[RESTORE][TOT] Sprint LG G4 (LS991) ZVB TOT

Search This thread

tabp0le

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 4, 2013
Phoenix
www.spryservers.net
Didn't realize I could edit the .img files but then again .img being what they should be that makes sense I suppose. That's probably the best solution for me personally, edit the rootedsystemzv6.img so it's done just once and it makes things easier or at least it should if I have to redo things.

Now to find something that will not only open the img but allow me to edit/save it when done.

If you are using windows, download OSF Mount and Ext2Fsd. Mount with OSF mount after installing Ext2Fsd. Uncheck the read-only checkbox in osf mount. Then make changes. (it will be a drive next to your other hard drives in "This PC') Then unmount, copy the image over and flash away!
If you need more help, open a new thread or skype me. (we shouldn't be spamming this thread up) :p @matt4321 do you want to split this OT discussion to Q&A maybe?

Last edited:

tjoel2012

Feb 18, 2016
No, once you are at ZVB, there is currently no known way of downgrading, not to ZVA, not to ZV9, not to ZV6, nothing at all. Please do just a little reading and researching.
Thanks for the reply. I am a little confused. ZVB is only for Marshmallow on the G4? I mean, isn't there a ZVB firmware on Lollipop? If i wish to downgrade to Lollipop i should find a lgls991 lollipop zvb TOT right? does that exist? Thank you!

garwynn

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Deve
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Thanks for the reply. I am a little confused. ZVB is only for Marshmallow on the G4? I mean, isn't there a ZVB firmware on Lollipop? If i wish to downgrade to Lollipop i should find a lgls991 lollipop zvb TOT right? does that exist? Thank you!

No, you might be confusing ZVB for the G3, which IIRC was 5.x

amitesh raj

Jan 18, 2016
Sur im currently on zv6 and super su is installed...means. The phone is rooted. ..so can i directly flash the zvb rom ??
As because. As far as i know in the recovery mode it accepts only .zip files for flashing.....so how to flah a tot file??(i dont have a pc).:eek:
And is ur rom globally unlocked means im from india....so can i use gsm simcards..

garwynn

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Deve
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
Sur im currently on zv6 and super su is installed...means. The phone is rooted. ..so can i directly flash the zvb rom ??
As because. As far as i know in the recovery mode it accepts only .zip files for flashing.....so how to flah a tot file??(i dont have a pc).:eek:
And is ur rom globally unlocked means im from india....so can i use gsm simcards..
No, this acts like a reimage. Flash individual partitions instead as necessary.

Sent from my LGLS992 using XDA-Developers mobile app

KingFatty

Feb 4, 2009
Is the TOT file the one we should, just as a safety precaution, copy onto a folder on the internal memory of the phone?

I just remember in the past there was general advice to keep a copy of some kind of file, a ROM or tot or something, in case your phone gets messed up so you already have a stored copy ready to fix the phone. But that was back in ZV6 timeframe. Currently, I have ZVB, so I want to make sure I have a safety backup of whatever file is needed to fix the phone in case file corruption occurs, any advice which file and where to download? Apologies if this info is already posted elsewhere, but I recall previously the information was about ZV6 and so is not relevant to those on ZVB?

tech_0912

Feb 1, 2016
Yes, you should be able to do as you'd like. The global version unlocks the phone for GSM use. You can add and edit any apns you like. There are several people who have been using the Global version successfully. I'm not sure about using it on T-mobile, and I can't make any guarantees, but I would assume you could use it just as any other GSM carrier. I also have a ZVA version you can try. (this is marshmallow and will not prevent rollback) ZVA Version

Does upgrading to ZVB and then flashing the international version allow access to the hidden APN menu? I'm getting a replacement in the mail Wednesday evening and I don't know if they'll ship it updated completely. My old phone had the wifi hotspot exploit from ZV6 updated to ZVA. I never took the ZVB update not knowing if I would lose the hotspot. If it comes updated to ZVB, is there anything I can do to get back to the hidden menu to add "dun" to the APN?

KingFatty

Feb 4, 2009

Tyranicy

Apr 24, 2016
how come when i download it, it downloads as a .7z file and now a .tot file. Is there anyway to convert it? because when i extract the .7z file it becomes a .dz file

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, based on multiple requests I've picked up and am now hosting the ZVB .tot file on Rwilco12.com
    Short link to it: http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?dir=Files/Devices/LG G4 (LS991)/Stock ROMs/ZVB

Note: Anti-Rollback version is incremented in ZVB. You will be unable to revert to earlier builds after update.

Enjoy!
    Should there be a note on this OP -that once you use this TOT you can never go back to previous versions (ZV6 / ZV9 / ZVA). You will be stuck at MM ZVB and up.
    Didn't know that - I'll add it in though for now.
    Even using Flash Tool or LGUP won't get you back?

Nope. It throws an error saying that the anti-rollback version is higher than the version you are trying to flash.
    ---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    i am from Cuba, go to settings-backup and restoration, at the end of the optiom you will see an option that says restore network settings, your sim must be into de phoene to give that option and should solve your problem I run my me
    Hey I am having the same problem no gsm option in the mobile network menu..... I tried ur fix but it only restored my gsm signals but my mobile data is still not working and the gsm option is still missing but the signals are ok
    Yah, but ZVA has no root so, no Xposed, so no button controls, etc. :(

Anyway, I know about the International ROM and had it working and yes T-Mobile kicks in almost immediately without any issues, but from what I read about that ROM is that the person that made it obviously customized it somewhat and I saw at least one person say the reason it unlocks GSM capability is because of some build.prop edits and I'm trying to figure out what those edits happen to be. I'd love to be able to take a pure stock ZV6 and then root it, modify it so it works like the International ROM and go from there.

The problem I'm having currently is that I can't get Xposed flashed on the International ROM for some strange reason I can't quite figure out - each time I try to flash it there's a mismatch between the architecture/platform and it craps out. That doesn't happen with the rooted ZV6, but it's happening with the International ZV6 which irks me to no end and I can't find out what's causing the issue or else I'd just stick with the International one.

If the only difference between the pure stock ZV6 build and the International version of the same build is a a build.prop edit I'm going to have to figure out what the hell that is. :confused:

I just want to end up with ZV6, rooted, Xposed installed and working, and T-Mobile access which I should be able to accomplish - the problem is finding the right combination of this, that, and whatever else to make it all come together. So far, after like 15 wipes and flashes, I still haven't figured out that perfect mix to get what I want just yet.

But thanks for responding. ;)
    Ahh, I understand! Yeah, what you need to do is replace all instances of "p1_spr_us" in builld prop with "p1_global_com". (no quotes) Also, replace all instances of SPR with GLOBAL and change target country to COM. Then add the apns. https://github.com/tabp0le/MellowMa...40e511396bc298e37fb5/system/etc/apns-conf.xml
    Here is an example for you to go off of.. https://github.com/tabp0le/MellowMallowROM-for-G4-LS991/compare/global
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone