Restore wi-fi saved networks from google

Search This thread

hercegyu

Feb 8, 2011
Belgrade
www.ivanherceg.in.rs
In all infos on phone it says that if you enable auto restore in Settings => System => Backup & Restore that it should restore saved wifi networks from google backup, but it dose not. Tryed also to toggle auto restore, but still no luck. Did anyone make that sync work?

pyro2677

Oct 30, 2012
Did you chose "set up new device" or restore from some old one? Tnx

Never use setup a as new device or you wont be able to pull anything down afterwards. I remember reading it on a google thing once that only when you setup the phone it has to be installed from the google Backup. In saying that i did setup via Phone clone which was useless and when that finished it did ask me if i wanted to install from Google Backup. All other phones I've used only let you do it once.

hercegyu

Feb 8, 2011
Belgrade
www.ivanherceg.in.rs
Never use setup a as new device or you wont be able to pull anything down afterwards. I remember reading it on a google thing once that only when you setup the phone it has to be installed from the google Backup. In saying that i did setup via Phone clone which was useless and when that finished it did ask me if i wanted to install from Google Backup. All other phones I've used only let you do it once.

LoL, so no going back for me
Tnx anyway :)

pyro2677

Oct 30, 2012
Yes and then it'll pull this backup...not that one from old phone
No not at all, I had an S8+ as my last phone. Cracked my screen and had to get it replaced, i used my old S5 while it got fixed and also Motorola Maxx. The thing i did find out was when i used my Moto (Kitkat) it didn't find the S8+ backup. Same thing with the S5 it only showed me the Moto back up. But when i got my S8+ back it had the Moto, S5 the old S8+ Backup. When i got my Mate 20 Pro it showed me 2 x S8+backups, S5 and Moto backup. E.g S8+ 28 oct backup and also 9 Nov Backup.

So you should have the old back up still there. The only thing i found was that if you have older version of Android you can't use newer version to pull backups from.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Isn't it exactly reversed - you cannot recover a backup from a newer version than your restoring to ?

Yes sorry mind fart. Old Phone Android 8 backup -> Android 8 or 9 will see it and ask if you want that one but you can't see Android 8 Backups on Android 7 Phone.