Restoring Serial Number - SN

Search This thread

SaiLas

Apr 11, 2011
Odessa
Please read Bootloader Unlock and Root Instruction to understand how to work with Qfil.exe

1. Download Ftm - partition from phone. You can do it via Qfil.exe or Root

adb shell
su
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/ftm of=/sdcard/ftm.bin

2. You need to know your Serial Number so go imei24.com or imeipro.info and type yours IMEI.

3. Now open Ftm.bin with Hex.exe ( attached )
Then go Navigation -> Go to Offset... and type 73728

Type SN and save changes.

4. Flash it back in phone with Qfil.exe or copy ftm.bin to internal sdcard

adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/ftm.bin of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/ftm
reboot

Done!

Attachments

• Hex.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Reactions: ChazzMatt

nicholas0444

Jun 1, 2018
Thanks a lot for your instructions.
I've successfully restored my S/N on the V35AWM.
I updated my V35AWM to V35ULM last November, then I flashed the wrong firmware version in April 2020 when the newest firmware was released. After I resume the device, I found my S/N was lost but had no idea about how to get it restored.
But there was still a most difficult part in this instruction which is how to enter the 9008 mod, this cost me about 2 hours.
So everything is ready now only awaiting for the new Android 10 to release.

levanduong23

Nov 13, 2020
do you have video tutorials

do you have video tutorials?
Please read Bootloader Unlock and Root Instruction to understand how to work with Qfil.exe

adb shell
su

2. You need to know your Serial Number so go imei24.com or imeipro.info and type yours IMEI.

adb shell
su
reboot

Done!

hp79

Nov 14, 2007
Tigard, OR
Does missing serial number has anything to do with not being able to make phone calls?

I have a V35 unlocked version (pretty sure this is V350ULM), I flashed it with Korean Q and it worked fine while traveling in Korea. After coming back to U.S. I tried ATT based Tracfone SIM and data works fine but when I try to make calls it always immediately shows Call Ended. I notice the serial number is blank.

cmrntnnr

Jan 11, 2017
Does missing serial number has anything to do with not being able to make phone calls?

I have a V35 unlocked version (pretty sure this is V350ULM), I flashed it with Korean Q and it worked fine while traveling in Korea. After coming back to U.S. I tried ATT based Tracfone SIM and data works fine but when I try to make calls it always immediately shows Call Ended. I notice the serial number is blank.

I've got a ULM with the A10 Korean rom. I have no issues making or receiving calls without a SN.

hp79

Nov 14, 2007
Tigard, OR
I've got a ULM with the A10 Korean rom. I have no issues making or receiving calls without a SN.
Is it possible for you to share some of your system partitions to get mine to work again? I'm not sure which partitions would be needed to get it back to working condition. I can get it to QFIL mode and flash some. I think this may have happened after some more flashing but not sure. My IMEI is still intact, serial number is blank.

cmrntnnr

Jan 11, 2017
It sounds like you are successfully rooted and on a Korean A10 rom. If you are unsure, follow clouds localize guide then flash the partition image in this post:

cmrntnnr

Jan 11, 2017
It sounds like you are successfully rooted and on a Korean A10 rom. If you are unsure, follow clouds localize guide then flash the partition image in this post:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

adb shell
    su

adb shell
    su
    reboot

Done!
    IMEI recorded here twice: Offset 53248 and 14680132.
    For restoring IMEI you need your backup efs