• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

RetCA getting Pie; RetUS still no dice.

Caldair

Dec 28, 2008
My wife's Z3 Play (unlocked 32gb, from Moto) on the retca software channel just received the official OTA Pie update with Feb security patch; Which is great!
... And I'm not at all jealous that my Z3 Play (unlocked 64gb, from B&H) on retus software channel is still not getting the update... Nope, not at all. :p
The worst part is she could not care less, but I've been actively checking for updates like 4 times a day for weeks. :eek:

Reactions: Jcanner

jonshipman

Jun 8, 2010
TBF, I'd rather it be fully vetted as a botched update is often less secure than the exploit it's trying to fix.

That said, it would almost seem like Moto US is checking the update IN ADDITION to the RETCA people. I'd imagine, Moto needs to restructure their update channel to where Moto US just needs to approve the Moto US exclusive apps.

xSpartacusx

Mar 3, 2015
well the RETUS is in the MFN testing phase so..

also guys please note, that android pie on this phone does not ship with the stock gesture controls that a lot of people like. its only available on motorolas Android One phones.

FoxyLove33

Mar 11, 2019
My phone received an another update : PPWS29.131-27-1-2 but the security patch is still February 1st

Is that a second revision of the Pie update?

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone