Development [RESTRICTIONS-REMOVED] Samsung Health Monitor - WearOS - Phone 1.2.5.003 - Watch 1.2.6.002 - Root, Age, Country & Restriction Removed - 8th April 2024

How happy are you with the outcome?

• Total voters
Search This thread
I cannot install watch.shm on my samsung galaxy watch 4. I have installed the phone app but unable to install watch app as the adb app is not able to install APK file . Instead it is allowing for executable file or a command which is not showing in the video.
Either use SHM MOD Companion (Recommended) or use Geminiman WearOS Manager and sideload the app to your watch...

Reactions: shanusilva

cableghost

Dec 22, 2010
make sure your phone is not updating apps or anything in background, just a note, BP sync has low priority, meaning, if phone is performing other operations, the sync might be delayed and eventually dropped (killed) resulting in failure and the sync starts again on next measurement (not refresh or manual button sync)...
Thank you. I wasn't aware of this
Let's hope this remains.

Reactions: Dante63

ShadyShee

Jan 25, 2023
I just installed the new mod, but I get the warning "no compatible watch found" I restarted both devices but it did nothing.

Could somebody maybe help me?

Wearos:3.5
Model phone: se 21 fe 5g
Model watch: galaxy watch 4

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230125_042159_Samsung Health Monitor.jpg
    Screenshot_20230125_042159_Samsung Health Monitor.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
Nokia Lumia 920
Nokia Lumia 900
Updated no issues ! Thanks @Dante63 .
Did a little test run and all still syncing. Didn't have to change or redo anything just updated the phone wear os app. Pixel 7 pro fully stock and GW4

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230124-200240.png
    Screenshot_20230124-200240.png
    85.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20230124-205451.png
    Screenshot_20230124-205451.png
    161.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20230124-205815.png
    Screenshot_20230124-205815.png
    134.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I just installed the new mod, but I get the warning "no compatible watch found" I restarted both devices but it did nothing.

Could somebody maybe help me?

Wearos:3.5
Model phone: se 21 fe 5g
Model watch: galaxy watch 4
1. Watch has mod installed on it...?
2. Your Samsung has encryption on or off...?

Your logcat was not useful, if you filtered it, remove the filter, or look for ERR_INTEGRITY...

Hi!
What is described for the Galaxy 4 watch to unlock the ECG and Blood Pressure measurement for Huawei phones also works for the Galaxy 5?
There are no guarantees for Huawei phones, you try your luck and see whether it works or not...
~~
A Huawei telefonokra nincs garancia, próbálj szerencsét, és nézd meg, működik-e vagy sem...
I searched for that, I made a video so you can verify if i did
Please attach the logcat...

ShadyShee

Jan 25, 2023
Here is an idea about logcat
View attachment 5819197
Also, search for ERR_INTEGRITY...
If you don't know how then share new logcat...
Alright I will search again,
There are no guarantees for Huawei phones, you try your luck and see whether it works or not...
~~
A Huawei telefonokra nincs garancia, próbálj szerencsét, és nézd meg, működik-e vagy sem...

Please attach the logcat...
The file from the first post has the file attached. But I will attach it again

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023
Try signing out or clear samsung health app data and sign in again, also, keep in mind that samsung account configuration takes time to reflect and be visible 🤔...

This sorted it!
In the Samsung Health app, settings > Samsung Account > Sync Samsung Health with Samsung Account > REMOVE ACCOUNT
Then for in App info for Samsung Health > Storage and cache > Clear Storage

Signing in again updated the date of birth and restored all the previous data.

Thanks!

nirmalraghu

Jan 26, 2023
Either use SHM MOD Companion (Recommended) or use Geminiman WearOS Manager and sideload the app to your watch...
Dear Dante
I have installed the App on both the watch galaxy 4 (model SM R870) and my mobile galaxy note 10 plus, thanks to your great work

However when i open the app in my watch it just fails to load.

In addition the mobile keeps intimating that the compatible watch is not found.....Kindly assist

Dear Dante
I have installed the App on both the watch galaxy 4 (model SM R870) and my mobile galaxy note 10 plus, thanks to your great work

However when i open the app in my watch it just fails to load.

In addition the mobile keeps intimating that the compatible watch is not found.....Kindly assist
How can I even assist with such little info...?

I clearly stated that I need details, walk me through what you did, provide screenshots or video, it's mentioned in the thread in large bold font...

Out of frustration, I'll say this and i hope no one gets offended...

I keep mentioning when you ask for help, to please provide details, screenshots or videi, what has been done, walk me through what you did, so I can understand where things gone wrong...

I even put it in large bold font but still, same help requests and for each I have to ask for details 😩...

I'm no wizard, I just can't chant "hocus-pocus sim sala bim" and magically understand the issue and help you...

I will update the thread and put another notice, from now and onwards, I will not provide an immediate help to anyone that doesn't provide details, it's not because I don't want to help, it's to deliver a message that when asking for help, ask with details...

Sorry for the long post...
Good day...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** Phone SHM MOD 1.2.5.003 ***

Android Manifest:
    - Manifest shows line to use native-library libhal.wsm (deleted because this detects knox state and makes shm not work on custom/rooted Samsung)

GUI:
    - assets has country code MU - Mauritius but no BP and ECG documents so next would be checking the code for this country to confirm...
    - Some strings related to BP were changed from measuring BP on your watch to Measuring BP, probably for Galaxy Ring Measurement? there is no mention of the Ring either way...
    - Samsung removed their address in India...
    - Switching all fonts to OneUiSans...

CODE:
    - CSCUtil confirms MU has ECG and BP but not IHRN...
    - Some minor modifications in BP, ECG, IHRN and some activities - namings - not visible to user...
    - Samsung Health Data Permission logic added and binding Health Profile Data to SHM - nothing new here, just rewritten everything, either way, this cannot be performed with mod...

Note:
    - Patching this was a wild ride due to renaming plenty of classes and functions, whenever I applied a patch, the app would crash because my patch has old namings, but all is well...
    *** Watch SHM MOD - 1.2.6.002 Released - Changelog ***

Android Manifest:
    - Nothing New observed...

GUI:
    - Proper Description of permissions and setting them up correctly to prevent Services from being killed or removed by Watch OS...
    ***permission_bluetooth_description: Used to scan for and connect to nearby devices
    ***permission_notification_desc: Used to provide you with timely information
    ***permission_sensor_notice_cause: Used to provide measurements such as blood pressure and ECG
    Since OS remove unused permissions from time to time, this causes stock SHM to crash on start, and I have seen this a lot...

CODE:
    - Aside from checking watch connected to Samsung Phone, there is a check if the phone is verizon when samsung fails, odd device restriction check...
    - They added on watch connect, start service but that will not work if the watch booted it up for the first time...

NOTE:
    - in the current 1.2.5.002 Patch #2, if you use ECG Tile or BP Tile, even after reboot, the service does not start, I missed this part, I should add the same logic of checking and starting service from the main activity into the Tile Activity, So I will make sure in 1.2.6.002, IHRN service is handled correctly in all cases...

New Approach for handling IHRN:
    *** Enhanced handling of service start, by checking several flags, isIhrnEnabled and check scheduled IHRN, the service starter will be called when conditions are satisfied where ihrn enabled is true and if IHRN is not scheduled, this will handle cases where device reboots, and it's more battery friendly...

*** This patch has been injected into MainActivity (opening the app), Tile activity (from outside) for both BP and ECG, finally, and just to be safe, in both ECG and BP MainActivities...

*** Make sure you have BP or ECG Tile set, when you watch boots up, tile creation activity is called, it will run the IHRN Service via the tile...
    Sorry, but I am confused because I seem to lack some basic steps BEFORE installing the companion:
    You show a desktop in your tutorial where you install the companion app. But the desktop computer already seems to be connected with phone and watch??? What do I have to do to prepare that? I can't even run an apk-file on my PC. When I remember the old days of my "moddery" with galaxy s2 I think I have to install this google-software-package for creating own apps I formerly didn't quite understand ... Am I right?
    Sorry again for asking such basic questions!
    It is his phone. He is using Samsung Dex to connect his phone to PC/monitor etc... You need to install the Companion on phone and watch. You don't need a PC.

Samsung Dex is a feature in some high-end Samsung devices where you can enjoy desktop experience of your phone.
    Really appreciate your effort Dante!! The result is awesome and much needed.

I wondered — Why not put the decompiled progress on GitHub (or BitBucket)? It would enable easier code review and contribution.

P.S. - I’m new to XDA forums
    1. You can decompile stock and mod and compare them, I always provide both apks in my Google Drive...

2. I see no advantage for me to post it other than needing to update it alongside posting on github, and I'd rather focus on patching, moding and making playstore apps and watchfaces, alongside responding to comments and messages, after all, my free time isn't that big but trying my best to be around and productive...

3. Github is confusing a bit, and whenever I understood how it works, give me few days and I would have already forgotten how to use it...

I hope this makes sense...
    Hi Team,

I am using one plus 9R and when i try to install the shm mod app apk from the drive its telling me, app is not installed since my phone does not support it.
    I am not very tech savvy. Can you pls help me, have been struggling like anything here for past month and unable to use anything.
    Are you using the correct file? The apk which needs to be installed in phone has "PHONE" in its name.
    Hello Everyone,
    I hope you all are fine...
    Google_WearOS.png

~~~ WearOS WATCHES ONLY ~~~
    20220106_171041.jpg20220106_164719.png
    ~~~ FEATURES, BUGS & FUTURE WORKS~~~
    • FEATURES: Works on Samsung Watch4 and Watch5 (as mentioned Samsung WearOS Watches), Multilanguage, no root detection, no country restriction, no device restriction, age limit lowered from 22 to 16, no lock screen restriction, No Force update to latest version) for phone, as for the watch, removed country restriction and lowered age limit from 22 to 16, both apps have additional languages translated by me...
    • BUGS: IHRN stops working after some time and Virus Total flagged stock shm as trojgen detected - false positive, PLEASE REPORT IT TO SAMSUNG...
    • BP SYNC between SHM and SH: There is an Entire Section that explains it in detail, don't miss it if you want this to work...
    • About ECG in SH: ECG has never synced to Samsung Cloud, since the first release of SHM, the ECG tile is missing in Samsung Health with SHM WearOS but rest assured that the ECG tile of Samsung Health has no use other than being a shortcut to open SHM at ECG tab...
    • SHM ChangeLog: see Post #2
    • CRASHING?: few devices crash at application start and few others crash after completing the profile, logs showed each device has a different problem, I'm not considering this as a bug but you can ask me and I'll try to help...
    • FUTURE WORKS: fix theme bugs...
    • NOTE FOR SAMSUNG ROOT USERS: Samsung has pushed its own safetynet logic, different from Google, samsung_attestation, generating public and private key will fail and make apps not work correctly, Please use the Knox Patch Module: https://github.com/BlackMesa123/KnoxPatch to make the app work!

• IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT POSTING: Please search the thread and read the F.A.Q first before posting your problem, PROVIDE DETAILS, SCREENSHOT, VIDEOS IF POSSIBLE, DO NOT JUST SAY "IT'S NOT WORKING" OR "IT'S CRASHING", details are important if you want me to help you and to get it fast... SHM MOD WearOS needs to be installed on both watch and phone, if the shm mod is working on the watch and phone but shows no compatible watch found, restart the phone and watch, do not post not working if you installed only one of them or haven't tried restarting both phone and watch...

If you are confused on XDA, here is a brief view on Github:

~~~ For Tizen (Active2 And Watch3), LINK BELOW~~~

~~~ SHM MOD F.A.Q ~~~
    First I want to say to article authors, thank you for your efforts to publish an article on this, but please do not copy and paste into your article as content may change and please provide link to the thread so people can get help and ask questions...

Ok, now let's begin:

1. Tizen SHM MOD and WearOS SHM MOD...?
      The watch original SHM can't communicate with the phone MOD, and it's not possible to completly remove the original SHM from the watch4, so I had to create WearOS MOD and rename the previous MOD to Tizen MOD...
    2. Do I need root...?
      No root is required...
    3. Does this void my warranty?
      No it does not void the warrenty or trip the know or damage the watch or the phone...
    4. OTA effect on MOD & MOD effects on OTA.
      No Effects, the MOD is independant...
    5. Do I need to install both phone and watch MODs?
      Yes, you need both, keep in mind, the apk with word phone is for phone and the watch4 is for the watch...
    6. Where is the IP Address?
      You can find it inside the developer options after you enable the ADB Wi-Fi, it takes time though, alternativly, you can go to connections -> wifi -> the wifi you are connected to -> scroll down and you'll find your IP...
    7. Can I do this from my phone?
      Yes, you can use my Geminiman WearOS Manager...
    8. How do I update?
      Just install the updated files I release and it will update, whether you install the phone app or the watch app...
    9. Do I need Samsung Health MOD, is there even such thing...?
      I do not encourge using Samsung Health MOD, Samsung Health is a core application, modding it will break many services, using official Samsung Health is safer and better...
    10. What is BP Sync and is there an ECG Sync...?
      BP or blood pressure data can be saved in Samsung Health Cloud, allowing you to view all of your BP to be seen on Samsung Health app and no, there is no ECG sync and never was, ECG can only be exported as PDF and Excel file...

~~~ Pairing issues with Watch4/5/6 on Galaxy Wearables (Watch4/5/6 not supported!) ~~~
    Downgrade galaxy wearable, plugin and Samsung Health...
    Keep your internet on, Open Samsung health, then accessories, locate your watch, disconnect from internet (Data and Wi-Fi off, only Bluetooth on) and tap on your watch, galaxy wearable will start offline and pair with the watch, after the pair, you can connect to internet and update wearable and configure anything and everything else...

Tested:
    usually Latest plugin + usually latest Samsung Health + Wearable 2.2.50.22072061

But find your watch release date, and find the app versions released the same as your watch or a bit later, if you go older, it will not support your device!

Below is a Huawei Device - August 2023
    IMG_20230816_172337_246.jpg

~~~ WearOS - SHM MOD - Tutorial - XDA - Dante63 ~~~

If you can't see the YouTube video, visit the YouTube link: https://youtu.be/xSjURFKQB2A

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    *** Written Guide for anyone who needs it ***
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a second friendly reminder 😊 , *inhales deeply*:

!!!DON'T FORGET TO TURN OFF ADB ON THE WATCH, IT WILL DRAIN YOUR BATTERY!!!

*ehm* enjoy the SHM MOD now 😆...

If you see "no compatible watch found" or similar, please restart the watch and phone and try again, it should work...
    REPORTING AN ISSUE WITH SHM MOD: Tell me your device type and Android version, provide me a screenshot or video of where it happened and how, a logcat is appreciated, these details will help me re-create the environment and try to get the issue you have so I can trace it and fix it...

~~~ FILES and Description ~~~
    Here is the link to the files I am using:
    I believe the folders describe themselves, the APK at the root is to be installed on your phone...

~~~ SHM MOD Companion ~~~
    ~~~ Get updates, Enable BP Sync and Much More ~~~

If you can't see the YouTube video, visit the YouTube link: https://youtu.be/QzYjqrgnKU0

~~~ ENABLING BP SYNC BETWEEN SHM & SH ~~~
    If you can't see the YouTube video, visit the YouTube link: https://youtu.be/-4eetNuHFco

~~~ Rooted Samsung Users that want to use Latest Samsung Health ~~~
    Thanks to XDA @73sydney for his help...

Samsung has pushed its own safetynet logic, different from Google, samsung_attestation, generating public and private keys will fail and make samsung apps not work correctly...

Please use the Knox Patch Module to make SHM and latest Samsung Health Work:
    Thanks to XDA @BlackMesa123
    You can also find a thread here:
    XDA - Knox Patch

~~~ ABOUT THE ORIGINAL SHM ~~~
    According to Samsung, The Samsung Health Monitor app requires a Galaxy Watch Active2 or Galaxy Watch3 and later models, alongside having Android version 7.0 and above...

SHM has device detection, country restriction and spoof location detection, the following countries were listed in the country restriction checking, I believe if you live in those countries, SHM should Work, otherwise, it wouldn't, SHM checks your GeoLocation, Sim Card, and Device CSC (if no sim or location provided)

List of Country Codes Alpha-2:
    EU_CSC (Total 35):
    "AT"
    "BE"
    "BG"
    "CZ"
    "DE"
    "DK"
    "EE"
    "ES"
    "FI"
    "FR"
    "GR"
    "HR"
    "HU"
    "IE"
    "IT"
    "LT"
    "LV"
    "NL"
    "PL"
    "PT"
    "RO"
    "SE"
    "SI"
    "SK"
    "CY"
    "LU"
    "MT"
    "GB"
    "CH"
    "IS"
    "NO"
    "LI"
    "TR"
    "RS"
    "CY"
    EU_MNC (Total 29):
    "AT"
    "BE"
    "BG"
    "CH"
    "CZ"
    "DE"
    "DK"
    "EE"
    "ES"
    "FI"
    "FR"
    "GB"
    "GR"
    "HR"
    "HU"
    "IE"
    "IS"
    "IT"
    "LT"
    "LV"
    "NL"
    "NO"
    "PL"
    "PT"
    "RO"
    "SE"
    "SI"
    "SK"
    "CY"
    NON-EU (Total 14):
    "KR"
    "US"
    "BR"
    "CL"
    "AE"
    "ID"
    "HK"
    "RU"
    "SG"
    "AZ"
    "GE"
    "PY"
    "AU"
    "TW"

SHM will work only if the following is not detected on your Samsung Device:
    Paths:
    "/data/local/"
    "/data/local/bin/"
    "/data/local/xbin/"
    "/sbin/"
    "/su/bin/"
    "/system/bin/"
    "/system/bin/.ext/"
    "/system/bin/failsafe/"
    "/system/sd/xbin/"
    "/system/usr/we-need-root/"
    "/system/xbin/"
    "/system/app/Superuser.apk"
    "/cache"
    "/data"
    "/dev"
    Apps:
    "com.noshufou.android.su"
    "com.noshufou.android.su.elite"
    "eu.chainfire.supersu"
    "com.koushikdutta.superuser"
    "com.thirdparty.superuser"
    "com.yellowes.su"
    "com.devadvance.rootcloak"
    "com.devadvance.rootcloakplus"
    "de.robv.android.xposed.installer"
    "com.saurik.substrate"
    "com.zachspong.temprootremovejb"
    "com.amphoras.hidemyroot"
    "com.amphoras.hidemyrootadfree"
    "com.formyhm.hiderootPremium"
    "com.formyhm.hideroot"
    "com.koushikdutta.rommanager"
    "com.koushikdutta.rommanager.license"
    "com.dimonvideo.luckypatcher"
    "com.chelpus.lackypatch"
    "com.ramdroid.appquarantine"
    "com.ramdroid.appquarantinepro"
    Binary:
    "su"
    "busybox"
    SU:
    "/system/xbin/which"
    "su"
    Test-Keys:
    "test-keys"

~~~ Special Thanks ~~~

Thanks to the amazing people on my Telegram group and Reddit users that reached me, thanks to everyone that tested the MOD and making it happen before I got my watch...

Thanks to @pavanmaverick he found out about the Tizen sync working for WearOS...
    Big Thanks to XDA @Zacharee1 for decompiling and diving into Samsung Health code to find a way to enable set features on any Samsung Health version, no more downgrading...

Big thanks to XDA @BlackMesa123 for his help that allowed me patch knox in SHM to work for rooted Samsung users...

~~~ Don't forget to ~~~
    Don't forget to smash the (y)THANKS (y)
    PS. if you are super happy and want to thank me, It is highly appreciated if you'd consider supporting me through my Patreon Page ❤️ 😊monthly or one time through PayPal ...

You can also support me through Google Play by installing:
    And you can Enjoy some Amazing Watchfaces I published
    while you are at it...

✯ XDA: https://xdaforums.com/m/dante63.7047928/
    ✯ Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/XDA-Dante63/
    ✯ Telegram: https://t.me/xda_dante63
    What's New:
    Latest Changes:

Watch SHM MOD 1.2.6.002 - 8th April 2024
    Android Manifest:
    - Nothing New observed...

GUI:
    - Proper Description of permissions and setting them up correctly to prevent Services from being killed or removed by Watch OS...
    ***permission_bluetooth_description: Used to scan for and connect to nearby devices
    ***permission_notification_desc: Used to provide you with timely information
    ***permission_sensor_notice_cause: Used to provide measurements such as blood pressure and ECG
    Since OS remove unused permissions from time to time, this causes stock SHM to crash on start, and I have seen this a lot...

CODE:
    - Aside from checking watch connected to Samsung Phone, there is a check if the phone is verizon when samsung fails, odd device restriction check...
    - They added on watch connect, start service but that will not work if the watch booted it up for the first time...

NOTE:
    - in the current 1.2.5.002 Patch #2, if you use ECG Tile or BP Tile, even after reboot, the service does not start, I missed this part, I should add the same logic of checking and starting service from the main activity into the Tile Activity, So I will make sure in 1.2.6.002, IHRN service is handled correctly in all cases...

New Approach for handling IHRN:
    *** Enhanced handling of service start, by checking several flags, isIhrnEnabled and check scheduled IHRN, the service starter will be called when conditions are satisfied where ihrn enabled is true and if IHRN is not scheduled, this will handle cases where device reboots, and it's more battery friendly...

*** This patch has been injected into MainActivity (opening the app), Tile activity (from outside) for both BP and ECG, finally, and just to be safe, in both ECG and BP MainActivities...

*** Make sure you have BP or ECG Tile set, when you watch boots up, tile creation activity is called, it will run the IHRN Service via the tile...
    Phone (TIZEN & WEAROS) SHM MOD 1.2.5.003 - 8th April 2024
    Android Manifest:
    - Manifest shows line to use native-library libhal.wsm (deleted because this detects knox state and makes shm not work on custom/rooted Samsung)

GUI:
    - assets has country code MU - Mauritius but no BP and ECG documents so next would be checking the code for this country to confirm...
    - Some strings related to BP were changed from measuring BP on your watch to Measuring BP, probably for Galaxy Ring Measurement? there is no mention of the Ring either way...
    - Samsung removed their address in India...
    - Switching all fonts to OneUiSans...

CODE:
    - CSCUtil confirms MU has ECG and BP but not IHRN...
    - Some minor modifications in BP, ECG, IHRN and some activities - namings - not visible to user...
    - Samsung Health Data Permission logic added and binding Health Profile Data to SHM - nothing new here, just rewritten everything, either way, this cannot be performed with mod...

Note:
    - Patching this was a wild ride due to renaming plenty of classes and functions, whenever I applied a patch, the app would crash because my patch has old namings, but all is well...
    Enjoy...

Previous Release:
    Changelog History Moved to Github:
    Download SHM MOD Companion from here if Google Drive reaches its limit...
    Happy one year anniversary to my SHM MOD, it's been a great journey and joy to help everyone and hopefully for more to come...

And happy holidays to everyone in advance, stay safe all, god bless you all and Godspeed...

Regards,
    Dante
    So what's new in SHM 1.1.1.191:
    • New layout BP ISO activity - probably details about BP
    • Canada BP & ECG Support
    • Israel BP & ECG Support
    • Taiwan got BP Support now
    • Ukraine BP & ECG Support
    • Vietnam BP & ECG Support
    • Latin America BP & ECG Support
    • South Africa BP & ECG Support
    • BP Calibration Code changed
    • checkUpdateInterfaceWithLocation method, you will hate this very much, according to the logic of the code, BP & ECG is now enabled and locked based on location, so if you travel, brace yourself for "service not avaliable"
    • About section has isNoneApproveCountry which tells you whether country is approved or not, what's the point of this since the app doesn't run in none supported country you ask...? I have no clue...
    • CSC check sim card on Latin American and Caribbean (SELA)

And th.. th... th... that's all folks...

Due to the major changes, here is my plan:
    • Release the MOD without Darkmode in beta test...
    • If all goes well, it goes public and I start working on Darkmode and it goes into beta test...
    • If all goes well too, it goes live...

I will do this on Weekend where I grab a big cup of coffee and go through Samsung Messy Code, wish me luck lol