<RESOLVED> [HELP]N7100_IMEI 0049xx_SN 0000.._Service State "out of service"

Search This thread
<RESOLVED> [HELP]N7100_IMEI 0049xx_SN 0000.._Service State "out of service"

Hi Guys. I got this issue after upgrading my Note II to the latest OMEGA ROM v17. After doing the upgrade I was able to use it for a couple of hours and then I realized though there is a signal I am not receiving any internet data (internet icon was gone). I restarted the phone, switch to flight mode back and forth, switch on/off data, but still no luck. I soon realized also that I am not receiving any SMS or call. I thought it was just my carrier so I called them and made a complaint like hell. They said that my line should be fine. From there I started reading for all possible reasons why I am getting this issue. I then found out that my IMEI that is showing on the phone is different on the sticker attached on the battery compartment. Serial number on the phone is 000000000. Service state is "Out of service" though it detects from which network my SIM is. I have tried to flash different custom ROMs and several stock ROMs, but with no go. Tried also different methods on restoring EFS and still no luck. Stupid me, I don't have any backup EFS file or a copy of a nand backup. I was able to get out of the factory mode, wifi and everything else are working except for not receiving any call or SMS because of the bad IMEI, SN, and the Service state "Out of service". I have read some fixes on other threads from a different android phones, but with no avail in fixing mine. I know there's a lot of thread of the same issue, but I want to create my own so I can make sure that people who got ideas on how to fix this is just referring to my "own" issue which will be easier for me to monitor the thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-09-18-20-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-09-18-20-08.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 3,501
Last edited:
So I have tried the following:

- flashed different custom ROMs - no good
- flashed several stock ROMs - no good
- tried EFS Professional.exe - no good
- tried N7100_EFS_Backup_Restore_WIN - no good
- tried ARIZAPatch.apk - no good
- tried SGS tools - no good
- tried com.helroz.GSII_Repair_102.apk - no good
- tried NV-items_reader_writer.exe - I don't know how to make it work

- restored old EFS Backup - no good

- able to find an old NANDroid backup (when it was still working before), flashed it - no good

Last edited:

aaleo

Mar 9, 2011
Tula
move the following files in a backup folder somewhere to your internal SD card
.nv_core.bak,
.nv_core.bak.md5,
.nv_data.bak,
.nv_data.bak.md5,
nv_data.bin,
nv_data.bin.md5
moving them they will be deleted from the efs folder

Reboot.

Now you will have the generic IMEI.

move the following files in a backup folder somewhere to your internal SD card
.nv_core.bak,
.nv_core.bak.md5,
.nv_data.bak,
.nv_data.bak.md5,
nv_data.bin,
nv_data.bin.md5
moving them they will be deleted from the efs folder

Reboot.

Now you will have the generic IMEI.

I have tried that method but it just made my note2 switch to factory mode. Sorry to ask but have you tried that method on your own or you just copy pasted that from somewhere showing that you're willing to help but no certainty if that really works or will just mess up something?

aaleo

Mar 9, 2011
Tula
I did it. I did not have IMEI (0000000000) I think you can help it. The last thing that comes to mind to flash the original firmware from sammobile.com through odin.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

You can restore files via adb
Code:
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /efs
cp /mnt/sdcard/.nv_core.bak /efs/.nv_core.bak
cp /mnt/sdcard/.nv_core.bak.md5 /efs/.nv_core.bak.md5
cp /mnt/sdcard/.nv_data.bak /efs/.nv_data.bak
cp /mnt/sdcard/.nv_data.bak.md5 /efs/.nv_data.bak.md5
cp /mnt/sdcard/nv_data.bin /efs/nv_data.bin
cp /mnt/sdcard/nv_data.bin.md5 /efs/nv_data.bin.md5

I did it. I did not have IMEI (0000000000) I think you can help it. The last thing that comes to mind to flash the original firmware from sammobile.com through odin.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

You can restore files via adb
Code:
adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 /efs
cp /mnt/sdcard/.nv_core.bak /efs/.nv_core.bak
cp /mnt/sdcard/.nv_core.bak.md5 /efs/.nv_core.bak.md5
cp /mnt/sdcard/.nv_data.bak /efs/.nv_data.bak
cp /mnt/sdcard/.nv_data.bak.md5 /efs/.nv_data.bak.md5
cp /mnt/sdcard/nv_data.bin /efs/nv_data.bin
cp /mnt/sdcard/nv_data.bin.md5 /efs/nv_data.bin.md5

Just tried original firmware but same thing. I am getting frustrated now..

hagba

Nov 9, 2008
Yerevan
find someone who has a SGN2 ,back up the image of efs partition 20mb , open it with a compiler on your pc, change the IMEI to same as yours on the box , recompile and restore.

Last edited:
Read this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2332913

The Stability update on which is based the rom has some changes in the kernel and the efs folder. Maybe that thread can help you out....hope it does....:good:

Done with this with no luck.

Just wondering, did you tried Kies Emergency restore???

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Not sure how to do that, never use Kies before

find someone who has a SGN2 ,back up the image of efs partition 20mb , open it with a compiler on your pc, change the IMEI to same as yours on the box , recompile and restore.

Like what I have said, found an old backup of mine and it doesn't work. So it's pointless to try this.

I was sleepless (haha) trying to find solution for this. I came across this site and tried the app there. But as you can see on the image below, the button to change the IMEI is grayed out. There is not clear instructions on the site so it is kinda hard what to do in times like that. The app might be for a specific device but if it recognized the IMEI on my phone then it should be able to change it.

Attachments

• mktool.JPG
    mktool.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 786

Top Liked Posts