Resurrecting Galaxy Note 5

Search This thread

curiou5

Jul 18, 2011
Recently I found my old Samsung Galaxy Note 5 which I stashed away after using the company's Note 9. The Note 5 was rooted but was subsequently unrooted. Eventhough if was unrooted it still fail banking apps security checks.

Before it was stashed away, the battery cant last 6 hour standby time. After 2 years the battery is completely dead and now it doesn't charge. However I would like to resurrect the phone to use as a webcam. I have tried but failed.

1. Battery is dead. When I put it into charge, without pressing and button, the phone automatically turn itself on, but only with the bootloader screen "Samsung Galaxy Note 5" flashing on and off.
2. Pressing and holding the power, volume down and home buttons will boot into the download screen (see attachment).
3. Pressing and holding the power, volume up and home buttons doesn't boot into recovery. The bootloader screen "Samsung Galaxy Note 5" flashing on and off.
4. Using ODIN, I was able to flash Note 5 firmwares for the BL, CP and CSC but FAILED at the AP (see attachment). I have tried flashing firmwares from other countries but to no avail, still FAIL at flashing AP. It failed to write Userdata.img.
5. I was able to flash TWRP (Galaxy Note 5 version) but unable to go into TWRP recovery. The bootloader screen "Samsung Galaxy Note 5" flashing on and off with red letters at the top that read "RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING"
6. After this when connected to computer, the bootloader screen "Samsung Galaxy Note 5" flashing on and off with red letters at the top that read "RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING"

I have tried using ADB to clear cache or perform factory reset but ADB can't detect the phone.

I have googled for two days and unable to find a solution. If I can get into recovery mode, I think I can unbrick the phone.

All help and advice are most appreciated.

Attachments

• 2021-04-14_141513.jpg
    2021-04-14_141513.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 2021-04-14_134607.jpg
    2021-04-14_134607.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 23, 2011
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    Recently I found my old Samsung Galaxy Note 5 which I stashed away after using the company's Note 9. The Note 5 was rooted but was subsequently unrooted. Eventhough if was unrooted it still fail banking apps security checks.

Before it was stashed away, the battery cant last 6 hour standby time. After 2 years the battery is completely dead and now it doesn't charge. However I would like to resurrect the phone to use as a webcam. I have tried but failed.

1. Battery is dead. When I put it into charge, without pressing and button, the phone automatically turn itself on, but only with the bootloader screen "Samsung Galaxy Note 5" flashing on and off.
    2. Pressing and holding the power, volume down and home buttons will boot into the download screen (see attachment).
    3. Pressing and holding the power, volume up and home buttons doesn't boot into recovery. The bootloader screen "Samsung Galaxy Note 5" flashing on and off.
    4. Using ODIN, I was able to flash Note 5 firmwares for the BL, CP and CSC but FAILED at the AP (see attachment). I have tried flashing firmwares from other countries but to no avail, still FAIL at flashing AP. It failed to write Userdata.img.
    5. I was able to flash TWRP (Galaxy Note 5 version) but unable to go into TWRP recovery. The bootloader screen "Samsung Galaxy Note 5" flashing on and off with red letters at the top that read "RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING"
    6. After this when connected to computer, the bootloader screen "Samsung Galaxy Note 5" flashing on and off with red letters at the top that read "RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING"

I have tried using ADB to clear cache or perform factory reset but ADB can't detect the phone.

I have googled for two days and unable to find a solution. If I can get into recovery mode, I think I can unbrick the phone.

All help and advice are most appreciated.
    I would try to flash stock pit file to re-partition the internal storage. Maybe positions were changed before.
    Then try to flash stock Samsung firmware files again with Odin. You can install BL, CP, AP and CSC in one row.
    Good luck!