* Resolved* Need Help with FRP binary lock

Search This thread

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Flashed the Moar rom and all was working fine until I turned off the OEM Unlocked and then rebooted the next day.
Now I all I can get is the download mode. Tried flashing the rom, TWRP, Stock tar rom with Odin. And get nothing but failed. Called Sammy customer support and all they would say is they don't support custom roms. I am downloading Kies 3 to see that will work. So whatever you do, don't turn off the OEM Unlock or you are screwed.
Unless someone can help it looks like I will have pay full price for a new phone.

See post #3

Last edited:

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Resolved Custom Binary(Boot) Blocked FRP Lock

After much research and finding nothing for the Note5. I did find a post related to the T-Mobile SG6 that several were able to fix this problem by flashing the Srock tar... My problem was I found a link to the previous OGD tar. Flashing this failed because I was on 016, not OGD. Once I downloaded and flashed using Odin 3.06... I lost root and TWRP recovery. Then I flashed TWRP using Odin and then using recovery I was able to restore a previous saved rooted rom. So my phone is back to normal.

WARNING! do not turn off OEM Unlock or USB Debugging or might run into the same problem. I did not know this options are tied to the custom recovery. I would like to kick the Samsung tech... in the a$$ for not just telling me this rather than saying there was nothing they could/would do. Even if I paid for the repair!

If this had not worked I was looking at 839.00 dollars for a new phone. This was the most serious brick I have ever run into...

Many thanks to Moar for an Awesome rom.

winnainghein

Dec 15, 2015
Easy for u , I have the same problem like u . After rooted and installed the super su , I restarted my note 5 . After that screen had been blocked by FRP lock , however I tried I can go to recovery mode so I used with Odin to install the new firmware but FRP lock still blocked the installation. So I'm thinking how to do , at last time I tried with Samsung Kies . Just simple go to Tools ... firmware upgrade and installation and will ask and fill for yr Phone type and S/N ( can find yr phone back ) and go to recovery mode yr phone and automatically download the firmware will install the new firmware.

timberwolf671

Jun 11, 2009
Easy for u , I have the same problem like u . After rooted and installed the super su , I restarted my note 5 . After that screen had been blocked by FRP lock , however I tried I can go to recovery mode so I used with Odin to install the new firmware but FRP lock still blocked the installation. So I'm thinking how to do , at last time I tried with Samsung Kies . Just simple go to Tools ... firmware upgrade and installation and will ask and fill for yr Phone type and S/N ( can find yr phone back ) and go to recovery mode yr phone and automatically download the firmware will install the new firmware.
It's not installing new firmware that will work. But using Odin to install a stock ROM tar of the same version your phone was on at the time of the FRP. I hope u already found this out and back to working again. If a different method worked for u then please tell us it here so others may be able to resolve their FRP lock.
Thanks

Edit: What combo of buttons are using to get into the download mode. I used vol. down, home and power. Sometimes it wouldn't work, the phone would try a normal boot. Just try again.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Already answered. Flash back to the stock firmware with odin and you can oemunlock again.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone