright...i am gonna try to flash the gsis on lineage os 18.1

Reactions: LR7875

Top Liked Posts