[Request Apk] Can someone share the latest Yahoo Messenger Plugin ver. 1.4?

Search This thread

necromonger89

Dec 8, 2010
I have done the Market fix several times already and have fixed most of the missing app problems, except the voice and video plugin for yahoo IM. I always get the "requested item could not be found" message when i try to update the app. I cannot run the IM apk without the plugin. Can someone please send me or upload the 1.4 version? Thanks

Also if you must ask i have used other IM apps that allow you to chat etc but have not found one other than the official app that allows you to do voice and video plus send and receive files. Ps. I also used the search bar with no success.

vcheenu

May 23, 2010
I am having the same problem. It will be great if someone could post the apk file.

Thanks.

vcheenu

May 23, 2010
I tried the steps in the thread you pointed out. But that doesn't fix the problem. I posted a reply in that thread and I will quote it here also

I tried the fix and it didn't work for me. This is what I did

1. Mounted /system are rw
2. Modified the lines ro.build.fingerprint and ro.product.device
3. Remounted /system are ro
4. Started Android Market and browsed around a bit
5. Chose Settings->Applications->Running Services
6. Under the Running tab I can see 'Market' and 'Google Services' but not 'Google Services Framework'. . I can see it under 'All' tab.
7. I followed rest of the steps instructed in the youtube video rcgabriel pointed out in the initial post.

What should I run to see 'Google Services Framework' under the 'Running' tab? Could that be the reason for the fix not working for me?

Thanks.

I tried both Vegan Gingerbread and GHarmony Gingerbread roms. Is there any rom which I should give a try, where this is known to work?

Thanks.

I have done the Market fix several times already and have fixed most of the missing app problems, except the voice and video plugin for yahoo IM. I always get the "requested item could not be found" message when i try to update the app. I cannot run the IM apk without the plugin. Can someone please send me or upload the 1.4 version? Thanks

Also if you must ask i have used other IM apps that allow you to chat etc but have not found one other than the official app that allows you to do voice and video plus send and receive files. Ps. I also used the search bar with no success.

If you have an android phone download YM with that and then use Bluetooth file transfer also in the market for free on both your gtab and android phone then use that app to send the app from your phone to the gtab..

I would upload the app for you but I don't have my tablet with me to bounce the app from phone to tab to here.

Reactions: vcheenu

vcheenu

May 23, 2010
That worked like a charm. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

I have attached the yahoo_messenger and plugin apk if someone wanted them.

Attachments

• com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.im-2.apk
    2.4 MB · Views: 22,667
  • com.yahoo.mobile.client.android.imvideo-1.apk
    5.9 MB · Views: 9,329

rohitlepa

Jan 27, 2011
stock rom

will the posted apk's work on the stock rom? I have version 1.3.2 (both the ym and the video plugin), but the video icon shows up disabled. Is this a newer version? Thanks!

dusk2k3

Mar 26, 2011

I had force close errors every time I initiated video. I downloaded your Video apk and it fired up first time. Thanks for posting. Really helped a lot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Read this and try it, it might for you also.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13180340&postcount=162

Remember to do the regular fix after making the changes.

If you have an android phone download YM with that and then use Bluetooth file transfer also in the market for free on both your gtab and android phone then use that app to send the app from your phone to the gtab..

I would upload the app for you but I don't have my tablet with me to bounce the app from phone to tab to here.