Returning Phone within 30 days

Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Has anyone return a phone within their 30 days? What is the process, I must got to purchase store, I paid with Debit card, does that get refunded to my card or do they mail a check? Also will my upgrade eligibility return to eligible?

My plan is to return my evo I purchase using my upgrade on 2-28-2011, buy a evo from ebay and then use my upgrade to get either the nexus s or the evo 3d, not sure what phone I want yet. The ebay evo will then be givin to my wife :)

Thanks

teh roxxorz

Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
You need to go to the store of purchase and just tell them you didn't like it, or whatever. If you paid by debit, it should be refunded to the card.

sitlet

Mar 30, 2008
I paid with Debit card, does that get refunded to my card or do they mail a check?

I am almost positive they have to refund it back to the card. It may take a day or two to refund though.

Also will my upgrade eligibility return to eligible?

Yes, this also may take a day or two as well, but it will return back. Be aware sprint has a limit, I believe you can only try out 3 phones, and after that, you wont get the upgrade back.

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Thanks for the Fast responses! So I can try another phone if I wanted and return that as well? No, nevermind lol. Thats not what I am trying to do here! I just wish a release date was out on nexus s and evo 3d. Again I appreciate the info :)

teh roxxorz

Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
Thanks for the Fast responses! So I can try another phone if I wanted and return that as well? No, nevermind lol. Thats not what I am trying to do here! I just wish a release date was out on nexus s and evo 3d. Again I appreciate the info :)

Technically you could. And as for the Nexus S, I heard spring, so you're looking around April-ish, as for the EVo 3D I heard summer, so you're talking May/June.

jstalford

Jan 2, 2011
NC
You can only return a phone one time within the 30 days. If, for example, you get a Nexus S and keep it for 10 days, then decide you don't want it and get an Evo Shift, the Shift is what you're stuck with. No more exchanges.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone