• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[REQUEST] Development for AOSP-based ROM | Which ROM for the Z5 you want to release?

Which AOSP-based ROM do you guys love most?

• LineageOS

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • MIUI

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Flyme OS

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • MoKee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OmniROM

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Carbon ROM

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • AOKP

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Pure AOSP

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • AOSPA

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • CyanogenMod

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

sirdoha

Jun 19, 2016
GAEE
www.gaee.org
1280px-Xperia_Logo.svg.png

As we all know, there are tons of custom rom based on AOSP like MIUI, Flyme OS, MoKee, OmniROM, ...
Recently, @Myself5 and @HaoZeke have released the (mostly) fully-working UNOFFICIAL Lineage OS for the Xperia Z5. Lineage OS - the successor of CyanogenMod, which is quite close to AOSP. The launch of Lineage OS for Xperia Z5, in my opinion, is a key fundamental for further development on more AOSP-based Custom ROM.
I hope that incredible talented Xperia Z5 developers at XDA will soon launch new project on these custom ROMs, giving the users more choices and experiences and also, unlock all the potential power of the Sony Xperia Z5.
Once again, thanks all Xperia developers and look forward for new custom ROM released for the Xperia Z5.

Last edited:
Reactions: abdulmueedqazi

sirdoha

Jun 19, 2016
GAEE
www.gaee.org
This thread is created for Xperia Z5 XDA members express their opinions and demands on the development of more AOSP-based ROM. Developers can take advantage of this thread as a reference in terms of demands for ROM development. I hope my humble thread could contribute a bit for the general development of Xperia Z5 Developers Community.

Last edited:

sceryavuz

Apr 10, 2014
Ankara
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Me too. @zhangyang_haha has developed a MIUI 8 version base on Sony Stock firmware version Marshmallow .203 (not AOSP) but he closed the thread due to some reasons. Hope someone starts working on this awesome ROM

The actual developer of miui for z5 want to sell rom, so it is againts the xda rules. I prepared the miui thread but I have to do that. Thread closed with my demand :(

sirdoha

Jun 19, 2016
GAEE
www.gaee.org
The actual developer of miui for z5 want to sell rom, so it is againts the xda rules. I prepared the miui thread but I have to do that. Thread closed with my demand :(
OMG. He want users to pay to download his ROM? WT*? Yeah, your decision is right. XDA is where developers create ROM, mods and apps for the community, the thing developers receive can not just limit in money, it's the joy of being satisfied with their works and desires, hearing the appreciated compliments from the users, and maybe receiving some donated money as an encouragement. XDA developers create all of this not for money, but for their desire. That's the fundamental of this forum.
P.s. I am really disappointed about him :(

memox44

May 24, 2017
Ninava
Me too. @zhangyang_haha has developed a MIUI 8 version base on Sony Stock firmware version Marshmallow .203 (not AOSP) but he closed the thread due to some reasons. Hope someone starts working on this awesome ROM

Hello
I found new flyme os rom
But i dont know how to diwnload it
Can any one help
You can search the rom in (gfan) website

Sorry i cant paste the link cuz i am new on xda

Reactions: sirdoha

asgz

Dec 8, 2013
Antalya
I support lineage, because Rom supporting by community thats why live long.
Developing by one guy is not good choice when this guy buy another device developing stops.

Reactions: sirdoha

sirdoha

Jun 19, 2016
GAEE
www.gaee.org
Hello
I found new flyme os rom
But i dont know how to diwnload it
Can any one help
You can search the rom in (gfan) website

Sorry i cant paste the link cuz i am new on xda
Just Cltr+C the link then Cltr+V ?. Or pm it to me ?
Update: Is that the link you say: http://bbs.gfan.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=9154864

I support lineage, because Rom supporting by community thats why live long.
Developing by one guy is not good choice when this guy buy another device developing stops.
Yep. Totally agree!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1280px-Xperia_Logo.svg.png

As we all know, there are tons of custom rom based on AOSP like MIUI, Flyme OS, MoKee, OmniROM, ...
    Recently, @Myself5 and @HaoZeke have released the (mostly) fully-working UNOFFICIAL Lineage OS for the Xperia Z5. Lineage OS - the successor of CyanogenMod, which is quite close to AOSP. The launch of Lineage OS for Xperia Z5, in my opinion, is a key fundamental for further development on more AOSP-based Custom ROM.
    I hope that incredible talented Xperia Z5 developers at XDA will soon launch new project on these custom ROMs, giving the users more choices and experiences and also, unlock all the potential power of the Sony Xperia Z5.
    Once again, thanks all Xperia developers and look forward for new custom ROM released for the Xperia Z5.
    You are aware that the official Carbon builds are already using the stock bringup, right ;P ?
    What about porting SFOS to Z5??
    I would like dirty unicorns for xperia z5, but that is not happening haha
    I choose MIUI, the others look alike each other..