Restoring/Flashing ROMs

Search This thread

Mystikalrush

May 1, 2011
Hi everyone, im bascially new to the SGS3 development, but very fond of it after upgrading from my DroidX this past weekend.
I've been doing as much reading as i can and know almost everyone about the phone now, i just have some questions.

Now that we are unlocked can i easily restore my backup roms of my stock system from Synergy? Can i also do this if im on CM10 flashing to Synergy or even stock?

droidstyle

Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
Hi everyone, im bascially new to the SGS3 development, but very fond of it after upgrading from my DroidX this past weekend.
I've been doing as much reading as i can and know almost everyone about the phone now, i just have some questions.

Now that we are unlocked can i easily restore my backup roms of my stock system from Synergy? Can i also do this if im on CM10 flashing to Synergy or even stock?
I always flash back to the rom i am restoring a nandroid of...its the best method to avoid bootloops.

Zalithian

Aug 8, 2012
So you loaded a touchwiz nandroid over the top of cm10 without flashing back stock?

Well, I wouldn't say over the top since I wiped everything, but if you're looking at it that way, yeah. I've gone from CM10 to stock, CM10 to Synergy, AOKP to Synergy etc. I just go in and wipe data/cache/dalvik, then restore.