Request for testing Band Switching of CommMgrPro in Diamond[UPDATED 2008-09-12]

Search This thread

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
Hi.
I am solving the issues of CommMgrPro with Diamond. The most important were.
1) CMP didnt change the band correctly (2G <-> Auto <-> 3G)
2) CMP didnt set correctly the speaker volume.

Any help to see if those issues are gone in this version will be wellcome with free licenses :D

Version V2.2(2008-09-12)
1) There are towers on each country with same cell id. So now the primary key for Cell Mode will be CellID + LAC. CMP will convert your database so make a backup before and will fill the lac information each time it finds a cell with lac equals 0
2) Compatibility with HTC Touch Diamond and HTC Touch Pro (Fixed Band manager, speaker manager, GPS manager and some GUI changes).
3) New option to repair the database.
4) New page for connections option (In connections/menu/options)
5) Option to disable/enable connections on roaming
6) Option to CMP startup delayed on page Options 3.
7) Option to Show/Hide the main window after start CMP.
8) Clicking on the higher part of the battery bar opens the battery page
9) Clicking on the lower part of the battery bar opens the battery page
10) Hide button is raplaced by calendar button.
11) New Today tab. This dialog lets you see the next events that will happen in the place, including calendar events, "Always on" schedules and other events (time limits, etc)

Attachments

• CommMgrPro_V2.2_Theme_SkizZO_VGA.CAB
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:

runewa

Jul 30, 2008
Hello Daniel,

1) I can confirm that the band changes work correctly, 2G, 3G and Auto - including timed changes

2) I had my ring and system volume set to 40%, chose the Full Sound profile, but both levels stayed at 40%. Then went back to the Unknown profile, both volumes still at 40%. The Silent profile, however, did set both volumes correctly to 0%. On exit (back to Unknown), ring volume was set to 40% (what I started with) and system was set to 62% (I had 40%).

Does this answer your questions?

-rune

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
Hello Daniel,

1) I can confirm that the band changes work correctly, 2G, 3G and Auto - including timed changes

2) I had my ring and system volume set to 40%, chose the Full Sound profile, but both levels stayed at 40%. Then went back to the Unknown profile, both volumes still at 40%. The Silent profile, however, did set both volumes correctly to 0%. On exit (back to Unknown), ring volume was set to 40% (what I started with) and system was set to 62% (I had 40%).

Does this answer your questions?

-rune
Ok, but dont use full sound profile. Instead use directly the speaker button of the main screen...
Attached latest beta....

Attachments

• Screen04.jpg
    Screen04.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen03.jpg
    Screen03.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 25
  • CommMgrPro_V2.2b7_Theme_SkizZO_VGA.CAB
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

runewa

Jul 30, 2008
You attached the QVGA version, the VGA version is needed for the Diamond, right?:)

Anyway, I tested with the 2.2b7 version you posted in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2597701&postcount=1955, and changing to Silent and Vibrate (and back to Normal) all work ok (original volume settings restored), but setting the different volumes i % does not work at all, they remain at my previous settings - both ring and system.

-rune

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
You attached the QVGA version, the VGA version is needed for the Diamond, right?:)

Anyway, I tested with the 2.2b7 version you posted in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2597701&postcount=1955, and changing to Silent and Vibrate (and back to Normal) all work ok (original volume settings restored), but setting the different volumes i % does not work at all, they remain at my previous settings - both ring and system.

-rune

hehe, yes, its qvga, sorry.
So change system volume (ring volume isnt controlled) to 20%, 40% doesnt work in diamond, isnt it?, Its a pitty because It works on touch pro (and many devices). So there is one more difference between diamond and pro: the speaker management¡¡. I will try to get a diamond to test.
Thanks ¡

runewa

Jul 30, 2008
Just did another test (system at 20%), and none of the %-buttons change the volume at all. Vibrate and Silent/off both work, and the previous setting (20%) is restored after changing back to normal.

Just let me know when you have a new version ready and I'll retest this. Maybe some other Diamond owner can test this as well?

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
Just did another test (system at 20%), and none of the %-buttons change the volume at all. Vibrate and Silent/off both work, and the previous setting (20%) is restored after changing back to normal.

Just let me know when you have a new version ready and I'll retest this. Maybe some other Diamond owner can test this as well?
Yes, It would be nice if other users could check this issue. Its strange because all the Touch Pro users hasnt that issue and "theorically" both devices are the same....
The test is easy.
1) Click on speaker button, choose ON, choose No time limit, select 80%. Then click on the upper speaker system icon to check if the level is really at 80% (more or less).
2) Same with 20% or 40%...
Greetings.
Dani

runewa

Jul 30, 2008
Just followed you steps in the previous post, and what I did discover in my previous testing is a bug in Manila, not in CommMgrPro :)

I checked the system volume using the Settings/Sounds tab and then system volume, and it always remained at 20%. But after tapping the volume icon at the top (which was set correctly) and then checking the system volume using Settings/Sounds tab, the volume was set ok here as well.

So, to sum up, CommMgrPro does indeed set the system volume correctly on the Diamond!

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
Just followed you steps in the previous post, and what I did discover in my previous testing is a bug in Manila, not in CommMgrPro :)

I checked the system volume using the Settings/Sounds tab and then system volume, and it always remained at 20%. But after tapping the volume icon at the top (which was set correctly) and then checking the system volume using Settings/Sounds tab, the volume was set ok here as well.

So, to sum up, CommMgrPro does indeed set the system volume correctly on the Diamond!
Great news¡¡.
Thank you very much runewa :)
Dani

runewa

Jul 30, 2008
Hi Dani,

So I've fiddled around with CommMgrPro for a few days and I’ve found a few bugs and even more requests for new functionality:) Here goes:

1) Ring volume not restored/set after profile ends (system volume is set ok)
2) Ring type “Ring” is not set correctly using the profiles, ring type “Other” is displayed. All the other ring types work ok.
3) Battery graph stops updating after a while, typically if let to run > 24 hrs. I have set a battery file of 100KB and refresh every 60 seconds
4) The application crashes a lot of the times, especially when playing around with the profiles. I have CommMgrPro installed in the ROM. I’m going to flash to a cooked ROM on a short time, I’ll install CommMgrPro as the first application, just to see if it’s the application itself or other programs that interfere

Over to the wish list :)

5) Should overwrite battery file when limit is reached
6) Detect if connected via activesync (pr sync partnership) and be able to set (profile)actions accordingly
7) Set how often, and when, activesync checks for mail pr profile
8) Set “Turn On/Off BT on incoming call” pr profile. Let the current “Turn On/Off BT on incoming call” on the Options2 page be an override profile settings option
9) “Intelligent cell mode” – associate all cells to the current profile. Great for recording cells to my “Work” profile, for example
10) Switch band using command line (just as BandSwitch) – maybe this is implemented already?
11) Switch profile using command line – so I can change profiles using programmable HW buttons ( I use AE Buttons Plus)
12) Programmable HW buttons :)
13) Change SMS, mail and reminder alerts – I would love to be able to turn on /off Vibrate for SMS-, email- and all the other configurable notifications the Diamond offer using the different profiles
14) Able to delete a profile action
15) Detect if the phone is laying on a flat surface or not, and set actions accordingly. This is my favorite:) I either have my phone laying on a flat surface or it’s in my hand while walking, or in the pocket of my pants – either while walking or sitting down. When I’m out walking I always use the Vibrate mode, but quickly change to normal Ring mode when I’m at the office/at home. What I would LOVE to see is for CommMgrPro to be able to detect if my phone is laying on a flat surface (+- x% which can be configured in the an Options page) or not. If you add an enter/exit “Tilted” / “Not tilted” mode somewhere, I can set my phone to vibrate when tilted (in my hand / pocket) and then switch automatically back to Normal ring mode when it’s laying flat on my desk. This of course applies to the ring mode, SMS-, email- and reminders notifications as well.

This turned out to be quite a list, but I hope you believe this will make the CommMgrPro an even more powerful application.

Enjoy your weekend!

-rune

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
wow rune. Good work¡¡:)
I take note about all this things. Most of them are very interesting and will be implemented. Only one question...
Crashes werent reported by users months ago and I didnt see it on my Touch Pro, so, when It happens again please send me a email (herrero.daniel@gmail.com) telling me what were you doing (which dialog, etc) and what kind of crash exactly. It will help me to simulate the situation and see what happens exactly.
Thanks again....:)

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
Hi.
I need to create a new release version to satisfy HTC dimaond/touch pro users because last official version didnt work corretly. So this version (2.2b9) will become Official 2.2 if no one reports a bug.
Version V2.2(2008-xx-xx)
1) There are towers on each country with same cell id. So now the primary key for Cell Mode will be CellID + LAC. CMP will convert your database so make a backup before and will fill the lac information each time it finds a cell with lac equals 0
2) Compatibility with HTC Touch Diamond and HTC Touch Pro (Fixed Band manager, speaker manager, GPS manager and some GUI changes).
3) New option to repair the database.
4) New page for connections option (In connections/menu/options)
5) Option to disable/enable connections on roaming
6) Option to CMP startup delayed on page Options 3.
7) Option to Show/Hide the main window after start CMP.
8) Clicking on the higher part of the battery bar opens the battery page
9) Clicking on the lower part of the battery bar opens the battery page
10) Hide button is raplaced by calendar button.
11) New Today tab. This dialog lets you see the next events that will happen in the place, including calendar events, "Always on" schedules and other events (time limits, etc).
Greetings.
Dani

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 19
  • CommMgrPro_V2.2b9_Theme_SkizZO_VGA.CAB
    1.6 MB · Views: 13

danielherrero

Oct 3, 2006
Madrid
www.softwaredhr.es
Hi.
A new beta is ready.
Version V2.3(2008-xx-xx)
1) Skin engine improvements.
2) Bug fixing related with phone-off action.
3) Better integration between CMP and HTC Touch Diamond/Pro. Current profile-schedule is shown in the main TouchFlo3D tab (Thanks to NLS). User can disable it on Options 3. See pictures
4) CMP is autorestarted automatically if other program kills it to avoid HTC task manager closes accidentally it. To close CMP just use menu/exit
5) Support for Samsung Omnia (240x400 devices).

Please send any bug, suggestion, etc. The new diamond skin will be ready very soon and It wil reduce the memory consuption in 50-70%.
Regards
Dani

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 12
  • CommMgrPro_V2.3b5_Theme_SkizZO_VGA.CAB
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • CommMgrPro_V2.3b5_Theme_SkizZO_QVGA.CAB