Question Returning to stock ROM&closing the bootloader?

Search This thread

kingozilla

Sep 12, 2020
Saudi Arabia
Hi, a little question. If I closed the bootloader and returned to the stock ROM with no root, will I receive OTA updates again? Also another question, I want to modify some files before I flash the rom like I want to remove samsung emoji and put ios emoji in their place, is it possible?

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Hi, a little question. If I closed the bootloader and returned to the stock ROM with no root, will I receive OTA updates again?
I've heard people say that you do get OTA if you flash stock and re-lock your bootloader but never tested it myself.

Also another question, I want to modify some files before I flash the rom like I want to remove samsung emoji and put ios emoji in their place, is it possible?
No, any modification will be detected as custom and won't be able to be flashed with a locked bootloader.

Reactions: kingozilla

kingozilla

Sep 12, 2020
Saudi Arabia
I've heard people say that you do get OTA if you flash stock and re-lock your bootloader but never tested it myself.

No, any modification will be detected as custom and won't be able to be flashed with a locked bootloader.
Ok thank you, I downloaded the stock rom and wont return to root in near future, because I strongly want the stability over apps - bank apps and phone, and I want encryption, and not anymore have more time for this. But how can I close the bootloader to receive OTA updates? Does installing it just normally through odin close it?

Elvaa

Feb 16, 2018
Việt Nam
Ok thank you, I downloaded the stock rom and wont return to root in near future, because I strongly want the stability over apps - bank apps and phone, and I want encryption, and not anymore have more time for this. But how can I close the bootloader to receive OTA updates? Does installing it just normally through odin close it?
Make sure you are at stock. Boot into unlock mode again, do it the same like unlock, it will lock your bootloader. When stock boot up, enable Developer option, turn off allow OEM unlocking, reboot. Now you are able to receive OTA normally.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, a little question. If I closed the bootloader and returned to the stock ROM with no root, will I receive OTA updates again?

Also another question, I want to modify some files before I flash the rom like I want to remove samsung emoji and put ios emoji in their place, is it possible?
    You can receive OTA and update normally after locked bootloader