• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

{REQUEST} help me make a simple Module for permanently setting LDAC bitrate

Search This thread

PivotMasterNM

Jan 19, 2013
Düsseldorf
Heyho! I've been researching everywhere but have not found a viable solution to permanently set the LDAC bitrate on an android Device. I have extremely basic coding skills, so I'd love someone to help me out and make this together.

PROBLEM

When using Headphones that support the LDAC audio codec (developed and support by Sony and Sony Headphones), many Android Devices wrongly default to a lesser bitrate (like 660kbit/s) or force you to use "adaptive bitrate (up to as little as 300kbit/s which is less than even inferior SBC)". Changing the bitrate to the maximum 990-909kbit/s setting in developer options often doesn't work and won't stick when the Headphones are reconnected or the phone is rebooted.

SOLUTION

A Magisk Module similar to "Bluetooth Audio Bitrate Changer" that permenantly sets the bitrate for the LDAC codec (not yet supported by the affirmentioned module).

Let me know if anyone would be interested. Cheers!

aulkiller

Jul 23, 2018
Im going to ask for it again ;-;
PROBLEM
When using Bluetooth dongle that support the LDAC audio codec (FIIO BTR5), my Devices (s8/poco x3 pro) wrongly default to a lesser bitrate (like 660kbit/s) or force you to use "adaptive bitrate (up to as little as 300kbit/s which is less than even inferior SBC)". Changing the bitrate to the maximum 990-909kbit/s setting in developer options often doesn't work and won't stick when the dongle are reconnected or the phone is rebooted.

Any solution? This doesnt happen in my sony xz since it had option to override ldac sound bitrate from the sony rom itself

martynas

Dec 6, 2008
I use samsung. It was same problem that in developer options it is defaulting to optimized connection.
But when I have installed sony music center app and in app options selected audio quality prefered on device after restarting phone now in developer options it is 990kb streaming is a default when connected to sony xm2.

Yossarrian_07

Jul 15, 2021
OnePlus 7T Pro
I hate this as well. I do not fully understand why is this LDAC settings hidden in developer settings in the first place. You buy 400 bucks LDAC capable Sony headphones and you have to connect the BT, go to developer settings to change correct bitrate and frequency every single time as a complete moron.

If anyone capable can bring this (maybe simple) module to magisk I would make a statue for him :)

FatCash

Mar 14, 2018
Hi, have the same problem.
On top of bitrate, I would like it to stick with constant 44.1kHz/16bit since that is about what LDAC can handle bandwidth-wise. But on my s10 it defaults to upscaling to 96kHz/32 bit, which then loses a lot of bits due to limited bandwidth.

aulkiller

Jul 23, 2018
I use samsung. It was same problem that in developer options it is defaulting to optimized connection.
But when I have installed sony music center app and in app options selected audio quality prefered on device after restarting phone now in developer options it is 990kb streaming is a default when connected to sony xm2.
can i set it up for something other than sony device(ie FiiO BTR5)

MrQuack

Jan 8, 2022
I've been searching everywhere for this functionality, but to no avail. However I've just found a workaround with the Sony Music Centre, so big thanks to whoever mentioned that. To be clear I'm not using Sony headphones. My setup is a Samsung phone and a pair of Fiio EH3's. I did it like this:
1. Installed the Music Center app
2. Powered up my BT headphones
3. Clicked on the 3 dots menu > Music Center Settings > Bluetooth Output Settings > LDAC Playback Quality > Priority on Sound Quality. This setting forces Optimised for Audio Quality in Developer Options.
5. Close the Music Center app. Note do not kill / force stop.
The magic bit is that I can then switch off my BT headphones, and when I switch them back on the 990-909 kbps setting persists. I can even reboot the phone and the setting sticks. The down side is that it also forces 96kHz/32bit. So I'm not suggesting its perfect.
The only action I've found that resets everything is a kill / force stop of the Music Center app. I then have to go back through the process of re-enabling the setting in the app.
Hope this works for others in their setups, at least until someone with the skills makes a proper fix.

Reactions: aulkiller

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been searching everywhere for this functionality, but to no avail. However I've just found a workaround with the Sony Music Centre, so big thanks to whoever mentioned that. To be clear I'm not using Sony headphones. My setup is a Samsung phone and a pair of Fiio EH3's. I did it like this:
    3. Clicked on the 3 dots menu > Music Center Settings > Bluetooth Output Settings > LDAC Playback Quality > Priority on Sound Quality. This setting forces Optimised for Audio Quality in Developer Options.
    The magic bit is that I can then switch off my BT headphones, and when I switch them back on the 990-909 kbps setting persists. I can even reboot the phone and the setting sticks. The down side is that it also forces 96kHz/32bit. So I'm not suggesting its perfect.
    The only action I've found that resets everything is a kill / force stop of the Music Center app. I then have to go back through the process of re-enabling the setting in the app.
    Hope this works for others in their setups, at least until someone with the skills makes a proper fix.
    Heyho! I've been researching everywhere but have not found a viable solution to permanently set the LDAC bitrate on an android Device. I have extremely basic coding skills, so I'd love someone to help me out and make this together.

PROBLEM

When using Headphones that support the LDAC audio codec (developed and support by Sony and Sony Headphones), many Android Devices wrongly default to a lesser bitrate (like 660kbit/s) or force you to use "adaptive bitrate (up to as little as 300kbit/s which is less than even inferior SBC)". Changing the bitrate to the maximum 990-909kbit/s setting in developer options often doesn't work and won't stick when the Headphones are reconnected or the phone is rebooted.

SOLUTION

A Magisk Module similar to "Bluetooth Audio Bitrate Changer" that permenantly sets the bitrate for the LDAC codec (not yet supported by the affirmentioned module).

Let me know if anyone would be interested. Cheers!
    Same problem ..
    have you found a solution?