Restore Stock google play store

Search This thread

xyzqwerty500

Oct 10, 2020
I have rooted my phone and was using greenify. I also greenified play services and so play store stopped working. So I uninstalled every google service/app.

How can I restore the stock play store and google services that came with phone? They are stored somewhere inside the phone I guess.

I have rooted my phone and was using greenify. I also greenified play services and so play store stopped working. So I uninstalled every google service/app.

How can I restore the stock play store and google services that came with phone? They are stored somewhere inside the phone I guess.
Download micro Gapps according to your phone's Android version and specifications.
Flash the downloaded zip using recovery and The problem is solved.

Thanks 😊

xyzqwerty500

Oct 10, 2020
@ai.Sanual Can I flash pico gapps for play store only? I just need google play store to install and update apps.

I don't need any background service. I will update them as and when needed.

Reactions: ai.Sanaul

xyzqwerty500

Oct 10, 2020
Download micro Gapps according to your phone's Android version and specifications.
Flash the downloaded zip using recovery and The problem is solved.

Thanks 😊
It failed with the following error as in screenshot. What to do? I am new to TWRP.
1660300013757.jpeg

It failed with the following error as in screenshot. What to do? I am new to TWRP.
View attachment 5683889
As it said failed to set-up open Gapps, there may be problem with TWRP. Please use latest TWRP recovery compatible with your phone and also confirm that you downloaded right zip file for your phone.

Drop Your Phone's specs so I can give you correct links.

Last edited:

xyzqwerty500

Oct 10, 2020
As it said failed to set-up open Gapps, there may be problem with TWRP. Please use latest TWRP recovery compatible with your phone and also confirm that you downloaded right zip file for your phone.

Samsung J2 Pro 2016 2GB Ram- Android 6. I used this Nano Gapps using install zip button in TWRP.
1660318645783.png

Samsung J2 Pro 2016 2GB Ram- Android 6. I used this Nano Gapps using install zip button in TWRP. View attachment 5684133
pico zip is correct but use this version of TWRP here

Also first root your phone by install Magisk v23 zip and then install the Magisk v23 apk file manually. (files attached below)

Then flash gapps zip, you can unroot after installation of gapps zip by tapping uninstall button in Magisk apk you installed before.

Attachments

• Magisk v23.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 3
  • Magisk v23.apk
    6.6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

xyzqwerty500

Oct 10, 2020

Samsung J2 Pro 2016 2GB Ram- Android 6.
pico zip is correct but use this version of TWRP here

Also first root your phone by install Magisk v23 zip and then install the Magisk v23 apk file manually. (files attached below)

Then flash gapps zip, you can unroot after installation of gapps zip by tapping uninstall button in Magisk apk you installed before.
I have already rooted through supersu. Should I unroot first or can I directly install magisk? I didn;t get it though why magisk is required. Gapps can be flashed directly using TWRP, no?

xyzqwerty500

Oct 10, 2020
even flashing super su is also not working now. I only need to restore boot partition. System partition I don't want to change. Is it at all possible?

Where can I get the stock boot partition? Will my smartphone start if I restore only stock boot partition without restoring stock system partition?

even flashing super su is also not working now. I only need to restore boot partition. System partition I don't want to change. Is it at all possible?

Where can I get the stock boot partition? Will my smartphone start if I restore only stock boot partition without restoring stock system partition?
have you installed the recovery i said to install?
unroot super su first then install magisk, btw
try after putting all zip files in internal storage before installation

stock boot image of your phone here you can flash it through TWRP. your phone will start sure.

also if you use telegram then please join https://t.me/j250f for easy conversations.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @ai.Sanual Can I flash pico gapps for play store only? I just need google play store to install and update apps.

I don't need any background service. I will update them as and when needed.