Request from 12A users and those with touchscreen issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xdabbeb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2010
Hello all. I'm looking into a few things and need the full set of 12A partitions from someone that got stuck on it. I can help walk you through retrieving them if need be.

Also, if you're rooted and are consistently experiencing touchscreen issues on any fw revision please get in touch. Email is best (in my profile).

Thanks.

EDIT: I have the 12A partitions (thanks again, Paul!), so all I need now is to hear from people with the touchscreen issues. If you want, you can just email me a dmesg log taken immediately after a fresh boot. Everything I need at this point is in there. You can do so on the device or with an app like syslog from the play store.

EDIT2: Thanks for the reports/logs, everyone. I posted a thread in the G4 General section looking for more data on a possible correlation of touchscreen issues to panel manufacturer. Though in the end (between this post and the few votes there) I received 68 confirmed cases of the JDI panel to 1 for the LGD, one is enough to eliminate that as a proven indicator. I'm still going to look into verifying that the 12A update did, in fact, fix these problems, and if so, I'll put something together for those who want it. I will also look into integrating a fix for the ipv6 issue. Please don't ask for ETAs, however. When it's ready, I'll let you know.

Last edited:

konradsa

Feb 22, 2013
Why not just download the image and look into that? I downloaded it a while back, somebody posted a link to mega somewhere that actually works. But you can't install it on your phone without having had the boot loader updated by the OTA first.

the_passenger

Aug 25, 2006
Hello all. I'm looking into a few things and need the full set of 12A partitions from someone that got stuck on it. I can help walk you through retrieving them if need be.

Also, if you're rooted and are consistently experiencing touchscreen issues on any fw revision please get in touch. Email is best (in my profile).

Thanks.

Awesome, I volunteer. The touchscreen problem renders my phone useless right now. I'm on 11A and rooted.
I sent you an email.

Last edited:

sefirosu0522

Apr 3, 2011

Thanks.

Did you get a G4? I miss your ROM. This phone is a POS. Regretted getting it within a month. If you're working on something, THANK YOU!

xdabbeb

Sep 10, 2010
Did you get a G4? I miss your ROM. This phone is a POS. Regretted getting it within a month. If you're working on something, THANK YOU!

I got one for free using the multiple rebate/discount thing. Still not sure if I'll be keeping it without a bl exploit, but figured I'd look into a couple of the more common issues while I have it at least.

sefirosu0522

Apr 3, 2011
I got one for free using the multiple rebate/discount thing. Still not sure if I'll be keeping it without a bl exploit, but figured I'd look into a couple of the more common issues while I have it at least.

Thanks man! Any help from you will be extremely appreciated!

DADER

May 22, 2008
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I am on 10B and having troubles with touchscreen.I can help but in small sized files, living in Yemen is a pain in the...
Glad to see you joining the G4'S community @xdabbeb and I hope you stay with us ☺

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

xdabbeb

Sep 10, 2010
I am on 10B and having troubles with touchscreen.I can help but in small sized files, living in Yemen is a pain in the...
Glad to see you joining the G4'S community @xdabbeb and I hope you stay with us ☺

Hey there...check my edit in the OP for what I need from those w/touchscreen issues at this point, thanks.

justlovejoy

Dec 29, 2009
Cybertron/Earth
en.wikipedia.org
Any Chance @xdabbeb, that since you have collected all the partitions that there can be an unofficial update uploaded. I can't stand the random need to correct my texts throughout the day, I would take wifi notification issues over touchscreen issues any day. I know it may be a recipe for a brick for the less savvy users but I am up for the 12a challenge guinea pig position if so. Thanks!

jzmax22

Sep 23, 2010
Xdabbed, how do i create a dmesg after a fresh boot? I too am plagued by touch screen issues.

konradsa

Feb 22, 2013
Hi xdabbeb,

Here my dmesg log: http://pastebin.com/XLfPautv

It's from a Verizon G4 on 11A. I don't think I have severe touch screen issues, but I noticed the occasional missed touch. Overall, the screen is also a lot less sensitive and responsive than my previous iPhone.

Good luck with your efforts in fixing the touch screen issues. Glad someone has finally decided to start working on this.

Let me know if you need anything else. I will follow your post for updates.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Xdabbed, how do i create a dmesg after a fresh boot? I too am plagued by touch screen issues.

Use an app like SysLog to get the logs:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog&hl=en

sefirosu0522

Apr 3, 2011
What's the dmesg log? My available options are kernel, last kernel, main, event, audit, modem logs. I'd like to help but I don't know which one to select. My touch screen issues are horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.

EDIT: I have the 12A partitions (thanks again, Paul!), so all I need now is to hear from people with the touchscreen issues. If you want, you can just email me a dmesg log taken immediately after a fresh boot. Everything I need at this point is in there. You can do so on the device or with an app like syslog from the play store.

EDIT2: Thanks for the reports/logs, everyone. I posted a thread in the G4 General section looking for more data on a possible correlation of touchscreen issues to panel manufacturer. Though in the end (between this post and the few votes there) I received 68 confirmed cases of the JDI panel to 1 for the LGD, one is enough to eliminate that as a proven indicator. I'm still going to look into verifying that the 12A update did, in fact, fix these problems, and if so, I'll put something together for those who want it. I will also look into integrating a fix for the ipv6 issue. Please don't ask for ETAs, however. When it's ready, I'll let you know.

@player911 if you can email a dmesg log after a fresh boot that would be good.
    @justlovejoy that should be possible as long as you understand the potential risks. Get in touch via email and I can walk you through it.
    Its the kernel one.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone