[Resources] Flashing your First GSM Raphael Rom (For Noobs)

Search This thread

kona88

Oct 27, 2007
Sorry for the newb quesion, but I can't seem to find an answer. Do I need to reflash Hardspl every time I want to flash a new rom, or can I just flash the new rom without hardspl after I did it the first time?

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Sorry for the newb quesion, but I can't seem to find an answer. Do I need to reflash Hardspl every time I want to flash a new rom, or can I just flash the new rom without hardspl after I did it the first time?
lol ok you either didnt read the beginning of the tutorial or its not clear enough to understand :p I will make it more clearer for future reference.

[FONT=&quot]From the tutorial:
*ONCE YOU HAVE FLASHED A HARDSPL YOU DONT NEED TO DO IT AGAIN UNLESS YOU WANT TO REVERT TO STOCK SPL*
[/FONT]

RezzZ

Aug 28, 2008
The Hague
2. Once the phone is done flashing and it is booting up, we are sopposed to HARD RESET when we get to the Stylus Config part?...I didnt know that...ive read some other tutorials, and this step isnt included? o_O?
I also read this in the Elite ROM topic, but can anyone explain to me why I need to hard reset the device? clearly it's allready been reset as I need to reconfigure the stylus and I end up with a clean rom without any mail/sms and programs. Why reset the device again?

Also, I've never removed my sim and or msd card while flashing. No problems so far.... Why should we remove these cards before flashing?

Just trying to understand :)

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
I also read this in the Elite ROM topic, but can anyone explain to me why I need to hard reset the device? clearly it's allready been reset as I need to reconfigure the stylus and I end up with a clean rom without any mail/sms and programs. Why reset the device again?

Also, I've never removed my sim and or msd card while flashing. No problems so far.... Why should we remove these cards before flashing?

Just trying to understand :)
The steps you questioned are not essential and 90% of the time will have no impact on the flash but are are recommended for extra safety. I will explain:

Most Roms clear all the memory after flashing which is the same as a Hard Reset but the one you choose to flash might not and an extra Hard Reset is always recommended to make sure you start with a fresh clean Rom. It just makes sure that everything has been wiped and nothing is left hanging around. I would always Hard Reset after flashing anyway just to be safe.

Removing your Sim Card has been recommended just in case after you finish flashing and the Rom is going through the setup stage, you get a call or text that interferes and might cause problems.

Similarly removing the microSD Card isnt essential but just stops anything that might be hanging around on your card from being installed after a flash by accident.

Its always better to be safe and do everything possible to protect your phone when flashing. Hope that cleared everything up for you :)

Last edited:

moniter

Nov 20, 2008
Here is another non computer guy noob question for ya. I downloaded a new rom. Thanks NATF. However my computer does not recognize the .rar file and won't open it. What do I need to do about this so I can get going? Hard Spl has been flashed so im otherwise ready to rock.

sunil23

Feb 25, 2006
Are you asking what a rar file is? Rar is just another way to compress files, much like a zip file. Download winrar to extract the contents of the rar file and you'll be ready to go!

Here is another non computer guy noob question for ya. I downloaded a new rom. Thanks NATF. However my computer does not recognize the .rar file and won't open it. What do I need to do about this so I can get going? Hard Spl has been flashed so im otherwise ready to rock.

moniter

Nov 20, 2008
Thanks for the excellent walk through on flashing mskip. You, along with my new ROM (NATF v2.1) saved me from throwing my Fuze in the trash. The basic operations are quick as hell now. Can't wait to see if web browsing was sped up.

GreenSaints

Nov 23, 2008
Peterborough
Stupid Vodafone

Hi,

Thanks for this brilliant step by step guide - I was a bit scared in places, but it's not bricked which is the main thing!

The reason for my reply - is that I flashed my TouchPro with the wonder Elite ROM (which I will donate to! ;) ) and it's great no problems except..................THAT STUPID VODAFONE START UP GIF STILL APPEARS!!! :mad:

It has dissappeared on exit though - which is weird.

Any ideas please?

Thank you

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Thanks for the excellent walk through on flashing mskip. You, along with my new ROM (NATF v2.1) saved me from throwing my Fuze in the trash. The basic operations are quick as hell now. Can't wait to see if web browsing was sped up.
Ur welcome mate glad I could save ur phone from being trashed lol :p

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Hi,

Thanks for this brilliant step by step guide - I was a bit scared in places, but it's not bricked which is the main thing!

The reason for my reply - is that I flashed my TouchPro with the wonder Elite ROM (which I will donate to! ;) ) and it's great no problems except..................THAT STUPID VODAFONE START UP GIF STILL APPEARS!!! :mad:

It has dissappeared on exit though - which is weird.

Any ideas please?

Thank you
I have loads of ideas lol :p

If you mean the first screen that pops up when you turn your phone on then thats called the splash screen.

You can change it to any image you want to. Go *HERE* and follow the instructions in the guide to make a file that you flash to update the splash screen.

If you would like me to make something up for you then drop me a pm :)

metwally

Nov 25, 2008
I made a Disaster I think :((((((((

Help :)
I'm from Egypt,
I got a file from another site that same one as your for the hard SPL, BUT, they didn't mention that it is only for GSM, SOoo, I Flashed the Hard SPL.
the boot loader now shows:
Raph100
SPL-1.90.OliNex
MicroP-Raph (LED) v13
MicroP-Raph (Key) v5
PSOC-Raph STAGE_CVT v0x36

The Phon i Have is
HTC Touch Pro Model T7272
---------
I got this phone just Yesterday - I know it simply is out of waranty now, OK for me, but the point now:
if this is the wrong Hard Spl, can i re-flash the right one :(
Please assist.
I can see on the Box of the Phone:
Network: HSPA/WCDMA

Am I dead Now??? :(

nthdgreee

Jan 23, 2007
Great tutorial, thank you.
I had one question on your note:

NOTE 2: Anyone having problems with the device entering SSPL automatically, please copy SSPLManual.exe from the download to the device and run it. Once the screen is black, run RUU manually from the PC.

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "...problems with the device entering SSPL automatically.." What is SSPL, and at what point should the device enter that automatically?

Thank you.

kaioshin805

Nov 16, 2008
I just got the att fuze and its awesome. So I tried to install RaphaelHardSPL (I dont need to configure anything before hand right? [tho i did install TF3D edit]) and when the screen goes black the program stops and says that the phone is no longer connected via usb and that I need to check my connection.

Any suggestions? THX

Luzie

Nov 24, 2008
No image file on 1.90.OliNex while flashing from SDCard

[FONT=&quot]
Flashing Via MicroSD Card
4. Copy the RAPHIMG.nbh file to your microSD Card.
...HARD RESET
[/FONT]

Well. I crashed my german o2 Diamond Pro Raphael yesterday while flashing "RaphaelReconstructedHTC_1.90.407.4_GER.rar" found elsewhere. Now my Raphael only boots to the boot logo and than it hangs (forever). (I also made HTCSplash to alter the boot-logo, but this worked fine. The crash came after I flashed the "RaphaelReconstructedHTC_1.90.407.4_GER.rar".

Bootload ist shown as 1.90.OliNex, but when I try to reanimate my Raphael with Flash-from-SDCard everytime I just see the message "No image file". I think I have a right RAPHIMG.nbh on my SDCard. What could be wrong ?

Regards,

Luzie

Last edited:

The J-Man

Oct 19, 2008
Just got my Fuze today. Thank you for this tutorial. I can't wait to really dig in to this community.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will Flashing my ROM remove Windows Mobile and tf3d? Or is it just like upgrading a BIOS/Kernal on a computer?

but you should look for the rom you want to install.. many of the developers who cook together roms usualy makes the rom faster by deleting stuff and adding tweaks.. most of the raphael rom from most of the developers do contain tf3d.. just read through some of the threads of roms you find and chose the one you would like.. you could always change rom if there is some you dont like..- but do read the first page of this thread to be aware of the prosess...