[Request] persist partition

Search This thread

1+Avenger

Apr 18, 2022
Hi guys,

So I flashed ColorOS 12.1 closed beta on my phone today and I rolled back to OOS 11 because ColorOS was so buggy and I can't use it as a daily driver on my phone. But the thing is, when I was on OOS 11, all the sensor was reversed and I needed to flash via fastboot a "persist.img" and after that everything worked fine except for the fingerprint sensor wich doesn't work anymore because of that and I think it's because I flashed a wrong image of that persist thing.

So I don't know what to do now and I tried so many thing to enable again the FID.. if you guys have any solution, just tell me :/
(Sorry for my bad english btw)

Shreeshail

Oct 10, 2021
OnePlus 7T Pro
It works perfectly fine on the 7T Pro 5G McLaren edition. The global 7T Pro came out sooner and actually has less in common with the 7T Pro 5G McLaren (which has more in common with the OP8) at least when it comes to OOS, partitioning, fixing persist, etc. As far as I know, no one has figured out how to fix it on the global 7t pro. You need to RMA (although you are the only person reporting it doesn't work on the global 7t pro -- so a sample size of one isn't exactly accurate...)

---------- Post added at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

Yes, I fixed it just last week after seeing the thread in the OP8 forum showing how. I couldn't believe it! I had spent 2 months trying and after finding that thread I had it fixed in 15 minutes!! I made my own thread in the 7T Pro McLaren forum with just a few extra little tips added and it fixed it perfectly on my T-Mobile 7T Pro 5G McLaren. But one person (@the hellboy) says it doesn't work on his global 7T Pro.

The 7T Pro 5G McLaren actually has much more in common with the OP8 than with the global 7T Pro as the 7T Pro 5G Mclaren was the first phone 1+ released that uses the same security, partitioning, persist partition format, etc as the OP8. But give it a try and see.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/7t...w-to-fix-fingerprint-scanner-corrupt-t4129711
Yes it does not work on OnePlus 7t pro

starcms

Hi guys,

So I flashed ColorOS 12.1 closed beta on my phone today and I rolled back to OOS 11 because ColorOS was so buggy and I can't use it as a daily driver on my phone. But the thing is, when I was on OOS 11, all the sensor was reversed and I needed to flash via fastboot a "persist.img" and after that everything worked fine except for the fingerprint sensor wich doesn't work anymore because of that and I think it's because I flashed a wrong image of that persist thing.

So I don't know what to do now and I tried so many thing to enable again the FID.. if you guys have any solution, just tell me :/
(Sorry for my bad english btw)

Follow the instructions in the thread I had posted titled something like "Fix your Persist in 15 minutes". But it will possibly still never work as good as new unless you made a backup of your persist partition. And if you have the T-Mobile 7T Pro 5G Mclaren Edition, you can't use any roms or closed betas from OnePlus, only the OTAs from T-Mobile. And if you flashed someone else's persist and didn't even make a backup of your corrupted one first, the FP sensor along with possibly many or all the other sensors will be out of calibration with no way to fix.

As mentioned above you should NEVER flash a persist version floating around in the forums or you could wind up changing your IMEI to match someone else's and wifi mac address or corrupting them entirely. And losing the camera and sensor calibrations specific to your phone (besides just FP). Each persist is unique to every individual phone.

Last edited:

kemoti

Aug 16, 2017
Unfortunately, I installed the wrong file "persist.img". Can someone share a copy from OnePlus 7T Pro HD1913 (EU version) OxygenOS 11? Maybe the phone's sensors can be saved. I will be grateful for your help.

gearmaker

Unfortunately, I installed the wrong file "persist.img". Can someone share a copy from OnePlus 7T Pro HD1913 (EU version) OxygenOS 11? Maybe the phone's sensors can be saved. I will be grateful for your help.
I have HD1913 OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren. I know I've borked my sensors and was able to get it back by following the guide. Here is my persist. No guarantees. Good luck.

Attachments

• persist.rar
    3.8 MB · Views: 25
Reactions: kemoti

kemoti

Aug 16, 2017
your FINGER is working?
The fingerprint does not work because I did not make a copy of the original persist partition and lost the ability to repair it myself. However, I am glad that the rest of the sensors are working properly. I have my phone for 3 years now, probably battery problems will start soon anyway.

KRAKEN(Kr)

Jun 10, 2020
The issue is that a foreign persist.img will fix sensor calibration data and therefore fix all sensors, cameras etc. But you won't be able to use the fingerprint sensor unless you've restored your own persist.img.

A foreign one will always mismatch and make the fingerprint sensor unavailable. That's why I keep a backup of mine just in case.

Even the MSM Tool won't fix it as it is something device specific that should persist at all times hence persist.img.

EDIT: You can backup EFS by booting TWRP (it doesn't need to decrypt /data):
- Get adb and fastboot on your computer
- "fastboot boot TWRP.img"
- Type in
Code:
adb shell
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/tmp/persist.img
exit
adb pull /tmp/persist.img persist.img
This will copy the persist partition as an .img file to the /tmp/ folder on your device and the last command will copy it to your computer's user folder.

To do the same in reverse (restoring the persist partition):
Code:
adb push PATHONCOMPUTER/persist.img /tmp/persist.img
adb shell
dd if=/tmp/persist.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist
exit
I have oneplus 9 pro rooted some files deleted in root dectionary include fingerprint files i was backup all files expect fingerprint fils how fix it plz guys

The issue is that a foreign persist.img will fix sensor calibration data and therefore fix all sensors, cameras etc. But you won't be able to use the fingerprint sensor unless you've restored your own persist.img.

A foreign one will always mismatch and make the fingerprint sensor unavailable. That's why I keep a backup of mine just in case.

Even the MSM Tool won't fix it as it is something device specific that should persist at all times hence persist.img.

- Type in
Code:
adb shell
exit
This will copy the persist partition as an .img file to the /tmp/ folder on your device and the last command will copy it to your computer's user folder.

Code:
adb shell
exit
I have oneplus 9 pro rooted some files deleted in root dectionary include fingerprint files i was backup all files expect fingerprint fils how fix it plz help me
20220922_145416.jpg

Macusercom

Retired Forum Moderator

Macusercom

Retired Forum Moderator
If i go to a OnePlus branch, they can fix this problem without opening my device?
plz answer me?✌

I don't know what you mean by OnePlus branch. Reach out to OnePlus, only they can fix it. They either will recalibrate the sensors or replace the motherboard entirely. Contact them and see what they suggest. Unfortunately, there is nothing the community can do for you. OnePlus are the only ones ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Should be fastboot flash persist. Tried before when this happened on my other device and it flashed but still didn't fix. Hopefully it works this time around.

- Type in
    Code:
    adb shell
    exit

Code:
    adb shell
    exit
    Can I just flash this zip with magisk? I have 7t pro McLaren so j don't have twrp.

It's not a flashable zip from what I can see. I'm guessing you need to extract persist.img from the zip and flash it with fastboot but I haven't done that before so I don't know the exact commands.
    Would I be able to boot twrp and try this without root and wiping my device?

Yes. It only needs adb on a computer and a bootable TWRP.
    I had a fingerprint enrollment issue and all other sensors not working after returning to stock from AOSP rom.
    My backed up persist did not work. I did use one posted on this forum with same model, 7T Pro.
    My fingerprint sensor returned along with all other sensors. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone, but I had
    nothing to lose by trying.
    @starcms , thank you for the info. It was because of your post HERE that I continued to read and to try the fix.

Hey, I'm just glad it worked! 👍 I haven't heard much about the issue except on the T-Mobile 7T Pro 5G Mclaren and the OP8/Pro (all variants). Apparently they finally fixed it on the 8T. I think I had only heard it mentioned a handful of times on the regular 7T/Pro (including the international 7T Pro Mclaren) and because of the differences, no one had been able to fix it following the guide (they were missing the file that the guide restores, apparently persist has different files depending on the model and the variant). Looks like you got really lucky or found a way. Regardless, I'd be backing up your working persist.img and saving it in at least 2 separate locations. 😁😷👍