Retail 3.1 CWM Recovery, Root & full back up!

Search This thread

MarcosFaro

Account currently disabled
Dec 24, 2017
I have problems doing this from a 64 bit Windows 10 installation. I get the following:

C:\nvflash>nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --go
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X4
Command send failed (usb write failed)

I tried a couple of times, including after a reboot and it fails at each attempt.

I have problems doing this from a 64 bit Windows 10 installation. I get the following:

C:\nvflash>nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --go
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X4
Command send failed (usb write failed)

I tried a couple of times, including after a reboot and it fails at each attempt.
Flash TWRP 2.8.7.0 with Odin 3.09 ( not newer Version ) than you can install every Customrom you want

MarcosFaro

Account currently disabled
Dec 24, 2017
Flash TWRP 2.8.7.0 com Odin 3.09 (versão não mais recente) do que você pode instalar cada Customrom que você deseja
Good morning bierma32.
Thanks for your response.
My biggest problem is that I can't go into Download mode, the tablet goes into APX mode.
Greetings

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This will only work for unlocked tablets. If you get the 0x4 error then you have a locked tablet. I am trying to get my hands on a locked tablet. I will know more once I have one to test on but it sounds like we need the secur key.

http://androidroot.mobi/tf-secure-boot-key/

Credit for CWM goes to pershoot. So thank him for the custom i/o recovery. I used smaskell stock i/o recovery dump so thank him as well.
    Read the whole thing before starting!

Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Section 1: cmd prompt setup

1: Download files
    2: Extract nvflash folder to c:\
    3: Open c:\nvflash then right click in side c:\nvflash folder and select create shortcut
    4: Type cmd then enter enter
    5: Right click cmd.exe & start cmd.exe as admin
    6: type cd c:\nvflash then hit enter
    7: You should be at c:\nvflash in the cmd prompt now

Section 2: Putting tablet in nvflash ADX mode

1: Turn tablet off
    2: Unplug the tablet from pc
    3: Hold vol up(right vol button) then hold power button at the same time
    4: Keep holding them for 15 secs
    5: The screen will stay black the whole time
    6: After 15 sec let go of the buttons and plug the tab in to your pc
    7: Open device manager and look for APX Device listed with an error
    8: Right click on the APX device
    9: Select 'Update driver software'
    10: Select 'Browse my computer...'
    11: Select 'Let me pick...'
    12: Select 'Have disk'
    13: Browse to c:\nvflash\usbpcdriver and make sure use sub folders is checked
    14: Select NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for mobile devices
    15: Accept any warnings, including the big red alert (you may need to disable UAC)
    16: Now in Device Manager under USB Controllers you should have an NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for mobile devices

17:Run this command and you should get a black screen with white text at the top left. If you do not get this screen you need to restart at Section 2 step 1.

nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --go

Section 3: Back up recovery (optional)

1: I included stock recovery in the files but if you want to backup recovery then follow this step.

nvflash --resume --read 8 part8.img

Section 4: Installing recovery-cwm_4.0.0.4-sam-tab-10.1 custom recovery

nvflash --resume --download 8 recovery-cwm_4.0.0.4-sam-tab-10.1.img

Section 5: CWM Android Backup then Install Root

You should have custom recovery now

MAKE SURE TO DO A BACKUP IN CWM BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE!!!!

Now install root for i/o tablet :p (I use pershoot's root & tools)

[Tools] – SU/BusyBox/Misc – Galaxy Tab 10.1 by pershoot (Update: 6/18/11)

or

[GUIDE] Rooting the 10.1 Tab
    nvflash commands

http://developer.nvidia.com/tegra/forum/nvflash-man-page-or-command-line-switches

partition table

2 BCT 
    3 PT 
    4 EBT 
    5 EB2 
    6 GP1 
    7 EFS 
    8 SOS<----Recovery!!!!
    9 LNX 
    10 APP 
    11 CAC 
    12 MSC 
    13 MDM 
    14 UDA 
    15 OTA 
    16 HID 
    17 GPT 
    All steps ran fine but I can't seem to get into recovery. After finishing the steps in the first post, I rebooted and open up adb. ADB sees the device and when I type adb reboot recovery the tablet reboots but goes to the battery charging screen. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

none of my other tegra devices would let you go straight into recovery. you have to boot holding volume down then push down select the android& box pic then volume up.

the tf does have some script or program that you can go automatically into recovery, but i think it's more than just an adb command.
    All steps ran fine but I can't seem to get into recovery. After finishing the steps in the first post, I rebooted and open up adb. ADB sees the device and when I type adb reboot recovery the tablet reboots but goes to the battery charging screen. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

3.1 has this issue. You have to turn off the device then hold vol dwn then hold power button. Let go of power when it turns on but still hold vol dwn (left volume button) it should go into recovery. I read 3.0 does not have this issue.