Resurrection Remix 6.0.0 for hero2lte

Search This thread

turbolukex5

Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham
New Build
Friday April 13th

heres a basic changelog (there's more things but too much to list)
- Updated sensor blobs
- Enabled and fixed WiFI display support (miracast,samsung smart tv and such)
- Fixed bug where touch would stay active in call
- Fixed HWC (Improved performance of UI since it uses gpu for it which also improves battery life)
- Updated OMX blobs
- Enabled OMX

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vQcPCUFDlKpBFsQLBzU5sJm9t1sOWImW/view?usp=sharing

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Hi guys,
Just to let you know, that in latest build typeface app is working (flawlessly) again with substratum. Maybe because, RR now has substratum service apk in system/priv-app folder. Been waiting for this. Thanks a lot @turbolukex5:cool:

ag_developer

Oct 3, 2017
Johnstone
arekgolding.com
@turbolukex5 having issues with latest update

No idea of the exact wording of the error message (will update the post with it once I get around to reflashing the update) but it has the header of "Android System" and mentions something being out of date. System UI instantly crashes on loading, and fails to start back up.

On latest TWRP, flashing only update on top of last release (no gapps. Forgot to flash, system works flawlessly without still)

GingaB

Jan 24, 2011
London
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
So I've finally left RRN on my old Note 3 and joined the RRO bandwagon on my new S7E. There are few bugs to report. Wi-Fi range sucks hard it keeps dropping randomly luckily I have enough data plan, snap camera freezes but I've replaced it with modded Gcamera. And I've had 1 system UI force close so far. Haven't tested Bluetooth yet.

I used to have a useful feature on RRN that enabled me to hide apps. I can't find it on RRO? Has anyone seen this feature somewhere in the settings?

What's the best kernel for this ROM?

Last edited:

iOrpheus06

Feb 3, 2017
So I've finally left RRN on my old Note 3 and joined the RRO bandwagon on my new S7E. There are few bugs to report. Wi-Fi range sucks hard it keeps dropping randomly luckily I have enough data plan, snap camera freezes but I've replaced it with modded Gcamera. And I've had 1 system UI force close so far. Haven't tested Bluetooth yet.

I used to have a useful feature on RRN that enabled me to hide apps. I can't find it on RRO? Has anyone seen this feature somewhere in the settings?

What's the best kernel for this ROM?
Hide apps from launcher? I think you should check launcher settings if there's any option to hide apps, otherwise disable them through settings OR get another launcher.

turbolukex5

Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham
@turbolukex5 having issues with latest update

No idea of the exact wording of the error message (will update the post with it once I get around to reflashing the update) but it has the header of "Android System" and mentions something being out of date. System UI instantly crashes on loading, and fails to start back up.

On latest TWRP, flashing only update on top of last release (no gapps. Forgot to flash, system works flawlessly without still)

You need to provide logs when stuff like that happens.

Reactions: mauam

saifsohel

Jul 29, 2017
First, Thanks man @turbolukex5, you did a great job on this. I've been using this ROM for almost a month. Great battery life and performance. It's perfectly stable for me as I don't give a **** about GPS. I was always a TouchWiz guy but this ROM made me permanently switch to AOSP.

One small issue though, substratum OMS is not working for me. I can change the fonts using typeface but no theme is working; although no error is shown after the theme compilation. Is this because i dirty flashed the update(formatted system, delvik and cache)??

iOrpheus06

Feb 3, 2017
First, Thanks man @turbolukex5, you did a great job on this. I've been using this ROM for almost a month. Great battery life and performance. It's perfectly stable for me as I don't give a **** about GPS. I was always a TouchWiz guy but this ROM made me permanently switch to AOSP.

One small issue though, substratum OMS is not working for me. I can change the fonts using typeface but no theme is working; although no error is shown after the theme compilation. Is this because i dirty flashed the update(formatted system, delvik and cache)??
Try this: install and enable overlays > restart > go to substratum overlay manager > mark all then anable all selected overlays > restart

ag_developer

Oct 3, 2017
Johnstone
arekgolding.com
You need to provide logs when stuff like that happens.

I'm unable to get logs. No access to pc due to irl reasons for now. Unless theres a way to log the phone without using anything but itself, but not as far as I'm aware, for obvious reasons.

Here's the text of the error message:

A vendor image mismatch has been detected. Typically this means your vendor image is out of date. Please ensure your vendor image matches NMF26X

Also other important details:
Device: S7 Edge
ROM: latest hero2lte
No errors before, during or after flash
Fingerprint seems to work for a few seconds before boot finishes and error is displayed
SystemUI attempts to restart, but cant start

The most detail ive picked up.

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
I'm unable to get logs. No access to pc due to irl reasons for now. Unless theres a way to log the phone without using anything but itself, but not as far as I'm aware, for obvious reasons.

Here's the text of the error message:

A vendor image mismatch has been detected. Typically this means your vendor image is out of date. Please ensure your vendor image matches NMF26X

Also other important details:
Device: S7 Edge
ROM: latest hero2lte
No errors before, during or after flash
Fingerprint seems to work for a few seconds before boot finishes and error is displayed
SystemUI attempts to restart, but cant start

The most detail ive picked up.

There're a lot of apps to take logs. I use syslog. It's very easy to use.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IDLl7.png

Resurrection Remix 6.0.0
    Working Features:
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • WiFi
    • Sound
    • Mali Drivers
    • USB Tethering
    • Video Playback
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • RIL (SMS, Calls, Mobile Data)
    • Sensors
    • Buttons and their Backlight
    • Bluetooth
    • Wifi Hotspot
    • MTP
    • 2D and 3D GPU Acceleration
    • HW Encoding
    • HW Decoding
    • Offline Charging (Charging while device is powered off)
    • HWComposer (HWC)
    • Possibly other things not listed.

Non-working/partially working features:
    • GPS
    • Wireless Display
    • Wi-Fi Direct
    • Possibly other things not listed.

Do not post bug reports without providing logs (logcats) or steps in order to reproduce the bug(s).

Install GApps right after installing the rom itself.
    Don't try to boot to system before that or you will have issues.

Also largest package you should install use is Micro, Other GApps might cause reboots as they are still in beta.

Download: RR-O-v6.0.0-20180425-hero2lte-Unofficial.zip

Kernel Source: https://github.com/ivanmeler/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/
    New Build
    Friday April 13th

heres a basic changelog (there's more things but too much to list)
    - Updated sensor blobs
    - Enabled and fixed WiFI display support (miracast,samsung smart tv and such)
    - Fixed bug where touch would stay active in call
    - Fixed HWC (Improved performance of UI since it uses gpu for it which also improves battery life)
    - Updated OMX blobs
    - Enabled OMX

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vQcPCUFDlKpBFsQLBzU5sJm9t1sOWImW/view?usp=sharing
    ROM Updated:

New build posted to website on OP.

Fixes the need to install prime kernel, a boot animation and the reboot fix.
    New build online:

16-02-2018
    - Fixed video recording
    - Synced with RR sources
    - Disabled 'Panic Detection' (should mean that triple tapping the back button should be disabled)
    New build is online.

23-02-2018
    - Fixed HW encoding/decoding (finally, thanks Ivan_Meler!)
    - Updated media profiles and codecs config (More file formats should play now_
    - Synced with RR sources.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone