• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Return Story Verizon... Note 7 ver.2

Search This thread

Vic35

Sep 27, 2016
I just got back from my local Verizon store to see what my options were and man they were not good. First off they did not take my phone but simply said samsung will send me a box to return.

So then I placed my order for an iPhone 7 plus 256 gb and it was actually in stock and il be receiving in 2 days. I still had to pay for the tax and activation fee and I don't get my $ back for the month i payed the device which is lame...

Reasons why i chose the iPhone 7 plus is simply because it's the second best phone in the market behind the note 7 and the closest thing to it in terms of camera and display.. I'm planing on jailbreaking ASAP so i can change it to an Android OS ..

They also said that samsung will update the device so it won't be usable and apps will no longer begin to update or work.. If you are rooted maybe you can block it ?

Hate how i have to give up my note 7 .. watching movies on this thing was insane! Specially movies in 4k and sports.. that infinity screen look while watching on the edges is simply AMAZING... I'm also thinking about keeping the note 7 till its last breath I'm hoping by that time the jet black iPhone 7plus will be available.. i really don't know what i am going to do with 256 gb of space .....

BozQ

Jan 5, 2010
I just got back from my local Verizon store to see what my options were and man they were not good. First off they did not take my phone but simply said samsung will send me a box to return.

So then I placed my order for an iPhone 7 plus 256 gb and it was actually in stock and il be receiving in 2 days. I still had to pay for the tax and activation fee and I don't get my $ back for the month i payed the device which is lame...

Reasons why i chose the iPhone 7 plus is simply because it's the second best phone in the market behind the note 7 and the closest thing to it in terms of camera and display.. I'm planing on jailbreaking ASAP so i can change it to an Android OS ..

They also said that samsung will update the device so it won't be usable and apps will no longer begin to update or work.. If you are rooted maybe you can block it ?

Hate how i have to give up my note 7 .. watching movies on this thing was insane! Specially movies in 4k and sports.. that infinity screen look while watching on the edges is simply AMAZING... I'm also thinking about keeping the note 7 till its last breath I'm hoping by that time the jet black iPhone 7plus will be available.. i really don't know what i am going to do with 256 gb of space .....
Wait. What? Jailbreak an iPhone 7 and install Android?

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
As an owner of a 7 plus since 09/23 I will say this...

Yes it's good if you're fine with iOS. I am since I've owned every one since the original in 2007. I was also jailbroken up to 9.01. I do intend to do it again when/if a legitimate fully tethered jailbreak comes out for iOS 10.

I like the touch only home button. I don't like how you must use a finger to activate it though! A gloved finger or pen does nothing.

The portrait camera effect right now in beta is buggy and I often use it less than more because of distortion and cutting off details. Samsung's depth effect was far easier to use and the results better overall. Apple has a lot of work to do here. If you have great lighting and still subjects with not a lot of detail in them the results can be quite good.

The display is good but I like the Note 7's AMOLED far better.

The iPhone's sound is good though. Close to HTC Boom sound. I wish the camera recorded audio in stereo though.

Of course there's no stylus either. I didn't use mine that much to make it a big deal but to those that used it every day it will be sorely missed.

There's no denying it though. The Note7 in hand felt like the perfect size and form factor. Its bezel size made it feel more like a typical 5" phone instead of a 5.7" phablet. I have a Nexus 6 and it dwarfed it in comparison!

Reactions: droidiac13

GolfMan90

Oct 4, 2016
I agree with this post. I have been an iPhone user myself for years and just recently was due for an upgrade and thought I would give the Note 7 a try and I loved it. It was the best phone I have ever owned. I think I had it for about a week and now have to turn it in. I think I am going to go to the iPhone 7 plus myself and will be eagerly awaiting a jailbreak for it. Jailbreaking is pretty much the main reason I have stayed with an iPhone for so long.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At the end of the day iPhone 7 plus is indeed the closest thing to a note 7

you couldnt be further from the truth... lol
    > I'm planing on jailbreaking ASAP so i can change it to an Android OS ..

Good luck with that

Sent from my SM-N930W8 using Tapatalk
    As an owner of a 7 plus since 09/23 I will say this...

Yes it's good if you're fine with iOS. I am since I've owned every one since the original in 2007. I was also jailbroken up to 9.01. I do intend to do it again when/if a legitimate fully tethered jailbreak comes out for iOS 10.

I like the touch only home button. I don't like how you must use a finger to activate it though! A gloved finger or pen does nothing.

The portrait camera effect right now in beta is buggy and I often use it less than more because of distortion and cutting off details. Samsung's depth effect was far easier to use and the results better overall. Apple has a lot of work to do here. If you have great lighting and still subjects with not a lot of detail in them the results can be quite good.

The display is good but I like the Note 7's AMOLED far better.

The iPhone's sound is good though. Close to HTC Boom sound. I wish the camera recorded audio in stereo though.

Of course there's no stylus either. I didn't use mine that much to make it a big deal but to those that used it every day it will be sorely missed.

There's no denying it though. The Note7 in hand felt like the perfect size and form factor. Its bezel size made it feel more like a typical 5" phone instead of a 5.7" phablet. I have a Nexus 6 and it dwarfed it in comparison!