Reset binary counter

Search This thread

delza_6170

Nov 16, 2011
Hey guys, my phone will not recognize my sim card, my IMEI number will not show up either or bluetooth address or the IMEI SV, it tired to restore it from my EFS backup and that still did not help the situation. Only my WiFi works. Now I need to give it in for warranty, I have ordered a JIG off ebay however I read that the JIG may not reset my binary count. Now I have two options, install the old bootloader or use triangle away app

Which option would be safer??

Thanks

Sun90

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 1, 2011
MYSORE - KARNATAKA - INDIA
Hey guys, my phone will not recognize my sim card, my IMEI number will not show up either or bluetooth address or the IMEI SV, it tired to restore it from my EFS backup and that still did not help the situation. Only my WiFi works. Now I need to give it in for warranty, I have ordered a JIG off ebay however I read that the JIG may not reset my binary count. Now I have two options, install the old bootloader or use triangle away app

Thanks

using 'Triangle Away' app is the better option compared to the 'old bootloader flash' one ma8:)

as messing up with bootlader might even Brick ur phone for sure:)

Reactions: delza_6170

king_below_my_lord

Dec 2, 2012
Thrissur,Kerela

Thanks

Installing the old boot loader won't remove the flash counts, it only removes the yellow triangle as the phone detects it as samsung signed or a secure kernel, triangle away can reset the count and trick the phone into thinking your phone has official firmware. Also a usb jig can do the same and as Sun90 said old bootloader restore is indeed quite risky.

Using GT - I9100
I thank those who give helpful comments
I expect the same from others.

Reactions: delza_6170

delza_6170

Nov 16, 2011
Installing the old boot loader won't remove the flash counts, it only removes the yellow triangle as the phone detects it as samsung signed or a secure kernel, triangle away can reset the count and trick the phone into thinking your phone has official firmware. Also a usb jig can do the same and as Sun90 said old bootloader restore is indeed quite risky.

Using GT - I9100

But I read somewhere that the USB JIG does not reset the binary count on the new bootloader. Is that correct?

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
1) Flashing the old bootloader is no more risky than flashing anything else; ergo, any/every Odin flash you do runs the (normally very small risk) of bricking your phone. But it is a very small risk.

2) If you do flash the old bootloader, the jig should reset the flash counter and remove the triangle.

3) You are correct, a jig does not reset the flash counter with recent bootloaders (I've tried this myself).

4) Using Triangle Away also carries the very small risk of something going wrong.

So essentially, it's a coin flip as to how you do it. They're as 'safe' as each other.

Take your pick.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

using 'Triangle Away' app is the better option compared to the 'old bootloader flash' one ma8:)

as messing up with bootlader might even Brick ur phone for sure:)

Thanks

Using GT - I9100
    Yes usb jigs doesn't work on jb kernels it will work on ics and lower kernels.

The working of the JIG is related to the bootloader not the kernel.