• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[REQUETE] [APP] DLNA and Nexus one

Search This thread

asci

Aug 9, 2004
Troia
www.cibellieguadagno.it
Hi all,
I tried to install DlnaService.apk from Acer Liquid. All went fine but the moment I tried to share content with my Plasma Samsung 8, even if it recognized my Nexus, it wasn't able to share content.
Anyone had a similar experience?

Attachments

• DlnaService.apk
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,259
Last edited:

scote

Mar 30, 2007
twonky server works with my samsung only tried pics and music so far, I expect it will be fussy with vids though due to codec support in my tv.
might also work with ps3 dlna too, probably better codec support on that

just fire up the app and press the source/input on your tv remote and it shows up in the menu.
instant android media server

obviously you need both devices on the same network
very cool - no config

irajames1176

Jan 17, 2010
Alaska
Works with the PS3! Wow this is awesome, I'm streaming my mp3s from my Nexus One as I type this =]

Edit: Also works with pictures on the PS3, I don't have any vids on my Nexus or I'd try that also.

Last edited:

mikebeatrice

Jan 13, 2010
I tried out Twonky Mobile going to a WD TV Live and audio, video and music all worked just fine. Pretty nice little app, actually. Quick and easy way to show some pics you've snapped on your phone.

thangnh

Mar 17, 2010
Hi,
I'm wondering if the opposite is OK. I mean I want to use my Nexus One to access my DLNA server (Buffalo LinkStation NAS) to pull contents from there and play on N1. Is there any workable solution? Thank you.

ikon8

Feb 23, 2010
L.A.
Hi,
I'm wondering if the opposite is OK. I mean I want to use my Nexus One to access my DLNA server (Buffalo LinkStation NAS) to pull contents from there and play on N1. Is there any workable solution? Thank you.

I'm looking for something like this too. I have a ****load of stuff on my nas with a dlna server on it, I'd like to be able to connect to it from my phone to listen to my vast music collection.

subramanianv

May 23, 2010
I am also interested in some kind of a dlna player app, which plays music and videos out of my buffalo NAS (now it is trying to download instead of streaming).

UNICORN025

Jun 28, 2009
search the market for vlc stream works great with vlc and now i can stream my movies in any format to my nexus one works great, so for ive stream movies in avi,dvix,mkv they all work great have not tryed music yet.

mik101

Jul 13, 2010
search the market for vlc stream works great with vlc and now i can stream my movies in any format to my nexus one works great, so for ive stream movies in avi,dvix,mkv they all work great have not tryed music yet.

Andromote has a local player built in. It sees my Xtreamer Mk1 set top box but I can't play anything from it.

Also, this DNLA client above isn't seen by my Xtreamer. I blame the crappy UPNP implementation of the Xtreamer. :( Seems to work right on the Nexus one with my PC though. :)

Back to running a Samba server on the Nexus for accessing my things from the Xtreamer. Atleast that works great!

happyppn

Feb 9, 2010
www.ppn.ir
Works with the PS3! Wow this is awesome, I'm streaming my mp3s from my Nexus One as I type this =]

Edit: Also works with pictures on the PS3, I don't have any vids on my Nexus or I'd try that also.
I've tested it on my nexus one and my ps3. Mp3 and Pictures were good but videos not . I couldn't manage to run videos larger than 5 mb .
Some large Mp3s were also crappy .

joshuas_79

Aug 4, 2007
Cordoba

I spent the whole sunday trying to get it work, but I didn't get it, I followed the guide from the site but no way. I get connected, but no video is showed..

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

heyredy141

Aug 28, 2010
Vancouver, BC
I have this app running but it works only as long as the screen is on. When the phone goes to sleep the app cuts out as well though I have my WIFI settings to be Always ON. Is there a way to have the app running though the phone goes to sleep?