• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Return to Stock ROM from Custom

Search This thread

ppthom

Apr 3, 2016
Realme 6 Pro
Had a TWRP backup of my 2063 ROM (Russian), tested it by restoring and all was well. Installed and tried out 2 custom ROMS ( Bliss, MSM Extended ), wanted to return to original Realme 6 Pro ROM; after wiping cache, formating data, tried to restore with my good TWRP backup and the dreaded "extractt TarFork() process ended with ERROR:255" appeared near the end of the data partition. Unfortunately I do not know the full name/description of the stock ROM that was on the phone, so I am doing a trial-and-error method with, so far, 2 (both 2061 ROMS). Just boot loops are the result. Any Suggestions?

ppthom

Apr 3, 2016
Realme 6 Pro
Used Realme Flash Tool to fix this. Had to use it twice, and the process worked well both times. Gave a donation, as it was a huge help to avoid more time-consuming methods, even if they are out there.