Cheers

Last edited:

hanu_blr

Jul 14, 2011
bangalore
@badshah,

Am planning to buy, b4 i decide, i hv few question on 8x1100

1. is the battery removable ??
2. how is the GSM/3G singal, any drops seen ? are both sim slots 3G enabled ???
3. How is the GPS locking, is it usable for navigation like sygic.
4. any heating issues while playing games ???
5. how is the wifi signal strength say at 10feets ?
6. how is the battery life ??.
7. how is the overall build quality ???
8. if possible can u make a video review and post it on youtube ???
9. are the capacitive buttons backlit ?
10. can mv apps to SD card ?

TA
hanu

badshah.mb

Jul 29, 2012
1. is the battery removable ??
yes

2. how is the GSM/3G singal, any drops seen ? are both sim slots 3G enabled ???
signal is great. no idea about 3g, i use wifi.

gps lock is instant! never used sygic.

4. any heating issues while playing games ???
not much, however gpu is mali 450 and scores 7k in antutu 3d test, where as mi3's adreno gpu scores 14k in 3d.
mi3 total score 40k vs xolo 8x-1100 total score 30k

5. how is the wifi signal strength say at 10feets ?
great

6. how is the battery life ??.
can last 1 day or more with moderate usage. I don't play games much.

7. how is the overall build quality ???
looks is awesome and extremely light weight and slim.

8. if possible can u make a video review and post it on youtube ???
nope.

meaning? they r not on the screen, they are below the screen, and they r good & different design. not like samsung or mmx device.

10. can mv apps to SD card ?
yes.

Plus the reasons why i bought this model :
it has internal 16gb & its expandable via memory card slot and OTG support is also there.
It has sony camera on back and front
corning gorilla glass protection.
cheaper by 5k compared to all other octa core+2gb ram devices.

octa core MT6592 has technology Heterogeneous Multi-Processing (HMP), which is a more advanced version of big.LITTLE technology. In this setup, a processor can utilise all cores at the same time, or just a single core for low-intensity tasks. This can provide powerful performance or increased battery life respectively.

I can see most of the times in normal usage, only 2 cores are running and rest are sleeping, they get in to action, only when it's required.

Last edited:

hanu_blr

Jul 14, 2011
bangalore
meaning? they r not on the screen, they are below the screen, and they r good & different design. not like samsung or mmx device.

thanks for the reply, as there are no reviews yet on net, have few more Q.

so backlit capcitive button means, when u press the menu/home/return buttons, do they lightup ???. they lightup when u touch any of these button when u have unlocked ur screen.

>>> so what navigation software do u use. Were you able to navigate using gps ??.
when u say gps locks instant, was internet on ???. I ask bcuase most of the MTK chip has very bad gps lock time :(. IF the manufacturer uses a quality gps antenna, then it wrks).

How is camera pics ??? how abt low light conditions!!!.

what all sensors available ???

badshah.mb

Jul 29, 2012
so backlit capcitive button means, when u press the menu/home/return buttons, do they lightup ???. they lightup when u touch any of these button when u have unlocked ur screen.
yes - they lighten up when u touch them .... and it's design is also good.

>>> so what navigation software do u use. Were you able to navigate using gps ??.
when u say gps locks instant, was internet on ???. I ask bcuase most of the MTK chip has very bad gps lock time :(. IF the manufacturer uses a quality gps antenna, then it wrks).
Yes, internate was on. I used google maps to navigate. In this device there is additional feature of gps mode. There are 3 modes: 1) high accuracy - use gps, wifi & mobile network 2) battery saving" - use wifi or mobile network to use 3) device only - use device gps.

How is camera pics ??? how abt low light conditions!!!.
good quality - way better than standard mobile cameras. however, if somebody makes custom rom with cybershot technology integrated within the rom then it should take pics like sony digicams.

what all sensors available ???
As per Antutu :
Direction sensor
G-sensor
Acceleration sensor
Light sensor
E-Compass
Proximity sensor
Gyro sensor
Linear Acceleration sensor
Rotaion Vector sensor

As per Quadrant:
Kionix
STK3310 SITRONIX
STK3310
ST
hscdtd006
ALPS
Rotaion Vector sensor
Gravity sensor
Linear Acceleration sensor

cheers

hanu_blr

Jul 14, 2011
bangalore

thanks for the quick reply, also site says its has
dual speakers,
dts sound and a
dedicated audio chip Audio DAC (Wolfson).

so hows is the loudness on the speakers ?
how is the clarity on incall earphone
how abt the audio clarity with audio players ?. does the dedicated chip adds up or its just marketing ???
what is the free ram after boot.

thanks

badshah.mb

Jul 29, 2012
dual speakers,
dts sound and a
dedicated audio chip Audio DAC (Wolfson).

so hows is the loudness on the speakers ?
how is the clarity on incall earphone
how abt the audio clarity with audio players ?. does the dedicated chip adds up or its just marketing ???
no idea about all this how to check & rate it.... it seems good overall ....

what is the free ram after boot.

free ram is 1.1gb - 1.2gb most of the time ....

Abrar91191

Sep 10, 2014
Xolo 8x 11

Bro does this have wifi direct option, cast screen option in display setting, magnetometer ??

Abrar91191

Sep 10, 2014
8x

Thanks for reply bro. N wat bout secondary mic for noise cancellation, wifi tetherin, heatin problems, front camera flash ?? N how's sound of the phone through call speaker n loudspeaker (songs)

Last edited:

MillionSwords

May 31, 2013
everything looks lovely

Thanks for reply bro. N wat bout secondary mic for noise cancellation, wifi tetherin, heatin problems, front camera

flash ?? N how's sound of the phone through call speaker n loudspeaker (songs)

all is fine but the battery.
anyone has idea about aftermarket battery upgrade for this model?

Can we have CynogenMod for this ???

Abrar91191

Sep 10, 2014
Answer needed

wat bout secondary mic for noise cancellation, wifi tetherin, heatin problems, front camera
flash ?? N how's sound of the phone through call speaker n loudspeaker (songs) n wat bout native video call option with out internet apps ??

devilstunner

Sep 16, 2014
root xolo 8x1100

Could some describe the process to root xolo 8x1100 I hv tried framaroot,towelroot,kingroot and root genius with no luck... Please suggest.

NiZEL

Sep 14, 2014
Could some describe the process to root xolo 8x1100 I hv tried framaroot,towelroot,kingroot and root genius with no luck... Please suggest.

Have you tried to check if you are already rooted ?maybe u just didn't know that u are already rooted ..I recommend the root checker at the market .. When I use frama root I don't have any issues,just select install supersu ,barahir success .. Reboot then before you check update the supersu that is installed in your device using the market ..

Sent from my Lenovo A369i using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try this..

Your method is for MMX A350, this is xolo ... What u trying to say or do here?

Go to shuame.com....and click android Icon at upside of pc logo...and download and run it..it should work!
    If we don't consider the money, which one should I go for?
    Xolo play 8x-1100 or Xolo play 8x-1200?

Both phones have similar features :

• 8x-1200 is clocked at 2.0 GHz octa core and 1100 is 1.7 GHz octa core (1200 is better here)
    • 1200 has a higher PPI of 441 whereas 1100 has a PPI of 294. (significant difference here. 1200 is way better here)
    • 1200 is quite thick while 1100 is comparatively slim. (something important for me. 1100 is better here)
    • 1200 has non expandable 32 Gb internal storage and 1100 has 16 Gb internal + 32 Gb expandable. (1100 better here)
    • 1100 has a nice flip cover which shows date and time on lockscreen. Whereas 1200 has a normal flip cover. (1100 has better cover) [Not really a major factor, but it sure is good to have a phone that looks hot]
    • This thread tells me that 1100 has root available. (Very important for me.) 1200 has no 'confirmed' root right now as far as I know.
    • 1200 has 2300 mAh while 1100 has 2100 mAh (1200 better here.)
    • 1200 has higher resolution (1080x1920 pixels) while 1100 has 720x1280 pixels (1200 better here)

Dimensions :

Xolo play 8x - 1200 : 143.00 x 68.50 x 9.70
    Xolo play 8x - 1100 : 141.50 x 70.80 x 8.70

I know this isn't directly related to 'rooting' Xolo play 8x-1100', but rooting is one of the key factors for considering this phone. So I'd just like some help.

Please help me through this :)

CPU speed - not much difference
    higher PPI or higher resolution = higher battery consumtion. on a 5' device you can't make out much diff between a HD screen and FHD screen. I will go with 1100
    1100 is very slim and very light weight .... most of my friends were amazed to have this power house in their hand and it's got premium looks
    expandable storage is very important, it's one of the main reason i bought it bcoz i have 32 gb class 10 sd card
    1100 has a smart flip cover which is magnetic built and works with hall sensor in the phone. there are many functions with this cover. its functionality is same as Galaxy S4. This covers are very costly compared to normal covers.
    1200 has Li-ion battery whereas 1100 has Li-Poly battery. Li-Poly batteries are wery light weight and costly compared to cheap and heavy Li-ion
    1100 has steel black color in front which blends amazingly with the screen. the design and looks are premium
    Rooting is very imp for me as well and waiting eagerly for root ...... having patience as the device is still new, let's see.
    Finally rooted my xolo play 8x 1100.

Namaste, abhishek here.

i have finally rooted my phone.
    i followed the procedure for rooting it from this video.
    search for this.

How to Root every MTK China Phone - Readback With SP-Flash - Root + CWM on INEW V8

some tips

first of all i am not responsible for you bricking your phone.
    see the video five times at least, it looks simple but will take time to do.

you need to download
    the following (i have tried to attach the ones i could find. )

adb driver - the computer uses this to connect to the phone when the phone is switched on and connected to the pc.

you need the com driver i have supplied it here.

i have a few tips -
    if you are on windows 8. Then switch of device driver digital signing off. please google how to do it.

when you are using the flash tool. ( have attached)

go to options in the flash tool and change the setting from auto detect to without battery.( this helps).

i have attached the address of the cache. (txt file)

also have attached the modified recovery img. (if your cache address is the same then i would have saved you a lot of trouble).

but take a back up of your phone.

please check the video.

regards.

all the best.