Resco Explorer 2010 Beta availlable

Search This thread

resco

Jan 8, 2008
We would like to introduce you to the new Beta version of the Resco Explorer 2010.This version takes all the good ideas from the previous build and adds something new. Some of the features bellow will be added during the Beta stage.

What will be new or improved:

• Thumbnails of pictures in Thumbnails view
  • Supported all the formats that Photo Viewer supports
  • If Photo Viewer is installed, working and displaying thumbnails is much quicker
  • Upload to social networks (twitter, facebook, picasa, flickr)
  • Fixed registry import/export
  • Favorites will be reachable from Menu
  • Send to (mainly via Bluetooth) will be improved
  • and other fixes...

You can download the installation file from this website.

EleCtrOx666

Aug 6, 2009
Here's a screenshot :
screen002e.png

Quite the same layout, but I think it's smoother than the older one.

benko286

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 2, 2008
Croatia, Zagreb
Too bad GUI is same..problem is that icons(folders) are too big..I really love the size of menus/files/filders in stock wm6.5 fexplore!

solidpowder

Jul 15, 2008
This is made for WM 6.1, on 6.5 half bottom bar is hidden by the shorcut (I never use it, so I remove it via options).
Very fast and smooth, opening Windows folder is faster (not a lot, but ...)

P

pongothemagnificent

Same UI...bleh...lost a bit of intrest, but il try it anyways.

jmckeejr

Aug 11, 2008
Altoona, Pa
www.mckeeflooring.com
I would assume that all previous skins should work with this new version? Also, when I install it says resco Explorer 2008, not 2010(beta). Just hope I got the right version. I was wondering when there would be some updates to it, I use 2008 version exclusively and love it.

acc49ers

Nov 21, 2008
I would assume that all previous skins should work with this new version? Also, when I install it says resco Explorer 2008, not 2010(beta). Just hope I got the right version. I was wondering when there would be some updates to it, I use 2008 version exclusively and love it.

I noticed that the version number is wrong too, but it's 2010 beta. Make sure it has the new features like sending pics to social sites, and the thumbnails view, etc.

Ceed19

Oct 27, 2009
cant send multiple files in email

Anyone else have this issue? I have this issue in the old version as well as this beta. If I select several image files and then send to email nothing happens, if I send one file it opens the mail client with the file attached and everything as it should be.

Also in the photo viewer, the old version same issue with multiple files, but on the beta version of the new photo viewer selecting multiple files and sending them via email works

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
No but you can install "PositionFix" that does the trick. Its a shame they haven't really updated much. Being Optimistic, at least I didn't have to buy new versions for 2 years.

I'm really surprised we haven't seen hardly any activity over at Resco with their Explorer app in years. 2008 is still pretty buggy and far from perfect. Perhaps all the hype about Microsoft Phone's finally having a Marketplace app to get the word out to those who otherwise probably wouldn't have found/downloaded it.

RobRedbeard

Feb 20, 2009
Tianjin, China
Too bad GUI is same..problem is that icons(folders) are too big..I really love the size of menus/files/filders in stock wm6.5 fexplore!

It REALLY depends. I bought it because of the interface. I currently don't use any more functionality in it (although I could I guess) than I did in the stock explorer. I bought it because the stock buttons were too small on my Diamond 2's little screen and resco explorer was super easy to use because of it's large interface.

I recommend a scaling slider for users. That way on my D2 I could make it bigger and on my HD I could make it a little smaller and show more information. Cheers Resco!

Rob

TTJB

Sep 21, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Does anyone know how to make this the default explorer? When I first downloaded this to my phone it became the default and something happened and now it isn't. Thanks for help.

May 19, 2008
Blue tool file transfer

Did anyone try out the blue tooth file transfer on a Touch Pro2 ?
I recall that resco explorer 2008 had problems detecting the blue tooth device on the touch pro 2.

rbrsddn

Jul 20, 2008
I downloaded the 2010 version of Resco Explorer, tried to open it, and got an error message saying not a valid pocket PC app. Any way to make it work? Release date is 2010.

barty22

Jan 4, 2008
I downloaded the 2010 version of Resco Explorer, tried to open it, and got an error message saying not a valid pocket PC app. Any way to make it work? Release date is 2010.

Lol, you probably downloaded the .exe file which you need to run on your PC, while having an activesync connection with your phone. You can also download .cab files which you can run on your phone to install.

BTW, the final version of Resco Explorer 2010 is also available, download the trial from Resco: http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/