• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Request] Devs pls unite!

Search This thread

Life Engineer

Jun 14, 2010
Jounieh
Hey everyone!
This phone is awesome but it has IMHO a small fallback which is the lack of some true multitasking capabilities.
What I mean is although we have Qslide it is most probably useless if we can't run any app in it.
Just like Galaxy Note series have the Multiwindow manager app or Spwn window app that allows just any app to run in this mode, we should have this on our G2 with Qslide.
It will be awesome. Just imagine you are playing a game and you get whatsapp so you check it on the go and continue playing. Or browsing the web and you check the gmail you just got without leaving the browser.
BTW that's what I do with Halo on Paranoid android on my Nexus 4. However it's a waste to dumb the awesome stock Rom of the G2 to just get this advantage.
Please devs consider this as a serious and urgent request. I know many want this.
Hope I was a dev, I would have helped but I am willing to test.
Thanks and regards!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Melodycd

Life Engineer

Jun 14, 2010
Jounieh
Well looks like I was wrong! It looks like nobody wants this feature!
But what is bugging me is that with over 60 views, I didn't get any "+1" or "agreed" replies, or even "no need" or "STFU" replies :p or any kind of reply.
Have a nice day everyone! :cowboy:

virtual-aidz

Feb 16, 2011
It's probably just a matter of the apps being built for it, and tricking the Qslide into letting you use non LG apps for it.

The Devs did it fairly quickly on my Galaxy Note 10.1

Life Engineer

Jun 14, 2010
Jounieh
I'm afraid it's not THAT easy for us as it was on the note. I had it on my note 10.1 and it's now available on note 3. Also let's not forget about the half-screen double apps running at same time (i dunno what it's called :p); they also modified it to allow any app do that.
Wish it happens anytime soon!

in_dmand

Dec 1, 2010
Greenville, SC
I'm afraid it's not THAT easy for us as it was on the note. I had it on my note 10.1 and it's now available on note 3. Also let's not forget about the half-screen double apps running at same time (i dunno what it's called :p); they also modified it to allow any app do that.
Wish it happens anytime soon!

I don't understand why someone would even want qslide when you have the native android multi tasking abilities?

Life Engineer

Jun 14, 2010
Jounieh
I told you why bro. It's just like Halo if you ever tried it on Paranoid android Roms. The native multitasking requires you to quite one app to be able to use the other.
Qslide (and multiwindow in note) allows you to run an app simultaneously while you are using another app and on top of it.
It's much much more convenient. If you've never tried it I can understand your thoughts!

bnwg

Sep 2, 2010
I told you why bro. It's just like Halo if you ever tried it on Paranoid android Roms. The native multitasking requires you to quite one app to be able to use the other.
Qslide (and multiwindow in note) allows you to run an app simultaneously while you are using another app and on top of it.
It's much much more convenient. If you've never tried it I can understand your thoughts!

I can't deny your point at all. Once I tried the Halo from PA I really think this guy bring the multi-tasking to another level by other means. Brilliant feature! Custom ROM with Halo is the first choice of my flashing hobby by then.

However, with LG G2 I would like to stay with the stock. It has really good features with ease to access and use that makes all the things so convenience. I would also like to see very much the implementation of Qslide with any 3rd party apps...or Halo ported to stock ROM since it's open source now :)

Reactions: Life Engineer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone!
    This phone is awesome but it has IMHO a small fallback which is the lack of some true multitasking capabilities.
    What I mean is although we have Qslide it is most probably useless if we can't run any app in it.
    Just like Galaxy Note series have the Multiwindow manager app or Spwn window app that allows just any app to run in this mode, we should have this on our G2 with Qslide.
    It will be awesome. Just imagine you are playing a game and you get whatsapp so you check it on the go and continue playing. Or browsing the web and you check the gmail you just got without leaving the browser.
    BTW that's what I do with Halo on Paranoid android on my Nexus 4. However it's a waste to dumb the awesome stock Rom of the G2 to just get this advantage.
    Please devs consider this as a serious and urgent request. I know many want this.
    Hope I was a dev, I would have helped but I am willing to test.
    Thanks and regards!

+1. Nice to have Whatsup on the top and scrolling through news for example. Nice feature to get. I am sure someday we can get it. ))

I can't deny your point at all. Once I tried the Halo from PA I really think this guy bring the multi-tasking to another level by other means. Brilliant feature! Custom ROM with Halo is the first choice of my flashing hobby by then.

However, with LG G2 I would like to stay with the stock. It has really good features with ease to access and use that makes all the things so convenience. I would also like to see very much the implementation of Qslide with any 3rd party apps...or Halo ported to stock ROM since it's open source now :)