[REQUEST] [APP] HTC Exchange email app for N1 Froyo

Search This thread

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
Need the HTC exchange email app, stock N1 froyo app doesnt work with my company's exchange email. HTC on EVO, Aria, Eris, Hero, Incredible....all work

gIMpSTa

Sep 8, 2009
Maine
Need the HTC exchange email app, stock N1 froyo app doesnt work with my company's exchange email. HTC on EVO, Aria, Eris, Hero, Incredible....all work

You gotta be doing something wrong, then... It's standard activesync technology in both. And the n1 one, at least, even let's you ignore SSL certs (which was a common problem in 2.0 and less I believe).

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
friend, i would love it if i was doing something wrong, but i have tried everything, every combination with the settings. Worked perfectly with the "work email" app but that isnt supported for froyo. stock N1 wont authenticate. its not a small company (Best Buy) and ive used it on WM, Blackberry, HTC phones listed above, and Palm WebOS with no problems. its just the N1 stock client.

im out of ideas

gIMpSTa

Sep 8, 2009
Maine
Very strange. I've had better luck with email app in 2.1 and 2.2 then any previous version. have you tried leaving domain blank and doing domain\username for username? just a thought.

Edit: scratch that, that's exactly how it is setup now (no domain box) doh.

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
i understand the client isnt defective, just not compatible with Best Buy's requirements I guess. I know its working for many, but the stock N1 2.2 email client will not work with Best Buy. where the email client on the various HTC phones it does work (aria, evo, incredible, etc)

i believe i am entering everything correctly.

Domain\Username: NA\x123456
server: sync.bestbuy.com

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
ok, question here gurus...is this problem with my work email not working on the N1 stock email client possibly due to my company's requirement for a password on the phone?

the HTC email client can enforce that and make you have a password on the phone(which with an app can be bypassed). is it possible that the N1 client is unable to enforce that policy and thats why it doesnt work?

shafty023

Jul 24, 2007
Austin,TX
friend, i would love it if i was doing something wrong, but i have tried everything, every combination with the settings. Worked perfectly with the "work email" app but that isnt supported for froyo. stock N1 wont authenticate. its not a small company (Best Buy) and ive used it on WM, Blackberry, HTC phones listed above, and Palm WebOS with no problems. its just the N1 stock client.

im out of ideas

Since when has BestBuy allowed employees to ActiveSync into their work email? When I worked there that was a huge no-no.

gIMpSTa

Sep 8, 2009
Maine
ok, question here gurus...is this problem with my work email not working on the N1 stock email client possibly due to my company's requirement for a password on the phone?

the HTC email client can enforce that and make you have a password on the phone(which with an app can be bypassed). is it possible that the N1 client is unable to enforce that policy and thats why it doesnt work?

Ahhhhhh, yes that is definitely why. It can be setup to disallow e-mail clients that don't implement the pin lock policy.

Touchdown (not free, but imo worth it) in the market does have the option to enforce that policy with a built in pin system.

K9 is a free activesync/exchange email client but I'm not sure it supports pin lock (I'd guess not, but I haven't looked).

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
no go. Touchdown doesnt work, and their support told me that it officially wont work with it.

tried k-9 but the app is horrible...id rather login through the wesite to check the email befire using it.

guess i gotta sell my nexus and use Incredible on my VZ line...im very saddened by this.

gIMpSTa

Sep 8, 2009
Maine
no go. Touchdown doesnt work, and their support told me that it officially wont work with it.

tried k-9 but the app is horrible...id rather login through the wesite to check the email befire using it.

guess i gotta sell my nexus and use Incredible on my VZ line...im very saddened by this.

Whose support told you in wouldn't? Your work or nitrodesk? It absolutely supports standard activesync pin policies. Not saying i don't believe you, I mean I'm sure you tried it, just find it kinda odd.

derfo

Oct 13, 2009
London, UK
I have N1 Froyo and my company requires pin lock with exchange sync. Since the upgrade to Froyo, I have been able to sync without a problem.

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
nitrodesk says Best Buy is blocking all Android phones so Touchdown will not work. i gave them server settings and all.

its not totally true, Best Buy exchange works perfectly on HTC branded Android phones, Aria, Evo, Incredible, Hero, etc...it requires the cimple pin and works fine.

although does not work on N1 or Touchdown.

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
using free trial of RoadSync by Dataviz and its working flawlessly for my push email, calendar, tasks, and contacts. Wierd, its half the price of Touchdown and its working where Touchdown would not.

Pochemuchka1977

Feb 25, 2009
GA
I am on CM 5.0.8 and has no problem to work with the corporate mail / corporate calendar taken from Droid.
Yesterday I have tried to upgrade to the new FRF91 and get connected to the corporate mail - without success.
In the logcat I have seen the following line: "AuthenticationHandler( 270): Authentication scheme ntlm not supported" and the device continued to ask me for the username / password.

I went back to CM 5.0.8 just because the corporate mail and the calendar.

So I guess something was not implemented properly in FRF91 for the corporate mails ....