Retrieving Info From Moto Z Force With Broken Screen

Search This thread

blueice5249

Jun 29, 2010
I need some help getting some things off my old phone that has a screen that doesn't work. I was on vacation not too long ago and my Moto Z Force bit the dust, just wouldn't turn on anymore. I knew I needed a new phone and was having problems with it, most notably the battery. All my stuff was on there, including my boarding passes to get home, so I stopped by a Verizon in Hawaii and bought the most expensive souvenir I'll ever buy on vacation. All was well and good until recently, when I forgot about getting things I need off the phone, both things for my business and personal stuff.

Long story short, I tried to replace the battery myself and totally ****ed up the screen in the process. The battery works and the phone now turns on, I can occasionally hear it start up and feel it vibrate if I keep playing with things. But the screen is a complete loss, mostly due to my lack of patience and insistence on using too much force. The ribbon is actually intact, but the screen itself is not. I didn't have debugging on because an app I use requires it to be off, but my computer does recognize the phone and charges it. I'm open to buying a new screen if need be, but I'd like to make sure it would work before I spend the money. Occasionally the phone will keep vibrating every few seconds, but that seems to have gone away now. The screen will also show random white or green lines if the phone is on and you bend it or twist it a certain way.

How can I get things off of it without the screen?

If this is in the wrong section, I apologize.