• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Returned it. Appalling battery life and lag

Search This thread

Locklear308

Feb 6, 2012
Loganville
Lag...Lag...LAG!

My freaking lord the Moto 360 lags like an old gingerbread phone! Barely responds to taps, struggles to load animations and basic things... Ugh.

And the battery was JUST pathetic. 6 hours annnnnddd.... Dead. Worthless.

After conducting my tests I can offically say...as much as I hate to say it.... The moto 360 is a complete failure.

Do not buy it. Wait for the next gen watches.

deziking

Feb 18, 2010
mines been improving on battery after few charge at end of day 830pm was at 47% wait till we can root and edit other great stuff.

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 10, 2011
york, pa
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Lag...Lag...LAG!

My freaking lord the Moto 360 lags like an old gingerbread phone! Barely responds to taps, struggles to load animations and basic things... Ugh.

After conducting my tests I can offically say...as much as I hate to say it.... The moto 360 is a complete failure.

Your story seems to be the minority. Mine lasts all day with half the battery remaining and no lag.

Reactions: tarpat1

ddavtian

Apr 17, 2007
San Francisco Bay Area
Lag...Lag...LAG!

No lag here. Off charger at 8am, now it's 8pm, 58% left, after 20+ text messages, 30+ email notifications.
Buy if you can find one.

felacio

Apr 16, 2007
Fayetteville
www.idle-handz.com
Mines off the charger at 630am and back on at 11pm. If that's not considered all day I don't know what is... Granted I'm down to 10% but it's still alive.

I do notice some lag sometimes though but it really doesn't bother me. You must have the screen on all the time at full brightness or something.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

play2lose

Aug 11, 2007
Definitely does have some lag compared to the G Watch which is smooth....but after a few days my battery is actually up to par with the G Watch. That's to say after a 16 hour day I still have 10-20% battery life. Works for me!

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
Central Jersey. That's it
I'm on my second cycle and so far, so good. Unplugged at 7:21 am. It's 9:08 am and I'm at 94%. Did disconnect from the phone(OnePlus One) for about half an hour and battery remained at 96. Connected it back, and after 15 minutes, dropped to 94. Have had 3 texts already, 2 emails. other notifications that don't wake the watch. Checked the time about 8 times by using the motion sensor. I think it'll last.

As to lag, yes, there is lag. Animations do drop frame. But it's not bad enough for me to be unhappy. Still asking why in God's name did Motorola not use the Snapdragon 400.

Sent from my OnePlusOne

Last edited:

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Coming from a Pebble, Pebble Steel, LG G Watch, to now my beloved Moto 360. Battery decreased significantly since the pebble obviously. From the G Watch to the 360, there is slight lag, but nothing a custom rom can't fix :), but it's fine and tolerable because of the look of the 360. I am willing to compromise a bit for the style, even though the G watch was slightly better on the operating side of things. For me, the looks have the me wearing my 360 since I got it and I have a few other watches, which are left in my watch box for later use lol.

Back to the battery issue. After the first week, the battery has lasted 12 hrs easy; on average, I get about 5% discharge per hour with heavy usage of calls, emails and notifications. Bump that up to ~7% after using navi for about a half hour or so.

MRCANNADY

Mar 13, 2009
Yay another 'who cares' thread

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Free mobile app

I mean seriously, do we really need 3+ threads on the same freaking subject?? if you don't like the moto, then return it and move along, or post your reasons if you feel inclined to on one of the other 2 threads.

Where are the mods? They need to close these duplicate threads

furiousgtz

Oct 25, 2007
Lag...Lag...LAG!

lol-you-mad-bro.jpg

Reactions: deziking

cybrslug

Jul 19, 2010
Couldn't agree more!

Lag...Lag...LAG!

I wanted to love it! But after 3 days of it barely lasting 12 hours and an HRM monitor that could not find my heart rate while in the gym it had to go back. DAMN!! I wanted to love you MOTO 360, but you just didn't deliver. Safe travels back home pal:rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Off the charge at 730am, now 1030pm, 39% left.

Don't notice any lag.

Have fun!
    These guys just missed the r update that fixes everything and doubles battery life...
    c48ed4ee395660c859c9ef6e461609974e72a7668b6b282f31eb029b7c7fea71.jpg
    Yay another 'who cares' thread

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Free mobile app
    this escalated quickly
    REDEMPTION!

After a few days, a old work mate of mine asked how I was liking my Moto 360. I explained to him my anger with the battery and lag and how bad it was.... He responded with great confusion.

"Mine's not like that at all dude... you must of got a ****ty one man" He said

So... reluctantly... I did, and I have to say one thing...

MINE WAS A DEFECTIVE!

This new one is a completely different experience. It doesn't lag. It doesn't freeze. It doesn't just die by it's self.

I can go through a whole 14 hour day and it gets to around 50%-ish. WONDERFUL! This is just a relief and now a joy to use.

So...my recommendation if yours seems laggy and dies a lot... RETURN IT. GET ANOTHER.