Resurrection Remix 6.0.0 for hero2lte

Search This thread

raibom

Sep 1, 2015
My titanium backup did not work on this release. Anyone else with this problem? I do not know if it is from android 8.1 or this room but I never had problems to restore applications, this is a first time.

ag_developer

Oct 3, 2017
Johnstone
arekgolding.com
Great ROM! Very stable and reliable, just a few issues:

There seems to be an issue with the proximity sensor. Whenever removing from pocket/after leaving phone locked for extended period of time, the phone has issues unlocking. It can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes for the screen to turn on, and at times, requires a forced reset as it will not go back on. Tried turning Doze, Ambient Notifications and other Proximity sensor related features (Pocket detection ect.) Off with no luck.

Audio seems to have audible glitches happening every so often while using headphones. Have tried both Bluetooth and wired with different types, and it only affects wired.

And while not an issue, as it does not affect anything, more of a mention, while booting phone it complains that the "kernel is not seandroid enforcing". Doesn't seem that there's any issues related to it.

And another thing is SystemUI appears very unstable. Have had 3 random SystemUI crashes since flashing 3 days ago

And finally, Google Camera seems to just not like working whatsoever. No idea what could be the issue, but it's just not wanting to work (Won't even open front/back cam, and on video only opens back cam, but won't record. Attempting to change which cam or recording crashes it)

--
@wasya78 Samsung Pay won't work ever since you tripped Knox by getting rid of stock

Google Pay *may* work. Spoke to a tech rep and they have confirmed that some phones have managed to ignore the check Google does for custom firmware. They said they're manually fixing it. I can confirm this is the case, as on RR5 I used Android Pay (old name of it) without issues, and a few weeks ago it failed, as the check was manually forced on it. Haven't bothered trying on this ROM, because my phone is still checked. Reason they do the check is because banks disallow any form of unofficial customisation for security reasons. Not Google's fault.

/AG

Reactions: Tekkamen77

SourCreamGash

Sep 16, 2011
Reactions: ag_developer

ag_developer

Oct 3, 2017
Johnstone
arekgolding.com
New bug found: issues with call audio. Both loudspeaker and normal. Audio is hearable for less than 2 seconds at a time, then stops and goes again after a bit. Very unpredictable and completely unusable. Calling an emergency number lead to a total Phone app hang, with the call still engaged but not displaying. Not exactly a good bug, especially since it hindered summoning emergency services.

If I could give logs I would, but do not know how to since it wasn't a crash, and it's a phone app. :)

turbolukex5

Dec 26, 2015
Birmingham
New bug found: issues with call audio. Both loudspeaker and normal. Audio is hearable for less than 2 seconds at a time, then stops and goes again after a bit. Very unpredictable and completely unusable. Calling an emergency number lead to a total Phone app hang, with the call still engaged but not displaying. Not exactly a good bug, especially since it hindered summoning emergency services.

If I could give logs I would, but do not know how to since it wasn't a crash, and it's a phone app. :)

you take a standard logcat during the time you are experiencing the issues. :rolleyes:

ag_developer

Oct 3, 2017
Johnstone
arekgolding.com
you take a standard logcat during the time you are experiencing the issues. :rolleyes:

My issue was that I didn't know how to take the logcat itself, rather than anything else. Have figured it out now and will edit this post once I have logs for each of the aforementioned issues ?

Edit: will do it tomorrow morning (GMT +0), it is too late today and I'm failing badly at getting magisk to work again

Edit2: Got Magisk to work, thus got the logcat app to work

Phone App: https://pastebin.com/TccxwARS
Google Camera: https://arekgolding.com/gcam_error_logcat.txt

Last edited:

ag_developer

Oct 3, 2017
Johnstone
arekgolding.com
@turbolukex5 Update on the phone bug:

Any calls made seem to just disable the SIM card. Did a few test runs with calling voicemail and SIM card gets turned off until the call is hung up on. No idea if related, but that seems to stop the "emergency" button on lock screen working

Also, updated my last post with the logcats needed. Couldn't get one on random sysui crashes, they are too random and at times cause a loop of crash, restore, crash, repeat, making me access catlog impossible (No access to pc means no ADB)

Sent from my hero2lte using XDA Labs

king3opobn

Apr 6, 2012
@turbolukex5 Update on the phone bug:

Any calls made seem to just disable the SIM card. Did a few test runs with calling voicemail and SIM card gets turned off until the call is hung up on. No idea if related, but that seems to stop the "emergency" button on lock screen working

Also, updated my last post with the logcats needed. Couldn't get one on random sysui crashes, they are too random and at times cause a loop of crash, restore, crash, repeat, making me access catlog impossible (No access to pc means no ADB)
I don't have that issue, i installed opengapps aroma, installed Google carrier services, phone, messaging, and package installer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA Labs

Reactions: ag_developer

ag_developer

Oct 3, 2017
Johnstone
arekgolding.com
I don't have that issue, i installed opengapps aroma, installed Google carrier services, phone, messaging, and package installer.

I've installed OpenGapps Mini. Also, the issue does not persist in Safe Mode, however, neither does the SIM card bug, and it's not app related as far as I can tell.

If it wasn't for the amount of apps and personal junk that I've already launched into this phone within a week, I'd happily reflash the ROM with aroma, but the aforementioned things stop me.

SomniusX

Dec 26, 2012
about.me
I'm experiencing some problems when flashing the 2018-03-04 build i saw from @zedomax ..
DYPePR4VAAAlvEM.jpg

it says my devices is "." instead of hero2lte (935f).

Coming from latest batman rom that used custom bat-kernel, i've reflashed latest stock on device (took links from sammobile) and re-rooted, flashed twrp and tried again with no vail.. same error in red..

Anybody?

edit: gonna try latest 20180311 and report back..

Last edited:

ag_developer

Oct 3, 2017
Johnstone
arekgolding.com
I'm experiencing some problems when flashing the 2018-03-04 build i saw from @zedomax ..

Coming from latest batman rom that used custom bat-kernel, i've reflashed latest stock on device (took links from sammobile) and re-rooted, flashed twrp and tried again with no vail.. same error in red..

Anybody?

Also experienced error 7. TWRP was out of date. Did you try updating it? (Or any other tool your using to flash)

Reactions: SomniusX

icetmacca

Oct 19, 2012
Billingham UK
DYPePR4VAAAlvEM.jpg

Anybody?

Hi update TWRP 3.2.1-1-herolte i had same problem .

Reactions: SomniusX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IDLl7.png

Resurrection Remix 6.0.0
    Working Features:
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • WiFi
    • Sound
    • Mali Drivers
    • USB Tethering
    • Video Playback
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • RIL (SMS, Calls, Mobile Data)
    • Sensors
    • Buttons and their Backlight
    • Bluetooth
    • Wifi Hotspot
    • MTP
    • 2D and 3D GPU Acceleration
    • HW Encoding
    • HW Decoding
    • Offline Charging (Charging while device is powered off)
    • HWComposer (HWC)
    • Possibly other things not listed.

Non-working/partially working features:
    • GPS
    • Wireless Display
    • Wi-Fi Direct
    • Possibly other things not listed.

Do not post bug reports without providing logs (logcats) or steps in order to reproduce the bug(s).

Install GApps right after installing the rom itself.
    Don't try to boot to system before that or you will have issues.

Also largest package you should install use is Micro, Other GApps might cause reboots as they are still in beta.

Download: RR-O-v6.0.0-20180425-hero2lte-Unofficial.zip

Kernel Source: https://github.com/ivanmeler/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890/
    New Build
    Friday April 13th

heres a basic changelog (there's more things but too much to list)
    - Updated sensor blobs
    - Enabled and fixed WiFI display support (miracast,samsung smart tv and such)
    - Fixed bug where touch would stay active in call
    - Fixed HWC (Improved performance of UI since it uses gpu for it which also improves battery life)
    - Updated OMX blobs
    - Enabled OMX

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vQcPCUFDlKpBFsQLBzU5sJm9t1sOWImW/view?usp=sharing
    ROM Updated:

New build posted to website on OP.

Fixes the need to install prime kernel, a boot animation and the reboot fix.
    New build online:

16-02-2018
    - Fixed video recording
    - Synced with RR sources
    - Disabled 'Panic Detection' (should mean that triple tapping the back button should be disabled)
    New build is online.

23-02-2018
    - Fixed HW encoding/decoding (finally, thanks Ivan_Meler!)
    - Updated media profiles and codecs config (More file formats should play now_
    - Synced with RR sources.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone