[REQUEST] Android 12 for S6/S6 Edge

Search This thread

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
I tried all the GSI's. Unfortunately, I had no success. 😔:(
How did they fail? Bootloop? Does it stuck on Samsung galaxy s6 logo or stuck on a boot animation?
Does the Google official GSI's work (you can also try Android 13)
And have you done a factory reset in twrp before flashing the GSI?

I also found some more GSI's which, I guess, won't work, but you may try as last resort.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022
How did they fail? Bootloop? Does it stuck on Samsung galaxy s6 logo or stuck on a boot animation?
Does the Google official GSI's work (you can also try Android 13)
And have you done a factory reset in twrp before flashing the GSI?

I also found some more GSI's which, I guess, won't work, but you may try as last resort.
It was stuck on the Samsung galaxy s6 edge logo and was consistently restarting....it wasn't booting in the rom just stuck on the galaxy s6 edge logo and consistently restarting.

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
It was stuck on the Samsung galaxy s6 edge logo and was consistently restarting....it wasn't booting in the rom just stuck on the galaxy s6 edge logo and consistently restarting.
edited
5- After you rebooted to twrp, go Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, now here wipe /system, /cache, /vendor one by one
6- In TWRP go to Wipe -> Advanded Wipe -> Select Data -> Repair or Change File System -> Change File System -> EXT2 -> EXT4 -> Go Back to Advanced Wipe -> Select Data and Internal Storage and wipe again

then reflash lineage os 18.1 , then flash a custom kernel, reboot into system, then go into twrp to flash gsi when flash gsi do not wipe boot, just the normal factory reset, reboot recovery once(you may need to do that to make it work), then reboot system

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022
edited
5- After you rebooted to twrp, go Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, now here wipe /system, /cache, /vendor one by one
6- In TWRP go to Wipe -> Advanded Wipe -> Select Data -> Repair or Change File System -> Change File System -> EXT2 -> EXT4 -> Go Back to Advanced Wipe -> Select Data and Internal Storage and wipe again

then reflash lineage os 18.1 , then flash a custom kernel, reboot into system, then go into twrp to flash gsi when flash gsi do not wipe boot, just the normal factory reset, reboot recovery once(you may need to do that to make it work), then reboot system
I followed the exact same steps but no success :(

fakemanoan

Jul 3, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
I followed the exact same steps but no success :(
treble doesnt really work from my experience with even with some android 9 gsis. best to avoid for the s6 at least.

as for android 12L, i will see if i can get it working soon (tm)

im not very experienced building roms, but i feel like i can get it working (or pretty close to working anyway). and if i dont succeed, ill post the stuff i did on github so someone can carry on working on it. just gotta wait and see.

Reactions: LR7875
Jan 7, 2022
treble doesnt really work from my experience with even with some android 9 gsis. best to avoid for the s6 at least.

im not very experienced building roms, but i feel like i can get it working (or pretty close to working anyway). and if i dont succeed, ill post the stuff i did on github so someone can carry on working on it. just gotta wait and see.
:OOOOOOO

Jan 7, 2022

DUDE!!!! TYSM!!!!! I'll try out the ROM. I can also be a tester. I have a Galaxy S6 Edge.

Last edited:
Reactions: LR7875

fakemanoan

Jul 3, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
DUDE!!!! TYSM!!!!! I'll try out the ROM. I can also be a tester. I have a Galaxy S6 Edge.
dont hold your breath on a working build :D. i am fairly inexperienced.

but if anyone would want to contribute the main source is forked from Exynos7420:

currently only working on zerofltexx (because thats the model i have).

Jan 7, 2022
dont hold your breath on a working build :D. i am fairly inexperienced.

but if anyone would want to contribute the main source is forked from Exynos7420:

currently only working on zerofltexx (because thats the model i have).
Oooooo. How long do you think it's gonna take to get a working build?

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
Sony Xperia M
You might could do it with a project treble GSI.(no guarantees)
Follow this guide
Note after flashing the treblizer zip, you need to flash the treble TWRP provided in the guide.
After done all of that guide Then in twrp click install, install image and select the GSI and install to system image
GSI: https://github.com/ponces/treble_build_pe/releases
thread for gsi:
Extract the GSI xxxxxx.img.xz into xxxxx.img first before moving to the phone.
GSI? I did a project on that long ago , little GSI and not working good at all ., probably some outdated GSI from when ExpressLuke still created GSI's - Best man to ask and to DONATE is Enesuzun , He is tha KING of that device , but he is using XIAOMI now and has no interest to develop for a community that never donates a penny ..send him a couple of hundred bucks and tell me again . Good luck donating .

Top Liked Posts