[RETIRED] CyanogenMod 6.1 Beta4 & ClockworkMod Recovery (Updated 2010.12.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bekriebel

Dec 15, 2008
I have updated ClockworkMod Recovery for the G Tablet to support the internal SD card a bit better.

There is now an advanced option to partition the internal SD card. This can come in handy when the internal partitions get hosed (which seems to happen on occasion with this device). To keep it close to stock you can select a 2048MB Data Partition and the remaining ~13GB will go to the internal SD card. You also have an option to format the internal SD card space as well as mount it as /emmc. You can still format the external SD card using the existing advanced option.

This recovery still uses the external SD card as its primary mount for actions (install ROM, backup, restore, etc.). However, the recovery is configured to “fall back” to the internal SD card for these actions if (and only if) there is no external SD card available to be mounted.

As always, credit to Koush for creating ClockworkMod Recovery in the first place.

----------------------

This is the current BETA release of the CyanogenMod 6.1 port for the G Tablet. There are still several issues, but it is far enough along that I use it as my daily system. Please review issues and post new ones as needed at the Issues page linked below. Feel free to leave feedback in the forum, but I may not be able to follow up on it. The best option is to catch me in #tegratab on Freenode IRC.

CyanogenMod 6.1 Beta4
CyanogenMod 6.1 Beta4 - MD5

ClockworkMod Recovery

My site: bekit.net post

gapps does work, but I probably should not release that here. Just make sure it is the MDPI variety and has an update-binary compatible with tegra.

*Note:
This version now matches the standards for SD card mounting on devices with both internal and external SD card space. This means that the external SD card slot now mounts to /mnt/sdcard (symlink /sdcard) and the internal space mounts to /mnt/emmc (symlink /emmc). The device properly recognizes the internal vs. external space and allows proper unmounting and handling of the external SD card. This also means that some apps (if they were coded poorly) will not recognize the internal SD space as available SD card space and will require you ti insert an external SD card. I will see if I can do something about the default apps (read: camera) that have this problem; other apps will need to be fixed by the developers.

Changelog:
CM6.1 Beta4:
  • Updated SD mappings for internal/external SD space to match standards (see note above)
  • Using latest available source from the CyanogenMod repo
  • Updated kernel to latest G Tablet version (still waiting on source so we can build our own)
  • Updated to the lasted drivers available for the G Tablet
  • Included updated libGLESv2 from nvidia (Angry Birds!)
  • Proper setup of CPU values - this allows the folio Flash APK to install properly
  • Matched fingerprint and device settings to latest G Tablet values

ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.3 (2010.12.11):
  • Added options for managing the internal SD card

ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.2 (2010.11.24):
  • Updated SD mappings to match standards (see note above)

Enjoy!
-Brint (bekit)

Last edited:

Turbo4V

Jun 17, 2009
Awesome, Thank you for putting this together!

Do you know if it addresses the slowdown problem that was present in cmb2? (After using it for a while,browsing etc would slow down till you did a reset)

switt

Mar 13, 2008
As usual amazing work. Everything is rock steady. Only things I added were Spare Parts to maximize some apps and a certain keyboard replacement that starts with S.

Crimton

Apr 30, 2010
Nashville
titanium backup is not seeing my internal sd card, is this a known issue? also i'm unable to mount sd or external sd to computer, the window closes when i try to. the rom seems to run smoothly though.

Last edited:

puppyfarts

Jun 28, 2008
Thank you Bekit!
First time posting here in ages. Is there a trick to getting the audio working? No audio here, except for a freak accident. Not sure how or why it started working out of the blue, rebooted now it's gone again.

happy turkey day!

Last edited:

short/y

Mar 9, 2006
Silly-con Valley
titanium backup is not seeing my internal sd card, is this a known issue? also i'm unable to mount sd or external sd to computer, the window closes when i try to. the rom seems to run smoothly though.
Same here and Kobo wants /mnt/sdcard. I've uninstalled both and re-installed in case something changed with beta4 that they'd cached but it didn't change anything. I've found the Titanium Backup official support site (www.legendroid.com/forumdisplay.php?27-Titanium-Backup-Official-Support) but haven't done through it yet ... turkey'd almost ready so it may be a while. Folks out east (or north or anywhere that this isn't a holiday) may wanna check in there.

EDIT: Meant to thank you, bekit, for your work on this. Sorry, was distracted by the smell of nearly done turkey! :)

redwurm

Apr 8, 2010
Toledo
No SD card here as well. Do I need to install the newest recovery?

Will be kinda hard to download anything.

Last edited:

ehunyadi

Jun 17, 2010
Houston, TX
Thanks for this update! As with all releases, I will try this one out as well. It's great to have choices in firmware, and at this stage, these firmwares are really-REALLY nice.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!!!

dave0373

Aug 25, 2010
I can't get the recovery installed. Can I get an update.zip?

I can't install anything from the market. I keep getting not enough room on card? I have internal card selected in CM settings.

Last edited:

Spaztik

Jul 8, 2007
I tried installing this, making sure to put on the new clockwork and clearing user data, and when I was all done and went to reboot I got "magic value mismatch" no matter what I did. I was able to get into nvrecovery but flashing the old clockwork wouldn't fix it. I finally gave up and flashed the stock image to get going again, blowing away my internal SD titanium backups. Not a huge loss, but if anyone else is thinking about trying this, copy anything important off the internal SD just in case.

*edit*

Whoops, scratch that, apparently the nvrecovery stock image install doesn't wipe the SD, everything was there when I was done and flashed Clockwork again.

Last edited:

mhoepfin

Jan 9, 2006
This is running well and I am seeing very smooth scrolling in the browser. That has been my biggest complaint with the gtablet.

dave0373

Aug 25, 2010
I tried installing this, making sure to put on the new clockwork and clearing user data, and when I was all done and went to reboot I got "magic value mismatch" no matter what I did. I was able to get into nvrecovery but flashing the old clockwork wouldn't fix it. I finally gave up and flashed the stock image to get going again, blowing away my internal SD titanium backups. Not a huge loss, but if anyone else is thinking about trying this, copy anything important off the internal SD just in case.

*edit*

Whoops, scratch that, apparently the nvrecovery stock image install doesn't wipe the SD, everything was there when I was done and flashed Clockwork again.

Same thing happened to me. "magic value mismatch" It's not to magic, lol. Off to NVflash I go. (lost everything).

madhouze

Apr 21, 2007
Thank you Bekit!
First time posting here in ages. Is there a trick to getting the audio working? No audio here, except for a freak accident. Not sure how or why it started working out of the blue, rebooted now it's gone again.

happy turkey day!
Try pluging in headphones and then take them out.
Had the same exact problem.
(Oops... missed the fact that it was already answered!)

madhouze

Apr 21, 2007
Thank you SO much! This is finally a usable ROM for this hardware-rich unit.
I have two questions:
1. Can anyone compile/provide a tun.ko file for this kernel? I would like to use VPN Connections on this device.
2. Is anyone else experiencing odd slowdowns after the device wakes up? When I first boot the device works smoothly. After the device is off and then turned back on, I sometimes experience an unbelievably laggy performance...

Thanks in advace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have updated ClockworkMod Recovery for the G Tablet to support the internal SD card a bit better.

There is now an advanced option to partition the internal SD card. This can come in handy when the internal partitions get hosed (which seems to happen on occasion with this device). To keep it close to stock you can select a 2048MB Data Partition and the remaining ~13GB will go to the internal SD card. You also have an option to format the internal SD card space as well as mount it as /emmc. You can still format the external SD card using the existing advanced option.

This recovery still uses the external SD card as its primary mount for actions (install ROM, backup, restore, etc.). However, the recovery is configured to “fall back” to the internal SD card for these actions if (and only if) there is no external SD card available to be mounted.

As always, credit to Koush for creating ClockworkMod Recovery in the first place.

----------------------

This is the current BETA release of the CyanogenMod 6.1 port for the G Tablet. There are still several issues, but it is far enough along that I use it as my daily system. Please review issues and post new ones as needed at the Issues page linked below. Feel free to leave feedback in the forum, but I may not be able to follow up on it. The best option is to catch me in #tegratab on Freenode IRC.

CyanogenMod 6.1 Beta4
    CyanogenMod 6.1 Beta4 - MD5

ClockworkMod Recovery

My site: bekit.net post

gapps does work, but I probably should not release that here. Just make sure it is the MDPI variety and has an update-binary compatible with tegra.

*Note:
    This version now matches the standards for SD card mounting on devices with both internal and external SD card space. This means that the external SD card slot now mounts to /mnt/sdcard (symlink /sdcard) and the internal space mounts to /mnt/emmc (symlink /emmc). The device properly recognizes the internal vs. external space and allows proper unmounting and handling of the external SD card. This also means that some apps (if they were coded poorly) will not recognize the internal SD space as available SD card space and will require you ti insert an external SD card. I will see if I can do something about the default apps (read: camera) that have this problem; other apps will need to be fixed by the developers.

Changelog:
    CM6.1 Beta4:
    • Updated SD mappings for internal/external SD space to match standards (see note above)
    • Updated kernel to latest G Tablet version (still waiting on source so we can build our own)
    • Updated to the lasted drivers available for the G Tablet
    • Included updated libGLESv2 from nvidia (Angry Birds!)
    • Proper setup of CPU values - this allows the folio Flash APK to install properly
    • Matched fingerprint and device settings to latest G Tablet values

ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.3 (2010.12.11):
    • Added options for managing the internal SD card

ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.2 (2010.11.24):
    • Updated SD mappings to match standards (see note above)

Enjoy!
    -Brint (bekit)
    I keep seeing "market fixes" in other threads for the G Tab, but that's assuming the market is already installed. How do we get the market installed at all? Cyanogen mod doesn't have it preinstalled.

You have to install gapps, also then follow the market fix thread. You can get gapps here

Les
    I may just be making an assumption...but as far as I know, the reason this is taking so long is that the devs are building a custom kernel. Also...I doubt much work was done on it over the holidays.