Restore paid watch faces after reset

Search This thread

dcvito

Mar 20, 2013
I realize that this is an old thread but I just swapped phones and upon restoring all of my watchfaces are gone (both free and paid). The backup was taken right before switching phones, and I have checked under My Page > All in the Galaxy Store (Oddly enough some apps are missing from there as well). Has anyone seen any other solutions to this issue?

dersie

Mar 26, 2011
Nancy, Lorraine
I realize that this is an old thread but I just swapped phones and upon restoring all of my watchfaces are gone (both free and paid). The backup was taken right before switching phones, and I have checked under My Page > All in the Galaxy Store (Oddly enough some apps are missing from there as well). Has anyone seen any other solutions to this issue?

If you use same Samsung Account you have all your previous faces (paid and free) in the "All" section on the Watch store on Any phone Any brand Any OS (but not Any country ;) ). Backup can restore automatically but even without backup all the faces (apps) stay on your watch store linked to your original account.

dcvito

Mar 20, 2013
If you use same Samsung Account you have all your previous faces (paid and free) in the "All" section on the Watch store on Any phone Any brand Any OS (but not Any country ;) ). Backup can restore automatically but even without backup all the faces (apps) stay on your watch store linked to your original account.

As i said, that's where I checked. They aren't there.

Diz1975

Jan 14, 2020
Hi,

After I've reset my Gear S3 I've noticed that my paid watch faces are gone. Is there any way to restore them?
Thank you.

I've had the same problem but compounded by the fact that I have a non-Samsung phone (never got on with them, Bixby, etc).* I haven't seen this specific answer yet so I'm sharing for non-samsung phone users.

I moved from a Pixel 2 to a Huawei phone, to resync and pair my Frontier S3 to the new phone I performed a reset and lost my paid for watch faces.

Finding them was not easy as the galaxy store apps aren't available (I think) but here is what worked for me.

• pair your watch & phone
  • install the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone
  • click on Discover on the bottom of the app (if you're not already on the right screen)
  • on top watch faces, click on view more
  • this appears to load up another app
  • then* click on the options (three lines) in the top right of the new app
  • some options will appear, watch faces, chart, apps, my apps, settings
  • click on my apps
  • then from the next screen click on All
  • Scroll through until you find your purchased watch face which should have a "purchased MM/DD/YYY" by it*
  • click on the download icon adjacent to it.

then follow any further prompts; this will download and install on your phone

I haven't found a simpler way to do this when on my non-samsung android phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You could try this:

On your phone, open galaxy apps, click top right and choose settings. Then choose receipt. It will show you all the paid apps and watchfaces you have purchased.

I'm not sure if you can install them again from there. But at least you have proof of purchase if you need to get in touch with the seller of the apps and watchfaces.

Instead of settings, you have to go into My Apps, and you'll see all the watch faces that you have bought. And yes you can install them again.
    You could try this:

On your phone, open galaxy apps, click top right and choose settings. Then choose receipt. It will show you all the paid apps and watchfaces you have purchased.

I'm not sure if you can install them again from there. But at least you have proof of purchase if you need to get in touch with the seller of the apps and watchfaces.
    On your phone, open Galaxy Apps icon, click top right and choose My apps. Then choose All. Choose Gear column. It will show you all the paid apps and watch faces you have purchased & allow you to reinstall any of them.
    I changed phone to note 8....and receipts and apps from previous phone are no longer to be found anywhere on gear app

any clue?

Gear app > Gear > 3 dots at top > My apps > All > Select what you want downloaded. I, too, am using a Note8.