[Resources] Rhodium GSM Radio Collection - Latest: 4.49.25.95 added July 2010

Search This thread

hefman

May 21, 2006
CDMA is all that U.S. stuff? GSM all the other?

No. GSM/CDMA is the band your carrier uses. It is carrier dependent, not country dependent. US has both CDMA and GSM carriers, as does Europe, I believe. Usually, GSM devices require a SIM card, although some dual band phones also use a SIM card. My guess is yours is GSM, but if you post your carrier, that might help.

K

key-seven

Usually, GSM devices require a SIM card, although some dual band phones also use a SIM card. My guess is yours is GSM, but if you post your carrier, that might help.

Look under the battery of your device and post the model number. It will be RHODxxx where xxx is a three digit number. This will tell us whether you use a CMDA device or GSM device.

My Carrier is O² Germany (I am using a SIM-Card).
My Toch Pro 2 has no branding (soft- or hardware), no SIM-Lock.
The model number code says RHOD100.

Thank you guys for being so kind.

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
My Carrier is O² Germany (I am using a SIM-Card).
My Toch Pro 2 has no branding (soft- or hardware), no SIM-Lock.
The model number code says RHOD100.

Thank you guys for being so kind.

RHOD100 is a GSM model. You are able to flash any GSM radio or ROM. Just make sure you use Hard SPL first. This is what allows you to flash anything other than the stock ROM for your device.

also1989

Aug 28, 2009
Athens
faster data

hi, i have the latest (i think) radio installed (flashed, if u will) on my tp2 (GSM) and i'd like to know if there was any tweak or modification i could do to make my phone faster data wise??
i just want to know if it's possible to tweak the device so it could load pages in opera faster, download my tweeter feed faster, etc... both on wifi and data.
thnx.

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
hi, i have the latest (i think) radio installed (flashed, if u will) on my tp2 (GSM) and i'd like to know if there was any tweak or modification i could do to make my phone faster data wise??
i just want to know if it's possible to tweak the device so it could load pages in opera faster, download my tweeter feed faster, etc... both on wifi and data.
thnx.

The radio doesn't control your data speed. Your carrier does that. You could try flashing a different radio until you get one you like. For me, the stock T-Mobile radio functions best. If you are flashing custom ROMs, the chef will normally recommend a radio to go with the ROM that is paired with the same rilphone.

also1989

Aug 28, 2009
Athens
u are right, what i wanted to ask was if i could do anything to my phone so i could reduce the ping of my network, or of my wifi??
"ping" is the number that someone gets in a latency test.

rkub

Apr 26, 2008
So Cal
Ahh, thanks! I couldn't find it by myself :p and now it is clear which radio I need (which I asked about earlier, but nobody could answer me). :)

It seems for O2 Germany, 4.49.25.91 is the latest and hopefully greatest. :p

Ya that's the problem tho... Even tho it's the latest, doesn't mean it's the greatest... That's why people say to try out all the radios and see which works best for you... It can also be rom dependent as some chefs cook in the rilphone.dll... Even tho that's the latest and greatest you might still want to try out the other radios, might get better signal or battery life or gps...

Ya that's the problem tho... Even tho it's the latest, doesn't mean it's the greatest... That's why people say to try out all the radios and see which works best for you... It can also be rom dependent as some chefs cook in the rilphone.dll... Even tho that's the latest and greatest you might still want to try out the other radios, might get better signal or battery life or gps...
Of course you are right. I'm downloading the ROM right now and hopefully it will fix one issue I noticed - it appears with the other radio (4.49.25.88) I don't get the home zone anymore.

...hmm, and with the new version neither. I wonder if it's the phone. :eek:

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
Of course you are right. I'm downloading the ROM right now and hopefully it will fix one issue I noticed - it appears with the other radio (4.49.25.88) I don't get the home zone anymore.

...hmm, and with the new version neither. I wonder if it's the phone. :eek:

If you have trouble with the recommended radio for the ROM you flashed, then try flashing back to the stock radio and seeing if that helps any. For me, the best radio is the stock T-Mobile radio of 4.49.25.57. The later ones give me awful GPS and wifi performance.

selcukgumus

Mar 3, 2011
Istanbul
sorry, my english not good.

my TP2 rhod500 verizon but flashing GSM rom ( Mighty ROM). radio version of my rhod500 = 1.88.07WV

Which I need to install?

mccune

Nov 21, 2005
www.mccune.nl
I don't know that radio version. Isn't your device CDMA?
In that case you can/should never flash a radio from the first post.
THIS page makes me believe that the Mighty ROM is actually CDMA ROM.

qbom

May 3, 2007
Lagos
4.49.25.95 (AT&T) with Vodafone Portugal

Hi

Can i use Radio Version: in a ROM Version 1.86.410.0 (67102)PTG with Vodafone Portugal.

Thank´s in advance
Jorge

qbom

May 3, 2007
Lagos
Isn't Vodafone a CDMA carrier? If you try to flash any CDMA radio onto a GSM device, you'll end up with a nice, expensive paperweight.

Hi

Vodafone Portugal is a GSM Carrier, i ask if i can flash the 4.49.25.95 (AT&T) radio (Is this radio GSM or CDMA) in my phone?

Thanks
Jorge

monomer888

Sep 20, 2009
All the radios in this thread are GSM ones. I've used several different ones in my Rhodium in the UK (including the AT&T ones) without much problem. The 'best' radio firmware really depends on your individual mobile network and location and it's a process of trying a few out and seeing which is best for you.

Note that the radio firmware may also affect how well the wifi and GPS works too, so it may take a bit of a trial to see which one fits you best.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your "Rhodeum Radios" appears to be empty. Folder name also contains a typo. Should be "Rhodium Radios".

Updated first post and cleaned non working URL's.

Corrected and link, should work now
    http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/27735927/c90c5f96/sharing.html#dir=35929940
    Rhodium (Touch Pro2) Radio's

Version: 3.44.25.27 (HTC)
    Download from: Rapidshare or 4shared

Version: 3.45.25.14 (AT&T, T-Mobile)
    Download from: 4shared or 4shared

Version: 3.46.25.18 (HTC)
    Download from: 4shared

Version: 3.46.25.30 (HTC)

Version: 4.46.25.24 (HTC)

Version: 4.47.25.24 (AT&T, T-Mobile)

Version: 4.48.25.20 (AT&T, T-Mobile)

Version: 4.49.25.05 (HTC)

Version: 4.49.25.17 (HTC)

Version: 4.49.25.57 (HTC, T-Mobile)

Version: 4.49.25.88 (HTC, T-Mobile)
    Download from: Rapidshare or 4shared or 4shared

Version: 4.49.25.91

Version: 4.49.25.77 (Telstra, Australia)
    Download from: Rapidshareor 4shared

> > Current latest release - posted July 2010 < <
    Version: 4.49.25.95
    Download from: 4shared*
    * The filename in this package says it's radio 4.48.25.95 but it IS 4.49.25.95.
    &
    Version: 4.49.25.94 (Brightstar)

If you want to check the radio region have a look at the WiKi HERE.

Thanks to:
    HTCPedia for sharing their info and links.
    wpbear for providing 4shared mirrors.
    Pumpiron579 for providing us with multiple radios and new mirrors, even in 2012 ;)
    tierecke for rapidshare mirror.
    All others who provided us with mirrors but who I forgot to mention.

Some files might contain the a file called "RILPHONE.DLL". Use this file at your own risk. Users have reported that it caused them to hard-reset their devices to obtain radio signal.

Flashing a Rhodium radio
    Follow the ROM flashing guide HERE, flashing a radio takes exactly the same steps. Most importantly, you will need HardSPL (read HERE) to flash Rhodium radios.
    Flashing a radio will not wipe your data but making a backup before flashing anything is always recommended.
    Security unlocking is not needed if you want to flash a Rhodium radio.

Flashing non-Rhodium (Topaz) radios
    If you have flashed HardSPL and want to flash Topaz radios, security unlocking is needed (see HERE).
    HardSPL does not security unlock your phone, so do not attempt to flash Topaz radios without security unlocking the phone.

Note: Radios for other models than Rhodium and Topaz will never work and should never be flashed.

Additional information
    An often mentioned file is rilphone.dll. This file interacts with your Radio and can make a difference in radio, GPS, battery performance and a couple of other things.
    This file cannot just be replaced by copying.

As it stands now, the only way to get a rilphone.dll to work properly in a ROM is by cooking it into the ROM.
    More information about this rilphone can be found HERE.
    New Rhodium radio 4.49.25.57 available at htcpedia!!

I thought XDA would have it first

Most users\visitors on HTCPedia people are also on XDA since they kinda split up... ...The 4.49.25.57 was already mentioned on the previous page.

The first post should be maintained by an active user I think. At0mang hasn't changed it for ages ;)
    srry imm a lil bit of a newb when it comes to radio's
    i downloaded the newest ATT Radio off rapidshare (ATT_Radio_Rhodium_4.49.25.95) and it turned out to be a .rar file. for some reason i cant seem to flash it onto my phone. even tryed chainging the name of the file to (RHODIMG.nbh) and tryed flashing again with no sucess. got an error message: Error File [240] : File Open.
    allso tryed flashing from memmory card. can someone assist me a lil bit plz

The *.nbh and RUU are inside the *.rar file. If you aren't familiar with compressed or zipped files, then you may want to do a bit more reading here in the forums before flashing your device. Most of the ROM, radios, and other things here will be zipped up like this as well. WinRAR or 7zip will be able to extract the files. 7zip is free and a bit more simple, in my opinion.
    The wiki page for the radio region has changed. The new page can be found Here