Respect the Developers

Search This thread

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Hey guys :) I've observed the DEV section recently. What I see is a lot of trolling, flamming, spamming and etc. That's out of my hands, 'cause if I try and tell them off, I would be contributing to the spam and trolling. Plus, stuff like that is usually between user and user. What REALLY pisses me off is that there are some users who actually have the balls to question and berate the DEVS themselves ! Imagine, these hardworking group of people, who have no obligation to us or duty to fulfill, are sacrificing their time, energy, money (electric bills don't pay themselves and PCs don't run on petrol :rolleyes: ) and resources to develop something for us to use from day to day. May I remind you that it is all free ? But what faith awaits these people ? Money ? Fame (yeah, well maybe a little :cool: ) ? Keys to a Ferrari ? NO. They are rewarded with demands and insults from normal users who do nothing to help ! I'm not a moderator, so I can't step up and do anything to these ungrateful b*startds. Not only that. While the devs are hard at work developing a new ROM or MOD, they expect to open up their threads, hoping for some useful bug reports. But no. What they do see is a bunch of ETA's, complaints and repeated questions. All I CAN do is sit and advice and advice and advice...but what I see is trolls and such have gotten bolder. Even I've lost my patience with these people and nowadays I tell it as it is. I know mods can't be here 24/7, so of coarse stuff like this is bound to happen. Hey, even they have lives. There are users who actually care and try to advice these trolls, like lucastan96, deedii, colossus and wilbso. Unfortunately, their time, effort and kindness too, as their words are falling on deaf ears now. So what do you guys think ? I want to know if you guys have any advice to contribute or any suggestions to give...from what i see, if this nonsense continues, development in the X8 forums will slowly become extinct...

P.S. No flamming, trolling or disrespecting here either :mad: ! And if you're one of the trolls, please don't waste your time clarifying of defending yourselves...no one wants to hear it...

lucastan96

Dec 9, 2011
Malacca
Well now! Nice words above, Rohin. I totally agree of what you are saying. Trolls, if you re-read all your posts carefully, those including stupid arguements and asking ETAs, you should realize you are scaring the developers away from our beloved forum. I am really very fed up with trolls here in the forum, except for one particular thread "Off Topic" thread created by moderator Zelendel. Guys, seriously, stop acting like kids begging people for some answers of something, especially in the dev forum. Or, you still want to say something that is TOO TOTALLY OFF TOPIC? The thread is there for you.

All I can say is you guys trolls just make me lost my appetite everyday.

Be wise, and rethink of the occasion when ICS was firstly ported to our phones by Troufiniou and other people. How is the thread being bombadded by those stupid trolls? (Just go see the thread, the one created by Rohin)

I dont mean to make the people here angry. All I want is to live in a peaceful and caring forum. So, guys, I had decided my birthday wish. I want all the trolls to take a vacation.

Sent From My W8 Using Tapatalk

B

B.Jay

Whoa... didn't take long to reach "enlightenment", RohinZaraki...

Well, welcome to the Zoo - where everyone seems to think we owe them something or we're somehow obligated to do as they say.

You better get used to the fact that they will never learn, simply out of the fact that the average age around here in this section seems to range between "still liquid" up to 14-16.

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011

Well, welcome to the Zoo - where everyone seems to think we owe them something or we're somehow obligated to do as they say.

You better get used to the fact that they will never learn, simply out of the fact that the average age around here in this section seems to range between "still liquid" up to 14-16.

Well im 15 and even i know these clowns are slave driving the devs...pisses me off to see it happen. And im just a user..cant imagine how the devs feel

Sent from my X8 using Tapatalk

lucastan96

Dec 9, 2011
Malacca
Well, at least themed ROMs are blocked now. Now you see there's less ROMs being released recently. Thanks go to Colossus for enforcing this great rule.

Reactions: ankitxperia

maliceomalice

Apr 26, 2011
Some people basically has never done charity work. They dont know how it feels to work their as* off for free.

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Ignoring is one thing...i mean, i could just ignore these retards and move on...but think of how the devs feel...thats what im poking at

Rahat34

Nov 28, 2011
Chandigarh
B.Jay is right and so was JahlovePL-in miui by jahlove,his last comment,he specified that this community cannot respect others work....devs feel bad...yeah they do....we can do nothing about it....only some members keep this community alive.....just think of them as positive side..:)

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Sticky or not, i know trolls wont take the time to read this abd even if they do, they'll just shrug it off...but it looks like the trolling and disrespecting has sloeed down these past few days

exebreez

Mar 5, 2011
NRW
Agree, too. Some devs leaved xda because of the idiots how dont
respect their work (Not in this section but in other devices).
Maybe dev section should be shut down for normal users and a dicussion thread for every rom could be started? Just an idea..

cascabel

May 27, 2012
a city in a galaxy far far away
Great thread. Haven't read much of those troll posts in dev section as I hang around in General and Q&A most of the time (don't know enough to be helpful to the devs). Hope the trolls read this and stop trolling. Maybe they'd realize what would happen without those devs. We owe those guys HUGE.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys :) I've observed the DEV section recently. What I see is a lot of trolling, flamming, spamming and etc. That's out of my hands, 'cause if I try and tell them off, I would be contributing to the spam and trolling. Plus, stuff like that is usually between user and user. What REALLY pisses me off is that there are some users who actually have the balls to question and berate the DEVS themselves ! Imagine, these hardworking group of people, who have no obligation to us or duty to fulfill, are sacrificing their time, energy, money (electric bills don't pay themselves and PCs don't run on petrol :rolleyes: ) and resources to develop something for us to use from day to day. May I remind you that it is all free ? But what faith awaits these people ? Money ? Fame (yeah, well maybe a little :cool: ) ? Keys to a Ferrari ? NO. They are rewarded with demands and insults from normal users who do nothing to help ! I'm not a moderator, so I can't step up and do anything to these ungrateful b*startds. Not only that. While the devs are hard at work developing a new ROM or MOD, they expect to open up their threads, hoping for some useful bug reports. But no. What they do see is a bunch of ETA's, complaints and repeated questions. All I CAN do is sit and advice and advice and advice...but what I see is trolls and such have gotten bolder. Even I've lost my patience with these people and nowadays I tell it as it is. I know mods can't be here 24/7, so of coarse stuff like this is bound to happen. Hey, even they have lives. There are users who actually care and try to advice these trolls, like lucastan96, deedii, colossus and wilbso. Unfortunately, their time, effort and kindness too, as their words are falling on deaf ears now. So what do you guys think ? I want to know if you guys have any advice to contribute or any suggestions to give...from what i see, if this nonsense continues, development in the X8 forums will slowly become extinct...

P.S. No flamming, trolling or disrespecting here either :mad: ! And if you're one of the trolls, please don't waste your time clarifying of defending yourselves...no one wants to hear it...
    Well now! Nice words above, Rohin. I totally agree of what you are saying. Trolls, if you re-read all your posts carefully, those including stupid arguements and asking ETAs, you should realize you are scaring the developers away from our beloved forum. I am really very fed up with trolls here in the forum, except for one particular thread "Off Topic" thread created by moderator Zelendel. Guys, seriously, stop acting like kids begging people for some answers of something, especially in the dev forum. Or, you still want to say something that is TOO TOTALLY OFF TOPIC? The thread is there for you.

All I can say is you guys trolls just make me lost my appetite everyday.

Be wise, and rethink of the occasion when ICS was firstly ported to our phones by Troufiniou and other people. How is the thread being bombadded by those stupid trolls? (Just go see the thread, the one created by Rohin)

I dont mean to make the people here angry. All I want is to live in a peaceful and caring forum. So, guys, I had decided my birthday wish. I want all the trolls to take a vacation.

Well im 15 and even i know these clowns are slave driving the devs...pisses me off to see it happen. And im just a user..cant imagine how the devs feel

Well, at least themed ROMs are blocked now. Now you see there's less ROMs being released recently. Thanks go to Colossus for enforcing this great rule.

I pity the moderators too. Dont you?

I do...but mods have the power to change things around here...all we can do is open up new threads after new threads trying to change people's mindsets...

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone