Restoring Nexus 5 to stock: will it replace TWRP?

Search This thread

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
Thanks! I think I'll just do that, but I'll keep the bootloader unlocked in case I need to flash more things later.
If you're flashing stock, remember there's a built-in behaviour that checks for stock recovery: if it's not there, it will overwrite whatever is there (twrp, in this case) with stock recovery, on every reboot.

You'll need to take care of this if you want a stock+twrp permanent combo.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
If you're flashing stock, remember there's a built-in behaviour that checks for stock recovery: if it's not there, it will overwrite whatever is there (twrp, in this case) with stock recovery, on every reboot.

I never knew that!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks! I think I'll just do that, but I'll keep the bootloader unlocked in case I need to flash more things later.

If you follow the instructions and flash everything, yes it'll go back to stock and replace twrp with stock recovery as well
    If you flash the img files individually, you don't have to flash the recovery img if you want to keep twrp tho

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone